Iran gets.. The Bomb

Iran threatens no one?

Wow.

Has Iran threatened you personally? Have they threatened to unleash their arsenal upon the US? Where is this memo? Email? Phone conversation transcript? ANYTHING?

Really, a subscription to a newspaper, any newspaper, would make your posts much more intelligent and informed. Does the U.S. Embassy mean anything to you? How about Hezbollah? Does the phrase "wipe Israel off the map" ring a bell?

Rabid has and WILL misquote, mislead, and misrepresent ANY piece of info to paint Israel as the VICTIM in ANY situation. I'm surprised he hasn't called for the US to apologise to ISRAEL for the USS Liberty. Like gosh we are REALLY sorry our ship got in the way of you training mission we will try really hard in the future to make sure you know EXACTELY where each and every one of our ships are at all times. We will also try REALLY hard to make sure the AMERICAN FLAG is larger so you don't confuse us with an Egyptian TRAWLER!!! FUCK YOU RABID and FUCK Israel. (note I did NOT say fuck Jews I said FUCK Israel there IS a difference)!

Israeli Firster. Always has been always will be. Rabbi wouldn't care if EVERY LAST US serviceman died to protect Israel.

Last edited:
First, let me say this, to outright dismiss the security concerns assocaited with the development of nuclear weapons by Iran would be a very dangerous thing to do. I fail to see in my post where I actually said, that finding chemical munitions in Iraq somehow made whole the reasoning for the Bush Administrations forray into that conflict. I was pointing out though that WMDs did exist there, and were found there regardless of the condition in which they were found. I have a feeling that the nuclear ambitions of Iran have more to do with the leaderships Ambitions more so than the actual people of Iran and the main focus of any policy towards that nation would be to support the people of Irans movement towards freedom in whatever way we can. I simply stated a fact Yank that WMD's have become a political tool for the left and the right to toss around when in fact they do exist and have been used in the past. I stand by my original belief that the Bush Administrations reasoning for going to Iraq was flawed to begin with , but having done so the Bush Administration should have made it clear that the goals were changed from the outset after only discovering a small number of Chemical weapons. On a positive note though, I believe that the removal of a sadistic dictator was and still is a good thing for the people of Iraq. You see Yank I come from a different war fighting school I suppose, and would have made it clear from the outset what the goals were, and once reached, then removed myself from that region knowing its history for ethnic and religeous conflict. The talk of WMD's in general needs to be addressed on some level because, you and I both know that Iran is the major supplier for weapons of all sorts to groups that are bent on religeous hatred and to have such weapons in the hands of these people would only embolden them to use them. Those sorts of things however start with policy that is based on knowing where we are going, what are goals are, and once reached remove ourselves from that commitment and let the task of nation buildng be left to those that have an interest in the nations namely its citizens.

Navy....you are 100% correct in that YOU never stated "that finding chemical munitions in Iraq somehow made whole the reasoning for the Bush Administrations forray into that conflict". However, you referenced the story in your post and built upon it, which led me to believe that you agree with the content of said story. Especially since you in no way, shape or form denounced the findings with the report. Do you understand how I, or someone else may have misunderstood your rationale for using the story in your post?

First, let me say this, I have no reason to denounce the DoD's report on those 500 chemical munitions that were found and have found little evidence to suggest it is untrue other than the fact that the as stated in the report the munitions were degraded, and that they were perhaps from old stockpiles. I do see your point however, and as I tend to sometimes post things that are of the generic sort. lol it kind of gets me stuck there. What I wanted people to come away with though is that somtimes lost in talk about WMDs is the fact that over 100 thousand of Iraqs people died as the result of the use of chemical munitions (a.k.a. WMDs). I do think that regardless of anyones politcal stripe, hopefully we can all agree that the removal of those responsbile for the use of those munitions was and still is a good thing for the citizens of Iraq. I think we can agree on that and still be skeptical of the Bush Administrations reasoning for drawing this nation into that conflict.

IF it is right and true for the US to go and save the world from every bad leader....why have we done nothing about the mass genocide in Africa?

Navy....you are 100% correct in that YOU never stated "that finding chemical munitions in Iraq somehow made whole the reasoning for the Bush Administrations forray into that conflict". However, you referenced the story in your post and built upon it, which led me to believe that you agree with the content of said story. Especially since you in no way, shape or form denounced the findings with the report. Do you understand how I, or someone else may have misunderstood your rationale for using the story in your post?

First, let me say this, I have no reason to denounce the DoD's report on those 500 chemical munitions that were found and have found little evidence to suggest it is untrue other than the fact that the as stated in the report the munitions were degraded, and that they were perhaps from old stockpiles. I do see your point however, and as I tend to sometimes post things that are of the generic sort. lol it kind of gets me stuck there. What I wanted people to come away with though is that somtimes lost in talk about WMDs is the fact that over 100 thousand of Iraqs people died as the result of the use of chemical munitions (a.k.a. WMDs). I do think that regardless of anyones politcal stripe, hopefully we can all agree that the removal of those responsbile for the use of those munitions was and still is a good thing for the citizens of Iraq. I think we can agree on that and still be skeptical of the Bush Administrations reasoning for drawing this nation into that conflict.

We helped Saddam to develop those weapons in the FIRST PLACE! We ALSO helped put Saddam in POWER in the first place. We need to quit meddeling in other countries affairs because we always come out smelling like shit!

STFU! We are just following our devine right to force christianity on the stupid muslims.

Anything we do to the stupid muslims is worth the price of bringing them to Jesus.

Also is it our fault the dumb motherfuckers live on top of our oil?

IF it is right and true for the US to go and save the world from every bad leader....why have we done nothing about the mass genocide in Africa?

There's no money in it. In Congo they chop of childrens ARMS all for the Diamond trade yet we do NOTHING!

We helped Saddam to develop those weapons in the FIRST PLACE! We ALSO helped put Saddam in POWER in the first place. We need to quit meddeling in other countries affairs because we always come out smelling like shit!

STFU! We are just following our devine right to force christianity on the stupid muslims.

Anything we do to the stupid muslims is worth the price of bringing them to Jesus.

OOPS I forgot the US and Israel NEVER have to answer for our actions. If we fuck up it is CLEARLY due to someone else's misunderstanding of our intentions.

Where did you make the leap of faith that I said we go and save the world from every bad leader? I simply said the removal of those responsbile for the use of those weapons was a good thing for the citizens of Iraq. As for Africa, I think this nation should do more and whatever it can to stop the genocide that is happening in Africa. Interesting thing about Africa is I don't think it would take that much of a commitment on our part and I think we might find many willing partners to help too. As for thinking we should remove every bad leader. I do think I made it clear , that the task of nation building is not a task that is best suited for the US Military but is more so best suited for the citizens of the nation in question.

Where did you make the leap of faith that I said we go and save the world from every bad leader? I simply said the removal of those responsbile for the use of those weapons was a good thing for the citizens of Iraq. As for Africa, I think this nation should do more and whatever it can to stop the genocide that is happening in Africa. Interesting thing about Africa is I don't think it would take that much of a commitment on our part and I think we might find many willing partners to help too. As for thinking we should remove every bad leader. I do think I made it clear , that the task of nation building is not a task that is best suited for the US Military but is more so best suited for the citizens of the nation in question.

As for Africa I guess our GREAT success in Somalia is indicitive of the amount of effort we would need to put forth.

So Navy what of OUR responsibility for the use of those weapon against the Iraqi people?

Last edited:

As for Africa I guess our GREAT success in Somalia is indicitive of the amount of effort we would need to put forth.

So Navy what of OUR responsibility for the use of those weapon against the Iraqi people?

We have none, because we did not use them against the people of Iraq their own Govt. did. Yes it's true that a number of American companies as well as UK, French, USSR, Chinese and many other supplied Iraq with the components to build these weapons. You ask what our responsibility is, at the time the sale of those components and weapons systems were fully legal and was done do in the 80's during the Iran/Iraq war. We as a nation have no responsibility for the actions of Saddam or his thugs against his own people.

I figure we may as well accept that Iran is going to become a nuclear power and provide terrorists with weapons of mass destruction. It's fairly obvious that Obama's going to do diddley squat other that continue to threaten new improved sanctions, draw lines in the sand and then move the lines.

Obama gave Iran until the end of the year to take up his offer of engagement, but US officials have indicated there was no hard and fast deadline.

"They are in both political and commercial relationships and if we can create a sanctions track that targets those who actually make the decisions, we think that is a smarter way to do sanctions," Clinton said.

AFP: World powers to meet over Iran sanctions this week

I thought the terrorists already had WMD? Isn't that why Dubya and DICK invaded Iraq?

The invasion of Iraq shows that they did not have any. Do you not keep up with the news?

Even if the reasons for invading Iraq were not valid and you hate bush; how does that alter or diminish the current threat of Iran obtaining them?

Last edited:
It will move the world into a totally new and scary universe.

It will change NOTHING other than to tie Iran's hands as has happened with every other nuclear power. The will NEVER "give" a nuke to terrorists because if used it will be traced back to Iran and they will be vaporized for it and if you want to WHINE about someone who HAS nukes then whine about Pakistsn whose gov't is balanced on a knifes edge.

You leave out some larges causes and effects of Iran getting nukes. The Islamic nuclear arms race. After Iran gets the bomb, three of her biggest enemies, Saudia Arabia, Egypt and Iraq (ironically Iraq). After them goes Lebanon, Syria and Turkey. Before you know if rogue nations like Sudan, Myammar, Somolia will acquire the bomb. MADD will only last so long, it won't be long before one goes off, lighting off a fire storm

Even if the reasons for invading Iraq were not valid and you hate bush; how does that alter or diminish the current threat of Iran obtaining them?
It doesn't weak minds on the left use it as a red herring to divert the argument.

Its come with this noobie. You say Obama's cap and trade policy is crap. He will come back with, Bush did this and that...

OK...I am just trying to figure out why you thought this was news since the terrorists have had WMD for YEARS according to Dubya and DICK?

Okay then.. why do you restrict it to Dubya & Dick ? Didn't Congress vote on that.? What about the Hill Billy's..?

Because Dubya was C in C and ASKED Congress to support his actions? And of course DICK was his right hand man...

hey slave get back to rowing Osma's boat. you spinelss bastard

Are you retard, if anything there are less Christians in Iraq! Typical for a mental midget like you to equate it to the crusades!

Last edited:

We have none, because we did not use them against the people of Iraq their own Govt. did. Yes it's true that a number of American companies as well as UK, French, USSR, Chinese and many other supplied Iraq with the components to build these weapons. You ask what our responsibility is, at the time the sale of those components and weapons systems were fully legal and was done do in the 80's during the Iran/Iraq war. We as a nation have no responsibility for the actions of Saddam or his thugs against his own people.

According to a New York Times article in August, 2002, Col. Walter P. Lang, a senior defense intelligence officer at the time, explained that D.I.A. and C.I.A. officials "were desperate to make sure that Iraq did not lose" to Iran. "The use of gas on the battlefield by the Iraqis was not a matter of deep strategic concern," he said. One veteran said, that the Pentagon "wasn't so horrified by Iraq's use of gas." "It was just another way of killing people _ whether with a bullet or phosgene, it didn't make any difference."

We not only ENABLED we were almost APOLOGETIC for Saddam. We did NOTHING but watch the slaughter occur!!!

Has Iran threatened you personally? Have they threatened to unleash their arsenal upon the US? Where is this memo? Email? Phone conversation transcript? ANYTHING?

Really, a subscription to a newspaper, any newspaper, would make your posts much more intelligent and informed. Does the U.S. Embassy mean anything to you? How about Hezbollah? Does the phrase "wipe Israel off the map" ring a bell?

Rabid has and WILL misquote, mislead, and misrepresent ANY piece of info to paint Israel as the VICTIM in ANY situation. I'm surprised he hasn't called for the US to apologise to ISRAEL for the USS Liberty. Like gosh we are REALLY sorry our ship got in the way of you training mission we will try really hard in the future to make sure you know EXACTELY where each and every one of our ships are at all times. We will also try REALLY hard to make sure the AMERICAN FLAG is larger so you don't confuse us with an Egyptian TRAWLER!!! FUCK YOU RABID and FUCK Israel. (note I did NOT say fuck Jews I said FUCK Israel there IS a difference)!

Israeli Firster. Always has been always will be. Rabbi wouldn't care if EVERY LAST US serviceman died to protect Israel.

What are you? A self-hating America with his head in the sand. An antisemite that will believe anything the promotes your antisemite causes. Keep bring up the USS Liberty you skin-head jizz over that error, although you like to call it an intentional strike, even though there is no one shred of strategic benefit to Israel.

Rather fuck you self-hating coward!

(note I did NOT say fuck Jews I said FUCK Israel there IS a difference)!
:eusa_liar:
Oh PLEASSSSEEEE we know were your type comes from! I hate Israel not those dirty money hunger trying to rule the world Jews! Yep your no antisemite alright! :evil:

What are you? A self-hating America with his head in the sand. An antisemite that will believe anything the promotes your antisemite causes. Keep bring up the USS Liberty you skin-head jizz over that error, although you like to call it an intentional strike, even though there is no one shred of strategic benefit to Israel.

Rather fuck you self-hating coward!

(note I did NOT say fuck Jews I said FUCK Israel there IS a difference)!
:eusa_liar:
Oh PLEASSSSEEEE we know were your type comes from! I hate Israel not those dirty money hunger trying to rule the world Jews! Yep your no antisemite alright! :evil:

Holy Shit it took you nearly 24 HOURS to brake out the "antisemite" card. As I said I have no problem with the Jewish people but Israel is as SELF SERVING as they come and if they have to kill some Americans if they think it's neccesary they won't lose ONE SECOND of sleep over it. People like you and Rabid are MORE than happy to sacrifice OUR SOLDIERS for the sake of Israel which by definition makes you ISRAELI FIRSTERS!

Oh and the Liberty was NOT an "ERROR" you fucking idiot it was cold blooded MURDER!!! If you think the Liberty looks ANYTHING like an Eqyptian trawler then you are just too Gawd Damn bumb to deal with. Look up the FACTS educate yourself about the TRAVISTY before you try to talk about it because you OBVIOUSLY know NOTHING about the SLAUGHTER!!!

'The USS Liberty': America's Most Shameful Secret
by Eric S. Margolis

NEW YORK – On the fourth day of the 1967 Arab Israeli War, the intelligence ship 'USS Liberty' was steaming slowly in international waters, 14 miles off the Sinai Peninsula. Israeli armored forces were racing deep into Sinai in hot pursuit of the retreating Egyptian army.

'Liberty,' a World War II freighter, had been converted into an intelligence vessel by the top-secret US National Security Agency, and packed with the latest signals and electronic interception equipment. The ship bristled with antennas and electronic 'ears' including TRSSCOMM, a system that delivered real-time intercepts to Washington by bouncing a stream of microwaves off the moon.

'Liberty' had been rushed to Sinai to monitor communications of the belligerents in the Third Arab Israeli War: Israel and her foes, Egypt, Syria, and Jordan.

At 0800 hrs, 8 June, 1967, eight Israeli recon flights flew over 'Liberty,' which was flying a large American flag. At 1400 hrs, waves of low-flying Israeli Mystere and Mirage-III fighter-bombers repeatedly attacked the American vessel with rockets, napalm, and cannon. The air attacks lasted 20 minutes, concentrating on the ship's electronic antennas and dishes. The 'Liberty' was left afire, listing sharply. Eight of her crew lay dead, a hundred seriously wounded, including the captain, Commander William McGonagle.

At 1424 hrs, three Israeli torpedo boats attacked, raking the burning 'Liberty' with 20mm and 40mm shells. At 1431hrs an Israeli torpedo hit the 'Liberty' midship, precisely where the signals intelligence systems were located. Twenty-five more Americans died.

Israeli gunboats circled the wounded 'Liberty,' firing at crewmen trying to fight the fires. At 1515, the crew were ordered to abandon ship. The Israeli warships closed and poured machine gun fire into the crowded life rafts, sinking two. As American sailors were being massacred in cold blood, a rescue mission by US Sixth Fleet carrier aircraft was mysteriously aborted on orders from the White House.

An hour after the attack, Israeli warships and planes returned. Commander McGonagle gave the order. 'prepare to repel borders.' But the Israelis, probably fearful of intervention by the US Sixth Fleet, departed. 'Liberty' was left shattered but still defiant, her flag flying.

The Israeli attacks killed 34 US seamen and wounded 171 out of a crew of 297, the worst loss of American naval personnel from hostile action since World War II.

Less than an hour after the attack, Israel told Washington its forces had committed a 'tragic error.' Later, Israel claimed it had mistaken 'Liberty' for an ancient Egyptian horse transport. US Secretary of State, Dean Rusk, and Joint Chiefs of Staff head, Admiral Thomas Moorer, insisted the Israeli attack was deliberate and designed to sink 'Liberty.' So did three CIA reports; one asserted Israel's Defense Minister, Gen. Moshe Dayan, had personally ordered the attack.

In contrast to American outrage over North Korea's assault on the intelligence ship 'Pueblo,' Iraq's mistaken missile strike on the USS 'Stark,' last fall's bombing of the USS 'Cole' in Aden, and the recent US-China air incident, the savaging of 'Liberty' was quickly hushed up by President Lyndon Johnson and Defense Secretary Robert McNamara.

The White House and Congress immediately accepted Israel's explanation and let the matter drop. Israel later paid a token reparation of US $6 million. There were reports two Israeli pilots who had refused to attack 'Liberty' were jailed for 18 years.

Surviving 'Liberty' crew members would not be silenced. They kept demanding an open inquiry and tried to tell their story of deliberate attack to the media. Israel's government worked behind the scenes to thwart these efforts, going so far as having American pro-Israel groups accuse 'Liberty's' survivors of being 'anti-Semites' and 'Israel-haters.' Major TV networks cancelled interviews with the crew. A book about the 'Liberty' by crewman James Ennes' was dropped from distribution. The Israel lobby branded him 'an Arab propagandist.'

The attack on 'Liberty' was fading into obscurity until last week, when intelligence expert James Bamford came out with Body of Secrets, his latest book about the National Security Agency. In a stunning revelation, Bamford writes that unknown to Israel, a US Navy EC-121 intelligence aircraft was flying high overhead the 'Liberty,' electronically recorded the attack. The US aircraft crew provides evidence that the Israeli pilots knew full well that they were attacking a US Navy ship flying the American flag.

Why did Israel try to sink a naval vessel of its benefactor and ally? Most likely because 'Liberty's' intercepts flatly contradicted Israel's claim, made at the war's beginning on 5 June, that Egypt had attacked Israel, and that Israel's massive air assault on three Arab nations was in retaliation. In fact, Israel began the war by a devastating, Pearl-Harbor style surprise attack that caught the Arabs in bed and destroyed their entire air forces.

Israel was also preparing to attack Syria to seize its strategic Golan Heights. Washington warned Israel not to invade Syria, which had remained inactive while Israel fought Egypt. Bamford says Israel's offensive against Syria was abruptly postponed when 'Liberty' appeared off Sinai, then launched once it was knocked out of action. Israel's claim that Syria had attacked it could have been disproved by 'Liberty.'

Most significant, 'Liberty's' intercepts may have shown that Israel seized upon sharply rising Arab-Israeli tensions in May-June 1967 to launch a long-planned war to invade and annex the West Bank, Jerusalem, Golan and Sinai.

Far more shocking was Washington's response. Writes Bamford: 'Despite the overwhelming evidence that Israel attacked the ship and killed American servicemen deliberately, the Johnson Administration and Congress covered up the entire incident.' Why?

Domestic politics. Johnson, a man never noted for high moral values, preferred to cover up the attack rather than anger a key constituency and major financial backer of the Democratic Party. Congress was even less eager to touch this 'third rail' issue.

Commander McGonagle was quietly awarded the Medal of Honor for his and his men's heroism – not in the White House, as is usual, but in an obscure ceremony at the Washington Navy Yard. Crew member's graves were inscribed, 'died in the Eastern Mediterranean..' as if they had be killed by disease, rather than hostile action.

A member of President Johnson's staff believed there was a more complex reason for the cover-up: Johnson offered Jewish liberals unconditional backing of Israel, and a cover-up of the 'Liberty' attack, in exchange for the liberal toning down their strident criticism of his policies in the then raging Vietnam War.

Israel, which claims it fought a war of self defense in 1967 and had no prior territorial ambitions, will be much displeased by Bamford's revelations. Those who believe Israel illegally occupies the West Bank and Golan will be emboldened.

Much more important, the US government's long, disgraceful cover-up of the premeditated attack on 'Liberty' has now burst into the open and demands full-scale investigation. After 34 years, the voices of 'Liberty's' dead and wounded seamen must finally be heard.

These are the FACTS douche bag just EXACTELY where is the a "mistake" here? They ATTACKED the Liberty, they BRUTALLY attacked the Liberty with ZERO provecation and ZERO justification. It was PREMEDITATED MURDER nothing less.

I remember this story and I saw a special on it on one of the stations quite a few years back.

The Isreali pilots were saying they didn't know it was an American ship despite the fact that it was flying a gigantic American Flag The Captain of the LIberty, if I remember correctly, has never said a word about what happened that day. Orders perhaps????? The Isreali's interviewed for this show stated they saw no flag. The crewmen interviewed called them all liars and said the flag was perfectly visible to any and all. They also said that Isreali's tried to board them to lend assistance and the seamen were ready to shot them. Been quite a few years since I saw this but I remember it well. Scary to think our allie would do something like this. Misunderstanding or fact???

According to a New York Times article in August, 2002, Col. Walter P. Lang, a senior defense intelligence officer at the time, explained that D.I.A. and C.I.A. officials "were desperate to make sure that Iraq did not lose" to Iran. "The use of gas on the battlefield by the Iraqis was not a matter of deep strategic concern," he said. One veteran said, that the Pentagon "wasn't so horrified by Iraq's use of gas." "It was just another way of killing people _ whether with a bullet or phosgene, it didn't make any difference."

We not only ENABLED we were almost APOLOGETIC for Saddam. We did NOTHING but watch the slaughter occur!!!

What would you have had the US do? Invade Iraq? You mean like we did when we removed them during the Gulf War or perhaps the most recent one in which we removed Saddam from power completely. Your analogy that the United States somehow is responsible for the actions of "Chemical Ali" and Saddam and the rest of his thugs simply by supply weapons as a means of protection against Iran during the 1980's is comeplte leap of fatih to say the least. While it is true we along with MANY nations supplied components to Iraq that they later used for the construction of Chemical weapons .

The know-how and material for developing chemical weapons were obtained by Saddam's regime from foreign firms.[16] The largest suppliers of precursors for chemical weapons production were in Singapore (4,515 tons), the Netherlands (4,261 tons), Egypt (2,400 tons), India (2,343 tons), and West Germany (1,027 tons). One Indian company, Exomet Plastics (now part of EPC Industrie Ltd.) sent 2,292 tons of precursor chemicals to Iraq. The Kim Al-Khaleej firm, located in Singapore and affiliated to United Arab Emirates, supplied more than 4,500 tons of VX, sarin, and mustard gas precursors and production equipment to Iraq.

Halabja poison gas attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You mention the DIA source to somehow justify the United States not caring about the use of these weapons. I would remind you that the DIA initially blamed the attack on Iran not Iraq . In fact I do recall UN res. 687 and many others after the Gulf war that established no-fly zones over Iraq to protect from Saddam dointg such things against his own people. If were we so willing to stand aside and just let this happen we would not have engaged with his regime throughout the 90's.. Again, our nation has zero responsiblity for the actions of Chemical Ali and Saddam against his own people based on the assumption that our provision of weapons to defend against Iran.

1809937974_969d247ade_o.jpg

That is the USS Stark which I am sure that many young people do not remember, but I can tell you I DO!!!

Forum List

Back