Iran has refused IAEA inspections

rhodescholar

Gold Member
May 31, 2009
Strafing Iranian RGs with my .50 Cal
To address the question of the IRI's cooperation with the IAEA, I have assembled a list of instances showing that the IRI has continuously refused to allow the UNSC-mandated inspections:

Diplomats: Iran has means to test bomb in 6 months - Salon.com

"With the U.N. nuclear agency strictly limited in its nuclear monitoring of Iran, the existence of a hidden enrichment site that could supply the weapons-grade uranium needed for a nuclear weapons test is also possible.

International Atomic Energy Agency chief Mohamed Elbaradei has repeatedly warned that his agency cannot guarantee that Iran is not hiding nuclear activities. Iranian nuclear expert David Albright on Friday put the chances that such a secret site exists at "50-50."

Iran, Syria violate UN sanctions banning arms transfer, members say : Middle East World

"Sawers said Iran had "no plausible civilian use" for most of the centrifuges. "Iran has also refused access to IAEA inspectors to the heavy water reactor at Arak, for the second time in a row," Sawers said. "This is of particular concern because the reactor's design at Arak is ideally suited to producing plutonium, which could be used for nuclear weapons.""

Iran's Denials of Design Information and Verification: More Cause for International Concern - U.S. Mission to International Organizations in Vienna

"Iran’s refusal to provide early design information for new nuclear facilities and its denial of inspections at a key facility are cause for international concern for three reasons. First, they continue a trend of Iran increasingly withholding cooperation from the IAEA. Second, they raise further questions about the nature of Iran’s activities and intentions of its leadership. Third, they constitute further violations of Iran’s international obligations.
New Instances of Iran Withholding Information and Cooperation.

Iran’s leaders have taken steps that have increasingly limited the effectiveness of IAEA inspections. Iran’s leaders have:

- stopped implementing the IAEA’s Additional Protocol, a protocol accepted by 112 other countries which provides inspectors enhanced access to information and facilities;
- denied entrance to Iran for some fifty IAEA inspectors, including senior inspectors with valuable experience and knowledge related to Iran’s nuclear program;
- refused to permit IAEA interviews of key individuals associated with Iran’s nuclear activities;
- refused to provide key information about Iran’s relationship to the A.Q. Khan network, an illicit market in nuclear technology;
- refused to turn over or provide a copy of a fifteen-page document, obtained from the A.Q. Khan network, related to the manufacture of nuclear weapons components; and,
- refused to address connections between studies on uranium conversion to high explosives testing (an important step in nuclear weapons design) and the design of a missile re-entry vehicle."

-----------------

To those with any intelligence whatsoever, these are just a few of the hundreds of sites listing the IRI's refusal to allow the legally required IAEA inspections, which would then preclude their ability to obtain evidence that they are, as most of the World suspects, building nuclear weapons.

• Banned
Why should Iran be prevented from having nuclear capabilities when Israel has it?

Since Al Capone robbed people, why can't I?

What the flying fuck does israel have to do with iran?

both are countries that use their power irresponsibly?

Is israel directing large terrorist proxy armies that are de-stabilizing FOUR other middle eastern nations?

Is israel threatening to wipe iran off the map?

Is israel a democracy accountable to its voters, whereas iran is a military dictatorship with a totally unaccountable government?

Is israel training, supporting and aiding rocket fire into iran?

Only a fool could begin to try and compare the 2...

Why should Iran be prevented from having nuclear capabilities when Israel has it?

Israel and their bootlickers are the ones complaining about Irans nuclear capability while neglecting the fact that Israel has nuclear power and weapons. Why should that be?

both are countries that use their power irresponsibly?

Is israel directing large terrorist proxy armies that are de-stabilizing FOUR other middle eastern nations?

Is israel threatening to wipe iran off the map?

Is israel a democracy accountable to its voters, whereas iran is a military dictatorship with a totally unaccountable government?

Is israel training, supporting and aiding rocket fire into iran?

Only a fool could begin to try and compare the 2...

They should both be allowed to point WMDs at each other. Nothing wrong with that.

Israel and their bootlickers are the ones complaining about Irans nuclear capability while neglecting the fact that Israel has nuclear power and weapons. Why should that be?
Israel having nuclear weapons is irrelevant to the NPT because.....

Israel didn't sign the NPT.

Iran did.

Last edited:

Iran did.

So why didn't Israel sign the NPT ? Let's face it. If the UN is going to rid the world of nukes how can you possibly give Israel an exception?

Iran did.

So why didn't Israel sign the NPT ? Let's face it. If the UN is going to rid the world of nukes how can you possibly give Israel an exception?
:confused: Israel is not bound by the NPT (and the UN/IAEA charged with oversight of NPT signatories) because Isreal is not a signatory state to the NPT.

It's like your asking why I'm not doing some contract obligation you have - I didn't sign that contract. It's an idiotic question asking why someone doesn't fulfill a contract obligation whenever they didn't sign it.

Why they didn't sign is likely because Israel decided it wasn't in their best interest at the time.

Iran did.

:confused: Israel is not bound by the NPT (and the UN/IAEA charged with oversight of NPT signatories) because Isreal is not a signatory state to the NPT.

It's like your asking why I'm not doing some contract obligation you have - I didn't sign that contract. It's an idiotic question asking why someone doesn't fulfill a contract obligation whenever they didn't sign it.

Why they didn't sign is likely because Israel decided it wasn't in their best interest at the time.

That explanation will be perfectly acceptable to every other single country in the world that has nukes or wants them.:rolleyes:

That explanation will be perfectly acceptable to every other single country in the world that has nukes or wants them.:rolleyes:
Obviously, it's acceptable to the 185 signatory states who have signed the NPT.

Obviously, it's acceptable to the 185 signatory states who have signed the NPT.

So you're telling me that every country in the world will be perfectly happy to dispose of their nukes yet let Israel keep theirs ?

.... So you're telling me ....
Nope.

Then how about admitting that allowing Israel to remain armed and uninspected is a bit problematic when it comes to negotiating with Iran.
As Israel is NOT a signatory state to the NPT, it is irrelevant. You don't get that. It's a childish view by Iran.

Iran DID sign the NPT. No one held a gun to their heads. Iran knew Israel had nukes when they signed.

Last edited:

Then how about admitting that allowing Israel to remain armed and uninspected is a bit problematic when it comes to negotiating with Iran.
As Israel is NOT a signatory state to the NPT, it is irrelevant. You don't get that. It's a childish view by Iran.

Iran DID sign the NPT. No one held a gun to their heads. Iran knew Israel had nukes when they signed.

ah , you think this "signatory" shit actually means something.
Bets of luck

You may wanna talk to some people who have been killed by the person who they had a restraining order against.

Forum List

Back