Iowa Baseball team doesnt play the Braves...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by insein, May 5, 2004.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    http://media.collegepublisher.com/m...tro/Ui.Cancels.Game.Over.Nickname-677814.html

I love the part how they won't cancel their conference game against the fighting Illini due to the money they bring in from the Big Ten. Bunch of fucking hypocrits.

2. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    funny, my bio-father is full blood Ojibwe. so that makes me half Ojibwe. I could not care less who has what for a mascot. I have BIGGER things to worry about. if some team wants to be called the chiefs, or redskins, or whatever, no skin off my back. whoop dee freakin' doo. grow up people.

i actually would find the mascot to be as cool as having a street or building named after you, if not cooler. I mean, a whole TEAM named after your heritage. who wouldn't find an honor in that? some over-sensitive, apathetic, haiku-writing, rich white kid who has no ancestry in the very culture that he THINKS he is standing up for. I would tell the kid to shut up, go away, and mind his own business.

3. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    also, if the Illinois mascot is controversial, don't you think the actual tribe would be advocating the change in mascots? I don't think they care to do that considering that the Chief Illiniwek mascot headdress is officially made by the tribe and was blessed by tribe elders when it was given to the school. Go figure.

4. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Thats the whole point im making here. Its not the Indians making a big stink about this. Its uptight liberal PC dooshbags that try to find things that offend them or others and then act on it. People look to be offended anymore. Its re-god damn-diculous.

I'm offended by aging hippy liberal dooshes. Can i sue them for their very existense?