Iowa marching band walks off field national anthem

They are supposedly trying to make everybody else aware of a problem.

NO! It's not making people aware of the problem, it's forcing a conversation about the problem. So you just don't get it. That's either because you're a professional propagandist, or you're just an ignoramus. Not sure which is better.

THEY ARE FAILING! Change the fucking media.If they choose not to change the methodology, then it's on them ... the consequences will be their fault. You can whine and bitch and attack until the moon rises ... and it changes NOTHING. Change the media .... people aren't hearing you.ou want to just holler and yell about all this bullshit ... and it changes NOTHING.

People are hearing him, clearly, if you're dreaming up bullshit reasons to ignore him. You also seem to be trying to convince yourself it isn't working, even though you have to come up with fake excuses as to why. What the players are doing seems to be working if people like you have to go to such ridiculous rhetorical lengths to say it isn't. I mean, you are draping yourself in the flag during a conversation about police brutality; so who's trying to avoid what?
"
NO! It's not making people aware of the problem, it's forcing a conversation about the problem."

When was the last time the words "police brutality" used in this thread? You, and the players, are no longer interested in advancing your message. You are only interested in 'winning' - whatever you call that.

Let me say this one last time .... unlike most on the left, I am not interested in equivalency. I am not interested in trade-offs. There are lines never to be crossed ... disrespect for my country, my flag, and my brothers is one of those. There are, simply, places I will NOT go.

You now can write a novella if you like --- Hell, make it Gone With The Wind, if you like --- none of it will change a single, solitary thing. As long as you, and they, disrespect the National Anthem and the flag, we have nothing to talk about. if you're interested in getting your message thru - and you have shown exactly ZERO inclination to do that - change your methodology. Until then, you're simply pissing in the wind.

That is a line never to be crossed.

When was the last time the words "police brutality" used in this thread? You, and the players, are no longer interested in advancing your message. You are only interested in 'winning' - whatever you call that.

It's been used several times, just go back through the thread and read for yourself. In fact, it's in the OP.

Stop being so lazy and entitled. There is a "search" function you can use. And this isn't about winning and losing, this is about elevating the discussion instead of devolving it into things totally unrelated.

Let me say this one last time .... unlike most on the left, I am not interested in equivalency. I am not interested in trade-offs. There are lines never to be crossed ... disrespect for my country, my flag, and my brothers is one of those. There are, simply, places I will NOT go.

It's your opinion that it disrespects the country and that opinion isn't informed by anything other than a need to come up with an excuse to de-legitimize the protests. Because you can't de-legitimize it on the grounds of what the protest is actually about. It's not your country, it's not your flag, it's not your anything. It isn't even about you! So you're trying to make it about what you think patriotism means, and to you, patriotism means not protesting...which is ridiculous because one of the institutions of democracy is protesting. Your picking and choosing what is appropriate only serves your personal comfort. And you're not entitled to that.

You now can write a novella if you like --- Hell, make it Gone With The Wind, if you like --- none of it will change a single, solitary thing. As long as you, and they, disrespect the National Anthem and the flag, we have nothing to talk about. if you're interested in getting your message thru - and you have shown exactly ZERO inclination to do that - change your methodology. Until then, you're simply pissing in the wind.That is a line never to be crossed.

Way to prove you're an ignoramus. To think that merely seeing players kneel sends you into such hysterics that you cannot even have a conversation shows how fragile an ego you really have. Well, that ego is bullshit; you're not special, you're not remarkable, you're not significant, you're not powerful, you're not an arbiter of anything...you're simply a nobody.

Last edited:
Poor Derp -- Trying to tell the world about his oppression in any way he can but that white devil still won't listen!

You are not important. You are not significant. You are not remarkable. You have no authority. You have no credibility. You're a nobody.

Who in the end really cares what one band did? Get over it snowflakes. Ignore id you pea brains can comprehend that.

New Topics

Forum List

Back