iPods for All!

C-101

Old School Conservative
Apr 10, 2009
N. Korea
Polk school district to give iPods to some parents - Bay News 9

POLK COUNTY (Bay News 9) -- The Polk County school district is giving away iPods to some parents.

The school district is using the device to reward parents of children with disabilities who fill out a 10-minute online survey. The district wants to know how well it's connecting with the parents and how to get parents involved in their children's education.

The district is spending about $350,000 in federal stimulus money for the iPods.

The district has more than 10,000 students with disabilities.

:clap2:

Just when I thought giving money to phantom districts was the worst, this takes the cake.

POLK COUNTY (Bay News 9) -- The Polk County school district is giving away iPods to some parents.

The school district is using the device to reward parents of children with disabilities who fill out a 10-minute online survey. The district wants to know how well it's connecting with the parents and how to get parents involved in their children's education.

The district is spending about $350,000 in federal stimulus money for the iPods.

Just when I thought giving money to phantom districts was the worst, this takes the cake.

DAMN!

I wish that I lived in Polk County and had a child with disability!

DAMN!

This would be hilarious it it wasn't our money, but my God, can you get any more specific in handing out $350,000?

DAMN!

This would be hilarious it it wasn't our money, but my God, can you get any more specific in handing out $350,000?
The bigger question is: WHERE ARE THEY GETTING iPODs FOR $35???

Ipods can be an effective teaching tool if the teachers have been properly trained. But I'd be curious to know if the kids are allowed to take them home, in which case they will most likely be used for other purposes. My guess is the district just flushed that money away. No problem - the govt can just print more.

DAMN!

Our money? Would that be the money they print at will from the magical printing press . . .. or would that be the money borrowed from China?

This is fucking bullshit. Why isn't uncle taking that money back? Didn't they say they were going to saves billions by cutting waste/fraud in medicaid/medicare? What about this waste? What job is this saving or creating? Fuck them, fuck them, fuck them.

DAMN!

Our money? Would that be the money they print at will from the magical printing press . . .. or would that be the money borrowed from China?

This is fucking bullshit. Why isn't uncle taking that money back? Didn't they say they were going to saves billions by cutting waste/fraud in medicaid/medicare? What about this waste? What job is this saving or creating? Fuck them, fuck them, fuck them.
True, but I was referring to the money the government takes from us through taxes.

Did I read this right? Are they bribing the parents with iPods so they'll become more involved in their disabled children's education? WTH?

True, but I was referring to the money the government takes from us through taxes.

I know you were. They ran out of that money and had to resort to plans b and c.

DAMN!

They obviously don't delete their spam....

Of course they haven't been delivered yet.... Hmmmmm.....

There should be some kind of law against this kind of waste.

DAMN!

I just got a wally world sale flier last evening and they had ipods for $49. or maybe $39 I forget and threw the paper away.

iPods are toys of the devil!

Were the people who made these decisions elected?

Update: Must have gotten a lot of flack on this.

A Florida school district has canceled its plans to spend $350,000 in taxpayer money to buy thousands of iPods for parents of special-needs students after it was erroneously reported that federal stimulus funds were covering the costs.

FOXNews.com - School District Cancels Offer of Taxpayer-Funded iPods for Parents

And it turns out they weren't even for the kids. They were for the PARENTS! The USMB clan was right again!

DAMN!

I can see how someone of your caliber would cheat fellow Americans out of their hard earned money.

Then to wish your child had a disability shows what a scumbag you really are.

Good going, in one sentence you win the piece of shit scumbag hat. Wear it proudly.

scumbag_hat_gold.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back