Iran and Diplomacy - sound familiar?

HGROKIT

May 22, 2004
Federal Way WA, USA
So...here we go again down another tried and true diplomatic and definitely Europeanesque road.

By GEORGE JAHN, Associated Press Writer

VIENNA, Austria - Diplomats said they were near agreement on a toughly worded draft resolution to censure Iran rather than punish it for its lack of cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...p/20040615/ap_on_re_mi_ea/nuclear_agency_iran

Let's see, maybe if we only censure them they will behave. Heaven forbid we should punish. We certainly learned by our dealings with Saddam that touchy feely diplomacy will bring about change.

These ilk are all cut from the same cloth. They only understand people that come from a position of strength, not weakness. This will go on and on, just like Iraq until the international community developes the cajones to take a FIRM stand against this B.S.

I suspect that once the new government of Iraq is up and running, this will be revisited more thoroughly by the UN - we've got our plate full right now, Britain does too.

I would have been completely taken by surprise to see France and Germany taking appropriate measures against Iran thumbing the nose at nuclear treaties.

This will have to wait until we're ready to deal with it. As usual.

Originally posted by NightTrain
I suspect that once the new government of Iraq is up and running, this will be revisited more thoroughly by the UN - we've got our plate full right now, Britain does too.

I would have been completely taken by surprise to see France and Germany taking appropriate measures against Iran thumbing the nose at nuclear treaties.

This will have to wait until we're ready to deal with it. As usual.

And it was "toughly worded"

Forum List

Back