Iran attacked Israeli bases in the Golan Heights

full scale war between Israel and Iran.

Given that they don't have a common border and neither Iraq nor Turkey would let Iran cross their borders in force, it would hve to be an air or missile war ... advantage, Israel.

It was the first direct attack of Iran against Israel. The question is if it was the last one and if this eventually will escalate into a full scale war between Israel and Iran.

Iran with no allies will be quickly beaten by Israel . Yesterday Netanyahu was in Moscow and met with Putin. I think that the Kremlin is also irritating, the growing influence of Iran in Syria. Russia and Israel will be able to agree on the future of Syria with Assad, the Russian military base and without Iran. Iran has large reserves of gas and oil, and Russia won't mind to the ban on Iranian gas and oil. It's been long rumored that Russia and Iran have problems and often don't see eye to eye and have different view on the future of Syria.

It was the first direct attack of Iran against Israel. The question is if it was the last one and if this eventually will escalate into a full scale war between Israel and Iran.

Iran with no allies will be quickly beaten by Israel . Yesterday Netanyahu was in Moscow and met with Putin. I think that the Kremlin is also irritating, the growing influence of Iran in Syria. Russia and Israel will be able to agree on the future of Syria with Assad, the Russian military base and without Iran. Iran has large reserves of gas and oil, and Russia won't mind to the ban on Iranian gas and oil. It's been long rumored that Russia and Iran have problems and often don't see eye to eye and have different view on the future of Syria.
Iran has allies: Syria, Hezbollah, Hamas, Iraq.
Russia also actively cooperates with Iran. I suppose that for Russia this cooperation is much more important than relation with Israel.

Iran has allies: Syria, Hezbollah, Hamas, Iraq.
These are not significant allies.

Russia also actively cooperates with Iran. I suppose that for Russia this cooperation is much more important than relation with Israel.

In general Russia doesn't care about the Iran-Israel conflict, Russia has interests in Syria and if Iran is kept out of Syria, Russian influence would increase. I think that in this case Russia can persuade Assad to reach a peace agreement with Israel, in return Israel gives a guarantee to Assad regime and the Russian assets in Syria. Russia needs Iran only in order to defeat the rebels in Syria, using the infantry of Iran. And the closer Syria will be to this goal, the greater will be the desire for Russia to get rid of Iran in Syria.

Forum List

Back