Iran can build a nuke

They'll get nukes and then discover, as we have, that they are basically worthless except as a "If you attack us we'll destroy the whole world" threat.

I don't want nukes to proliferate throughout the world, but I see very little chance that they won't.
and just how does that work against someone that is suicidal?

They'll get nukes and then discover, as we have, that they are basically worthless except as a "If you attack us we'll destroy the whole world" threat.

I don't want nukes to proliferate throughout the world, but I see very little chance that they won't.

Your comments are most likely dead on for rational people and governments. But, I too have to ask, what about those who are not rational?

Bin Laden said we were a "paper tiger, bloody their nose and they will run away"
hard to believe he was so right about a large segment of our population

So in that statement, we listen to him.

But when he said he attacked us because we've been meddling in their lands for decades, that was bullshit. What he REALLY meant was he attacked us because we're "free". :rolleyes:

Let's also not forget that he said his intention was to bankrupt us by provoking us into wars we couldn't afford. He knew full well we'd never cut social spending to pay for a trillion dollars of war, he's not stupid. So, he seems to have gotten what he wanted because in case anyone hasn't noticed, we're hurting just a teeny bit, financially.

So in that statement, we listen to him.

But when he said he attacked us because we've been meddling in their lands for decades, that was bullshit. What he REALLY meant was he attacked us because we're "free". :rolleyes:

Let's also not forget that he said his intention was to bankrupt us by provoking us into wars we couldn't afford. He knew full well we'd never cut social spending to pay for a trillion dollars of war, he's not stupid. So, he seems to have gotten what he wanted because in case anyone hasn't noticed, we're hurting just a teeny bit, financially.
are you that insane that you cant seperate the reasons he gave vs the other things he said ?
because he also listed a lot of other reasons, you willing to take those into account too?

are you that insane that you cant seperate the reasons he gave vs the other things he said ?
because he also listed a lot of other reasons, you willing to take those into account too?

How many different reasons can you give that don't even relate to each other?

The CIA and the 9/11 commission both concluded that our intervention has caused animosity amongst extremists that have attacked us.

What I did, was pick the most plausible reason, based on what our own intelligence unit has concluded, coupled with what Bin Laden said himself.

It makes a hell of a lot more sense then "they attacked us because we're free".

I'm not sure what insanity has to do with it. Insanity is believing they had no other motivation than our freedom. Insanity is also believing that we can shove guns down their throats to make them accept our Dollar, and it will have absolutely no negative consequences at all.

You'd be fucking pissed TOO, if someone was blowing up your neighborhood. It would only be so long before you finally decided you couldn't take anymore and plotted revenge.

How many different reasons can you give that don't even relate to each other?

The CIA and the 9/11 commission both concluded that our intervention has caused animosity amongst extremists that have attacked us.

What I did, was pick the most plausible reason, based on what our own intelligence unit has concluded, coupled with what Bin Laden said himself.

It makes a hell of a lot more sense then "they attacked us because we're free".

I'm not sure what insanity has to do with it. Insanity is believing they had no other motivation than our freedom. Insanity is also believing that we can shove guns down their throats to make them accept our Dollar, and it will have absolutely no negative consequences at all.

You'd be fucking pissed TOO, if someone was blowing up your neighborhood. It would only be so long before you finally decided you couldn't take anymore and plotted revenge.
yeah, cause we just randomly blow places up
:rolleyes:

Too much logic and common sense in his post not to agree.

I got money that says even if we are attacked by NBC weapons, we no longer have the national nor political will to retaliate in kind. We've turned into a Nation of pussies and those pussies will make every relativist argument and convoluted rationalization "why not." That's not to mention the warped morons that will say we deserved it.

I'm not sure about that, if WE were hit by NBC, however allies? I can see us appeasing, moreso now than under Bush, Clinton, Bush.

Strawman.

I never inferred randomness.
wrong, you did imply randomness
you implied that the places we bomb was for no reason that people wouldnt be able to decern who the target was

thats why during the liberation of Iraq, the population of Baghdad was pretty much business as usual because they KNEW we didnt target civilians and they were relatively safe in known civilian areas

wrong, you did imply randomness
you implied that the places we bomb was for no reason that people wouldnt be able to decern who the target was

thats why during the liberation of Iraq, the population of Baghdad was pretty much business as usual because they KNEW we didnt target civilians and they were relatively safe in known civilian areas

All I said was you'd be pissed if someone was blowing up your neighborhood.

We've blown up a few neighborhoods in our time, DC. Nowhere in what I said did it imply randomness.

Someone's neighborhood being blown up doesn't have to be random to cause animosity.

And not that I really care to segue into the liberation, but what TV news station were you watching on the eve of shock and awe? The city of Baghdad was a ghost town.

We've blown up a few neighborhoods in our time, DC. Nowhere in what I said did it imply randomness.

Someone's neighborhood being blown up doesn't have to be random to cause animosity.

And not that I really care to segue into the liberation, but what TV news station were you watching on the eve of shock and awe? The city of Baghdad was a ghost town.
not during the initial phase
when we rolled into it, yeah

You're arguing with an agenda driven kook. Do you have any idea how pointless that is?

Forum List

Back