Iran, Egypt, & Nukes

T

TheReturn

If you are to believe the western politicians they are preventing Iran from developing a nuclear bomb. There was once these books at the library called The PM Me Encyclopedia. It graphically illustrates how many modern contraptions work, Apollo 11, the Harrier Jet, and of course the atomic bomb. It has a cut-through drawing of the bomb dropped on Hiroshima + several pages explaining exactly how the device works, these diagrams have also been found on the internet. To a lay-man it seems relatively simple. I would suspect that such a device is impossible for a group like al queda to manufacture-way to complex for them, but I would also think a country like Iran more than has the resources to make one. So what are the chances that Iran-a country that manufactures it’s own helicopters and fighter-planes, a country that has about 200 Israeli nukes pointing at it, does not already have nuclear weapons? Not very high, considering they’ve had the capability to highly-enrich uranium for some time now, and once they’ve got that-it’s probably not such a big deal to get it up to weapons-grade; also Egypt probably also has nukes, they were talking about it on CNN, there was this secret project where the Arab countries got together and each provided different components to develop the bomb, some of the scientists came from Iraq, Libya also provided some assistance and enriched uranium before it canceled it’s own nuclear program with the original raw-materials coming from N. Korea or Pakistan; apparently the last stop on the project was Egypt which now has the bomb..

So anyways, what’s wrong with those countries having nukes? Did we really expect them to just sit there with a gun pointed at their heads? The American position is that it’s going to look the other way on the Israeli thing and then insist no other country be allowed to have nukes-not likely..

a country that has about 200 Israeli nukes pointing at it

Is this a fact? What is your source? No one knows much of anything about the Israeli Nuclear program but the top estimate of possible missles they could have is 200, I doubt even if they have 200, that they are all aimed at Iran. Also, what sources do you have that say their nukes could even hit Iran. What range, what type of missle? Sounds like a lot of assumption to me.

I would hate to see anyone make assumptions about the weapons program of any nation based on the angry response to our intelligence about Iraq's programs.

whatever dude 100, 200 what difference does it make, if even a few of em are used, everyones pretty much fucked

Israel can easily hit Iran with a missile, they have plenty, Iran has the Shahab-3 missile which is designed to carry a nuclear war-head to Israel. just go to the FAS (Federation of American Scientists) website

whatever dude 100, 200 what difference does it make, if even a few of em are used, everyones pretty much fucked

It obviously makes a big difference, I hate double standards, if our intelligence on Iraq was wrong then our intelligence in Israel could be wrong. They may have NO nuclear weapons and only refuse to acknowledge the fact that they don't to deter nations from attacking them. Why is Israel different than Iraq, as far as liberal standards go? If you were intellectually honest...you would be asking yourself that same question. There is about the same amount of proof that Israel has nukes that there was that Saddam had WMD's, except the fact that Israel never used a nuke and Saddam used WMD's, so we KNOW that at some point Saddam did have WMD's.

Also, Iran is known to sponsor terrorist cells operating in Israel, I bet the left would LOVE for Iran to give some nuclear material to a terrorist cell so they could detonate a dirty bomb in an Israeli city.Michael Moore could even make another movie, all about how evil Israel deserved it and how our policies (read republican) contributed to it. That's why Iran shouldn't be allowed to have a nuclear program, if they even do, they are irresponsible and unpredictable. Israel attacks in self-defense and as far as I know, have never even threatened nuclear attack. Iran on the other hand keeps hinting at it's program, it's pretty clear that it wants everyone to know it has a nuclear program.

"oh, oh...look at us, we have a BIG BOMB...we will kill you all"

Your point of drawing Israel into it needs a LOT more fact behind it. Unless, dems are ready to concede that worldwide intelligence on Iraqi WMD were accurate and behind their hatred for Bush they are actually wondering who the hell now has Saddams WMDs, how many they have, what kind they have and why they have them.

Originally posted by TheReturn
If you are to believe the western politicians they are preventing Iran from developing a nuclear bomb. There was once these books at the library called The PM Me Encyclopedia. It graphically illustrates how many modern contraptions work, Apollo 11, the Harrier Jet, and of course the atomic bomb. It has a cut-through drawing of the bomb dropped on Hiroshima + several pages explaining exactly how the device works, these diagrams have also been found on the internet. To a lay-man it seems relatively simple. I would suspect that such a device is impossible for a group like al queda to manufacture-way to complex for them, but I would also think a country like Iran more than has the resources to make one. So what are the chances that Iran-a country that manufactures it’s own helicopters and fighter-planes, a country that has about 200 Israeli nukes pointing at it, does not already have nuclear weapons? Not very high, considering they’ve had the capability to highly-enrich uranium for some time now, and once they’ve got that-it’s probably not such a big deal to get it up to weapons-grade; also Egypt probably also has nukes, they were talking about it on CNN, there was this secret project where the Arab countries got together and each provided different components to develop the bomb, some of the scientists came from Iraq, Libya also provided some assistance and enriched uranium before it canceled it’s own nuclear program with the original raw-materials coming from N. Korea or Pakistan; apparently the last stop on the project was Egypt which now has the bomb..

So anyways, what’s wrong with those countries having nukes? Did we really expect them to just sit there with a gun pointed at their heads? The American position is that it’s going to look the other way on the Israeli thing and then insist no other country be allowed to have nukes-not likely..

Just woke up and need to tell us all some good news huh?

Originally posted by TheReturn
So anyways, what’s wrong with those countries having nukes?

So do you think proliferation of nukes is a good thing? Everybody should have them?

Why would Iran even need nuclear power with the vast amount of oil they are sitting on?

Fellas this person was banned yesterday under the nic Sonia and will be banned sooner or later today so why waste the keystrokes.

Forum List

Back