IQ Tests - Imbeciles: Between Idiots & Morons. Moderately Mentally Retarded Get Cred

JBvM

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2018
... ... ...
Wikipedia entry:

[ The term imbecile was once used by psychiatrists to denote a category of people with moderate to severe intellectual disability, as well as a type of criminal.[1][2] The word arises from the Latin word imbecillus, meaning weak, or weak-minded.

It included people with an IQ of 26–50, between "idiot" (IQ of 0–25) and "moron" (IQ of 51–70).[3] In the obsolete medical classification (ICD-9, 1977), these people were said to have "moderate mental retardation" or "moderate mental subnormality" with IQ of 35–49. ]

There is a reason I usually refer to people as imbeciles. Although some think of it as a generalization, it is not. It is actually a more accurately useful and descriptive label. How many people at usmb knew morons scored higher than idiots?

Wikipedia entry:

[ The term imbecile was once used by psychiatrists to denote a category of people with moderate to severe intellectual disability, as well as a type of criminal.[1][2] The word arises from the Latin word imbecillus, meaning weak, or weak-minded.

It included people with an IQ of 26–50, between "idiot" (IQ of 0–25) and "moron" (IQ of 51–70).[3] In the obsolete medical classification (ICD-9, 1977), these people were said to have "moderate mental retardation" or "moderate mental subnormality" with IQ of 35–49. ]

There is a reason I usually refer to people as imbeciles. Although some think of it as a generalization, it is not. It is actually a more accurately useful and descriptive label. How many people at usmb knew morons scored higher than idiots?

Cleared that one up for me.. LOL... All 3 of those are interchangeable for folks who have no self-awareness of their IQ deficiency number tho.. :badgrin:

I prefer lunatic over all. Because IQ deficiency is not sufficiently trollable -- it's too unfortunate and benign for most.. But LUNATIC adds that element of danger to it.. :113:

Spice up your vocabulary with old English insults.

5876987498.png

Keep in mind, stupid is different from crazy.

Leftists are not stupid; they are deranged.

Or maybe evil.

I can't think of any other explanation.

Forum List

Back