iPhone users have more sex partners

topspin

Rookie
Apr 29, 2010
iPhone users have more sex partners - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Tech
iPhone users have more sex partners
Posted by Philip Elmer-DeWitt
August 11, 2010 6:57 AM

BlackBerry not so many, and Android even fewer, according to online dating service

File this under a phenomenon looking for an explanation.

According to data collected by the online dating service OKCupid, people who carry Apple (AAPL) iPhones have more sex partners by age 30 than owners of Research in Motion (RIMM) BlackBerries or Google (GOOG) Android phones.

Women with iPhones had the most partners of all -- an average of 12.3 by age 30, compared with 10 partners for iPhone-wielding men. Men with Android phones have the fewest sex partners -- 6 by age 30.

The findings come from an OKTrends report issued Tuesday whose main focus is what kinds of photographs are most likely to get you a date (answer: shallow depth of field shot without flash in late afternoon with a digital SLR). The sex-partner portion is presumably based on answers given by OKCupid users when they sign up.

The dating service has 3.5 million active members, but only 9,785 used smartphones to shoot their profiles. According to OKTrend's Christian Rudder, that's enough to show that the smartphone-brand-sex-partner pattern is not just a matter of older, more experienced people choosing one phone over another. Rudder explains:

"We found this data as part of our general camera-efficacy analysis: we crossed all kinds of user behaviors with the camera models and found we had data on the number of sexual partners for 9,785 people with smart phones. We dropped what we found into Excel, and voila."

Below: the plot by age.

Source: OKCupid

[Follow Philip Elmer-DeWitt on Twitter @philiped]

I wonder if this means that the next pick up line you hear will be:

'hey, baby, come on over and let me show you my apps...'

:lol:

Its probably due to the fact that iphone users are typically younger. Also add the fact that iphone has a large share of the "annoying hipster douchebag" market, and that demographic tends to be more promiscuous (and annoying)

• Banned
LOL I thought the numbers were kinda low.
I was a bartender in the 80's promiscuous was the goal.

Forum List

Back