Iran and El-Baradei, I'm Feeling A Learning Disabilty Here

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Can someone tell me what this is asking of the United States of America?

http://www.rferl.org/featuresarticle/2006/01/B95D42EB-D481-4E5E-9429-0AB117AC2EEF.html

El-Baradei Calls On U.S. To Give Iran Nuclear Reactors

IAEA -- el-Baradei, Muhammad
IAEA head el-Baradei said Iran must convince the world it has peaceful nuclear ambitions (file photo)
(CTK)
27 January 2006 -- Mohamed El-Baradei, the head of the UN's International Atomic Energy Agency, today called on the United States to provide Iran with nuclear reactors.

Speaking at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, he also urged Iran to declare a moratorium on enriching uranium for several years.

El-Baradei said eight or nine years would be sufficient for Iran to convince the international community that it was not interested in producing nuclear weapons and needed the technology only for civilian purposes.

Meanwhile, Iran said today that Moscow's plan to enrich Iran's uranium -- a deal supported by the UN, China, and the United States -- isn't good enough.

Iran's top nuclear negotiator, Ali Larijani, says further discussions on Moscow's proposal are planned.

Moscow's plan is meant to allay fears that Iran could divert some enriched uranium for making nuclear weapons.

(AP)

So, not only are we not allowed to prevent the weapons of our own demise, but we're supposed to just give them to the people who would use them against us...riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Hobbit said:
So, not only are we not allowed to prevent the weapons of our own demise, but we're supposed to just give them to the people who would use them against us...riiiiiiiiiiiiight.
That's how I read it, I'm sure we're both wrong. yep. Not.

Forum List

Back