IPCC Lies About Rainforest

eagleseven

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Jul 8, 2009
OH
Times: UN climate panel shamed by bogus rainforest claim

A STARTLING report by the United Nations climate watchdog that global warming might wipe out 40% of the Amazon rainforest was based on an unsubstantiated claim by green campaigners who had little scientific expertise.

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) said in its 2007 benchmark report that even a slight change in rainfall could see swathes of the rainforest rapidly replaced by savanna grassland.

The source for its claim was a report from WWF, an environmental pressure group, which was authored by two green activists. They had based their “research” on a study published in Nature, the science journal, which did not assess rainfall but in fact looked at the impact on the forest of human activity such as logging and burning. This weekend WWF said it was launching an internal inquiry into the study.

This is the third time in as many weeks that serious doubts have been raised over the IPCC’s conclusions on climate change. Two weeks ago, after reports in The Sunday Times, it was forced to retract a warning that climate change was likely to melt the Himalayan glaciers by 2035. That warning was also based on claims in a WWF report.

First the IPCC chairman is caught lying about glaciers, and now their claims regarding the rainforest were pure bunk.

Last edited:
You realize that facts don't matter, that the science is settled, that all this was supposedly peer reviewed by real live experts who smoke pipes, wear white coats and are serious scientists.

It looks as if when you go line by line on these guy's assertions, the less credibility they have.

Now the unfortunate truth is, rain forest destruction is happening because people who live on the margins and practice marginal farming techniques (IE Slash and burn) really are terrible for rain forests. As are pastoralists. But marginal and pastoral folks are refered to as "sustainable" whereas getting more food from the same small plot is is not.

You realize that facts don't matter, that the science is settled, that all this was supposedly peer reviewed by real live experts who smoke pipes, wear white coats and are serious scientists.

It looks as if when you go line by line on these guy's assertions, the less credibility they have.

Now the unfortunate truth is, rain forest destruction is happening because people who live on the margins and practice marginal farming techniques (IE Slash and burn) really are terrible for rain forests. As are pastoralists. But marginal and pastoral folks are refered to as "sustainable" whereas getting more food from the same small plot is is not.
They are "natives" and we must preserve their "way of life", don't you see?

:cuckoo:

This is becoming a joke. A bad joke that won't end.

It is like having to listen to a continuous loop of 9,999,999 bottles of beer on the wall by a bunch of drunks actually drinking every bottle. It is that kind of bad joke.

If you want to tax your brain a little read through these committee meetings of CODEX. Trace the names of the execs and committee members and their current and past associations/associates and then you might see where this is all going. After that start checking big pharmacy and current health problems associated with the food products people have been told is better for them verses natural foods.

http://www.codexalimentarius.net/web/archives.jsp?lang=en

I love people who do not of degrees in science or anything close, questioning people who actually do.

I love people who do not of degrees in science or anything close, questioning people who actually do.
You are truly ignorant and blind even when it is presented before you by the experts that have been in the field longer than you have been on this earth. Feed that baby milk and don't worry about what is in it, feed him whatever you like because this fraudsters tell you it is good for him. That is your prerogative but you have no right whatsoever to tell another that they have to accept this shit you help push for their children.

You are truly ignorant and blind even when it is presented before you by the experts that have been in the field longer than you have been on this earth. Feed that baby milk and don't worry about what is in it, feed him whatever you like because this fraudsters tell you it is good for him. That is your prerogative but you have no right whatsoever to tell another that they have to accept this shit you help push for their children.

What are you even talking about? You make no sense at all and you call me ignorant. :lol:

Do you really think that we have no effect on our envirnment? and that deforestation has no effect on our envirnment?
And also you have no idea how I feel about global warming, I just stated I think it is funny that people, meaning the people in this thread or the other threads like this one have no right when they do not have a degree to question a scientist. There is a reason why scientist's are PEER reviewed.

I happen to be a microbiologist, and would be fired if I tried to pull what the IPCC did. My field has standards.

What are you even talking about? You make no sense at all and you call me ignorant. :lol:

Do you really think that we have no effect on our envirnment? and that deforestation has no effect on our envirnment?
And also you have no idea how I feel about global warming, I just stated I think it is funny that people, meaning the people in this thread or the other threads like this one have no right when they do not have a degree to question a scientist. There is a reason why scientist's are PEER reviewed.
Those same people selling you global warming and tainted food products ditz are the ones that are doing the most damage to the rain forest. Again you are to ignorant and blind to look at the whole picture. BTW, when you get to my age deary you will have possibly met the movers and shakers and even a few real scientist who actually give a damn about everyone regardless of the money. That is not the case with the global warming frauds. They are exactly that "Frauds" destroying the world, cultures and the population of the world for good slaves like you can live what you perceive to be the good life, work for one of them pay your taxes later and then pay for the medical care that they will give you after they have poisoned you. Also in case you are not aware breast cancer is gaining at a rapid pace killing women throughout that have eaten their scientifically approved and altered food. You may consider educating yourself instead of being so gullible.

Corporate Watch : Monsanto : Corporate Crimes

And there is YOUR problem, in the two cases cited SCIENTISTS had NOTHING to do with the reports. Go back and read THIS thread and the other and point out how scientific review occurred and how Scientists actually studied the material and came to a conclusion. EPIC FAIL.

There is a reason Old Rocks does not appear in either of these threads. He hasn't a leg to stand on.

Those same people selling you global warming and tainted food products ditz are the ones that are doing the most damage to the rain forest. Again you are to ignorant and blind to look at the whole picture. BTW, when you get to my age deary you will have possibly met the movers and shakers and even a few real scientist who actually give a damn about everyone regardless of the money. That is not the case with the global warming frauds. They are exactly that "Frauds" destroying the world, cultures and the population of the world for good slaves like you can live what you perceive to be the good life, work for one of them pay your taxes later and then pay for the medical care that they will give you after they have poisoned you. Also in case you are not aware breast cancer is gaining at a rapid pace killing women throughout that have eaten their scientifically approved and altered food. You may consider educating yourself instead of being so gullible.

What are you talking about now?
Like I said before, you have no idea what my opinion is on Global Warming so please stop projecting. And as for meat, my brother is a free range rancher in Wyoming, using no growth hormones or feed lots. So please tell me more about the beef industry? Or you could stop assuming people's opinions.

What are you talking about now?
Like I said before, you have no idea what my opinion is on Global Warming so please stop projecting. And as for meat, my brother is a free range rancher in Wyoming, using no growth hormones or feed lots. So please tell me more about the beef industry? Or you could stop assuming people's opinions.
You stated your opinion. I bolded it for you. That is where you are very wrong anyone has a "right" to question any opinion, yours or anyone's. That is what made this country great but of course there are people who will say that others have no right to "question" unless it meets within your limited scope.

As per your questions, I really have no need to tell you anything.

Really, please read what you said there, again.

We shouldn't be skeptical? Shouldn't question?

We should just be compliant sheep?

Last edited:
Times: UN climate panel shamed by bogus rainforest claim

A STARTLING report by the United Nations climate watchdog that global warming might wipe out 40% of the Amazon rainforest was based on an unsubstantiated claim by green campaigners who had little scientific expertise.

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) said in its 2007 benchmark report that even a slight change in rainfall could see swathes of the rainforest rapidly replaced by savanna grassland.

The source for its claim was a report from WWF, an environmental pressure group, which was authored by two green activists. They had based their “research” on a study published in Nature, the science journal, which did not assess rainfall but in fact looked at the impact on the forest of human activity such as logging and burning. This weekend WWF said it was launching an internal inquiry into the study.

This is the third time in as many weeks that serious doubts have been raised over the IPCC’s conclusions on climate change. Two weeks ago, after reports in The Sunday Times, it was forced to retract a warning that climate change was likely to melt the Himalayan glaciers by 2035. That warning was also based on claims in a WWF report.

First the IPCC chairman is caught lying about glaciers, and now their claims regarding the rainforest were pure bunk.
The new spokesman for the IPCC:

JoLo-Tommy%20Flanagan.jpg

Hello, my name is Tommy Flanagan, and I'm a member of Pathological Liars Anonymous. In fact.. I'm the president of the organization!

I didn't always lie. No, when I was a kid, I told the truth. But then one day, I got caught stealing money out of my mother's purse. I lied. I told her it was homework - that my teacher told me to do it. And she got fired! Yeah, that's what happened!

After that, lying was easy for me. I lied about my age and joined the army. I was thirteen at the time. Yeah.. I went to Vietnam, and I was injured catching a mortar shell in my teeth. And they made me a three-star general! And then I got a job in journalism, writing for the National Enquire.. er, Geographic! Yeah.. I was making twenty thousand a ye.. month! In fact, I won the Pulitzer Prize that year! Yeah, that's the ticket.

And then my cousin died - Joe Louis - and I took it hard. Maybe too hard - I tried to kill myself. Yeahh.. I did kill myself! Sure! I was medically dead for a week and a half! It was a woman that brought me out of it - Indira Gandhi! Yeah, right.. And she told me about Pathological Liars Anonymous.

Oh, you'd be surprised how many famous people belong. In fact.. at one of the meetings I met my wife - Morgan Fairchild! Yes, I'm a changed man now, and all because of Pathological Liars Anonymous. Why, I - I even have my picture on the cover of Newsweek magazine. Yeah. Every day! Yeah.. that's the ticket! Yeah, you betcha!

Gore calls for taxing everyone for the air they breath while he gets rich and Bush refuses to force this fiasco onto the general public of the world for Gore and his goon squad of cons can profiteer from it.

"Al Gore's carbon Crusade and the money behind it", by foundation watch
http://www.capitalresearch.org/pubs/pdf/v1185475433.pdf

Forum List

Back