Iran bans paper for 'I am Charlie' headline

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Is anyone here really surprised that Iran has banned the newspaper?

Iran bans paper for 'I am Charlie' headline
January 18, 2015
SHARE :
iran-bans-paper-for-i-am-charlie-headline-1421528481-6779.jpg

TEHRAN - Iran has banned a reformist newspaper for publishing on its front page the headline ‘I am Charlie’, state news agency IRNA reported Saturday.Mardom-e Emrouz published the slogan next to a picture of Hollywood star George Clooney who had said it at the weekend's Golden Globes. The words have come to symbolise the fight for freedom of expression after a January 7 deadly attack on the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris.
‘The court in charge of cultural affairs and the media imposed the ban on the newspaper for publishing a headline and a picture which it deemed insulting,’ Mardom-e Emrouz director Ahmad Sattari told IRNA. Its chief editor Mohammad Ghouchani also said the paper was banned ‘for having published something linked to Charlie Hebdo,’ according to the news website nasimonline.ir.

Continue reading at:

http://nation.com.pk/international/18-Jan-2015/iran-bans-paper-for-i-am-charlie-

Apparently Muslim countries don't like to see freedom of expressiion.. Meanwhile, since this thread is about Iran, the leaders of Iran seem to think that cartoons are worse than hanging gays or murdering young Bahai women protestors who were thrown into the prisons. At least the Christian pastors they have thrown into prisons aren't dead yet, but who knows what will eventually happen to them.

Many young Iranians would love to emigrate to the U.S. and other |Western countries and seem to forget that they themselves have no freedom of expression in Iran, and yet they too are protesting. Better that the West just tells them to stay where they are instead of giving them visas to live in their respective countries.

Iran students plan demo at French embassy over cartoon - The West Australian

Apparently Muslim countries don't like to see freedom of expressiion.. Meanwhile, since this thread is about Iran, the leaders of Iran seem to think that cartoons are worse than hanging gays or murdering young Bahai women protestors who were thrown into the prisons. At least the Christian pastors they have thrown into prisons aren't dead yet, but who knows what will eventually happen to them.

Many young Iranians would love to emigrate to the U.S. and other |Western countries and seem to forget that they themselves have no freedom of expression in Iran, and yet they too are protesting. Better that the West just tells them to stay where they are instead of giving them visas to live in their respective countries.

Turkey is a secular country, Iran not. So, the news of the ban in Iran is nothing unpredictable.

Turkey is a secular country, Iran not. So, the news of the ban in Iran is nothing unpredictable.

I think you better check with those Christians from Turkey now living in Germany whether they think that Turkey is a secular country anymore. They get word back from their relatives still living in Turkey about what is happening, the same way as the relatives of Christians in Turkey find out what is happening wherever they might reside now. By the way, now you are championing Turkey, especially when the leaders in Turkey want your idol overthrown?

I think you better check with those Christians from Turkey now living in Germany whether they think that Turkey is a secular country anymore. They get word back from their relatives still living in Turkey about what is happening, the same way as the relatives of Christians in Turkey find out what is happening wherever they might reside now. By the way, now you are championing Turkey, especially when the leaders in Turkey want your idol overthrown?
How do I championing Turkey by mentioning that it banned the Hebdo cover despite its official secularity?
Sometimes, your brain seems to suffer dropouts. You should visit a doctor.

How do I championing Turkey by mentioning that it banned the Hebdo cover despite its official secularity?

Not only do I think it is you who needs to go into therapy, but I also think it would be advisable to go to a sleep clinic to find out why you can't go to sleep at a normal hour but find posting on a forum more important to make sure you are right there to respond to anything derogatory said about your idol.. As far as Turkey being a secular country, it appears that it is secular in name only. This article is not that old, but since then it has gotten worse for those who are non Muslims.

Meanwhile, if your hero Assad happened to be overthrown tomorrow, the Turkish leaders would be laughing their heads off regardless if you feel they are secular or not.

BBC News - Is Turkey s secular system in danger

Not only do I think it is you who needs to go into therapy, but I also think it would be advisable to go to a sleep clinic to find out why you can't go to sleep at a normal hour but find posting on a forum more important to make sure you are right there to respond to anything derogatory said about your idol.. As far as Turkey being a secular country, it appears that it is secular in name only. This article is not that old, but since then it has gotten worse for those who are non Muslims.

Meanwhile, if your hero Assad happened to be overthrown tomorrow, the Turkish leaders would be laughing their heads off regardless if you feel they are secular or not.

Now, you bogus propaganda drone full of shit try to suggest that I would defend Turkey. Not enough that it is apparent to every clear thinking person that such a ban despite secularity is worth to mention, in addition, since your ex-idol Davutoğlu insulted you god Netanyahu, you seem to have applied a new anti-Turkish course.

Now, you bogus propaganda drone full of shit try to suggest that I would defend Turkey. Not enough that it is apparent to every clear thinking person that such a ban despite secularity is worth to mention, in addition, since your ex-idol Davutoğlu insulted you god Netanyahu, you seem to have applied a new anti-Turkish course.

Hmm, wonder why the Little Man had to drag in Turkey in the first place when protests and bans are going on throughout the Muslim world? Could it be that Turkey is on his mind since the leaders are anxious to get rid of his idol? By the way, is "shit" your most favorite word in the whole wide world? It seems to be that way.

Growing anger across Muslim world over Charlie Hebdo magazine cover Daily Mail Online-

Forum List

Back