IQ and Religiosity

The truly odd thing is that people actually think you can "learn" IQ ... LOL ... no, schooling has little effect on IQ but a high IQ can help once out of school. IQ isn't knowledge, it's knowing how to use knowledge once you have it.

IQ also concerns the ability to learn and develop new solutions to problems given.

You're confusing IQ with wisdom

:lol:

Your evidence? I have cited evidence to the contrary from multiple studies across this board. You cannot refute that with merely your wishful thinking.

because they are not blindly following what someone else offer

You have that backwards, KK ;)

You reach your won conclusions by ignoring the evidence because you are a fool.

:eusa_eh: Your IQ is pretty low isn't it? ... maybe 150 at most, average I know, but very low IMO.

5 standard deviations above the IQ mean of 100 is an average IQ?

Genius IQ is generally considered to begin around 140 to 145, representing ~.25% of the population (1 in 400). Here's a rough guide:
  • 115-124 - Above average (e.g., university students)
  • 125-134 - Gifted (e.g., post-graduate students)
  • 135-144 - Highly gifted (e.g., intellectuals)
  • 145-154 - Genius (e.g., professors)
  • 155-164 - Genius (e.g., Nobel Prize winners)
  • 165-179 - High genius
  • 180-200 - Highest genius
  • >200 - "Unmeasurable genius"

source

People who believe in religion are most often the least intelligent ones, especially if you believe that your god is an alien from an invisible planet, like, how fucking stupid are you to believe that shit?

At least as interesting is the obvious NORTH SOUTH difference in IQ and religiosity outcomes, too.

The correlation isn't quite so pronounced but it's fairly obvious, isn't it?

I'd love to see this done as an median IQ to median latitude graph.

If you break it apart by region, the correlation might disappear.

The Latitude case does seem to suggest it. I woulder If we were to measured IQ by evironmental extremities would we see a stronger correlation?

People who believe in religion are most often the least intelligent ones, especially if you believe that your god is an alien from an invisible planet, like, how fucking stupid are you to believe that shit?

People need fantasy. I am sure you have some fantasies too that don't bear examination. A fantasy that some how makes you a better person is a positive.

And religious fantasy is pretty much a psychological rescue. There is this huge cosmos, and your point in it is.....What? Well, religion says Gd put you here for a reason, and you are part of his plan. It gives validation. Wow, I am important to the lord of all creation.

The other really useful good part of religion is that it takes ego out of the center of the person and puts <thunder and lightening effect> THE PLAN OF GOD </thunder and lightening effect> at the center of your life. Anyone who is full of himself is full of shit. Making it so a person has more than just self satisfaction as his measure of what is all, is a better person.

Is Western religion kind of dumb? There are worse ones. Islam for a very good example.
Even Islam is a great deal better than the replacements of religion we have had to deal with in the 20th century like Faciasim and Communism. There have been awful religions, but the "anti religion religions" of the 20th century were a whole lot worse, both in destructiveness, and what they did to the soul (for the lack of a better word) of those who had to live under them.

So, While silly and goofy, I think religion is better than the alternative.

Yes, edit. She thinks my IQ was lower than originally thought. Once believing me to be an immeasurable genius, she has decided that I am now merely a regular genius.

Notice that she has no refutation for the evidence cited here and in the other thread. She did not read the X axis and she made a fool of herself as a result, and she failed to read the questions asked of the participants.

What I'd learned in 6th grade in Montana, my ex wife learned in 11th in Tennessee.

That means that your wife was learning long division in 11th grade, or you were learning pre-calculus in 6th grade.

It was her science classes that were so far behind.

But........she didn't really learn much about division until High School.

The bitch is STILL stupid as fuck.

Ok, she must have been very very very very hot though.
sign.gif

IQ also concerns the ability to learn and develop new solutions to problems given.

You're confusing IQ with wisdom

Your evidence? I have cited evidence to the contrary from multiple studies across this board. You cannot refute that with merely your wishful thinking.

You have that backwards, KK ;)

You reach your won conclusions by ignoring the evidence because you are a fool.

5 standard deviations above the IQ mean of 100 is an average IQ?

Genius IQ is generally considered to begin around 140 to 145, representing ~.25% of the population (1 in 400). Here's a rough guide:
  • 115-124 - Above average (e.g., university students)
  • 125-134 - Gifted (e.g., post-graduate students)
  • 135-144 - Highly gifted (e.g., intellectuals)
  • 145-154 - Genius (e.g., professors)
  • 155-164 - Genius (e.g., Nobel Prize winners)
  • 165-179 - High genius
  • 180-200 - Highest genius
  • >200 - "Unmeasurable genius"

source

I give people the benefit of the doubt at first. Most people I know, even some idiots, score 150 ... it's not suppose to be the average, but it seems like it. I don't think the scale has been adjusted well, of course I took it as a child and another paper said that younger kids tend to score higher than adults ... but meh, I still think it needs a bit of a rework.

Ok, she must have been very very very very hot though.
sign.gif

I hate to admit it, but I've kinda got a thing for curvy redheads with green eyes, which is how she suckered me into taking her outta Murfreesboro TN.

Since then? Haven't been suckered in by a chick in a LONG time, no matter how hot she looks. I tend now (probably because I'm older), to look for things like humor, intellect, and attitude before I look at appearance.

But yeah......she was kinda hot.

Forum List

Back