IOC confirms Olympic luger dies after crash

Horrific crash.

I am not sure that Luge track is safe. Sad to lose a world class athlete

They had a quick video of it from an angle where the impact didn't fully show (thankfully). All the surrounding structures were steel that should have been padded at that level. Heartbreaking for his family, and all of us.

I guess they have been having crashes on the run for the last few days, with one women being knocked out.

It is a dangerous sport and everyone knows the risks.

This is a real shame though.

Very sad for the the athlete and his family and friends.
It's been an unusual year with El Nino, they had to truck in the snow for the Olympics. It was raining today, and I'm wondering if that might have screwed up the ice on the run.

Very sad for the the athlete and his family and friends.
It's been an unusual year with El Nino, they had to truck in the snow for the Olympics. It was raining today, and I'm wondering if that might have screwed up the ice on the run.

I don't know anything about the tracks, but I bet it is kept frozen by some sort of system and probably is not effected by the weather. You could also be right, who knows. The thing was built to be the fastest track, though.

( They should have moved it south into Washington, where there is snow in the mountains ;) )

Saw the video...My sympathies rest with his family. He came to pursue his dream in the Olympics and he died doing what he loved. God rest his soul.

Many luge tracks are not safe. These guys fly on a sheet of ice.
Who invented "curling" and why is that nonsense an Olympic sport?

They had a quick video of it from an angle where the impact didn't fully show (thankfully). All the surrounding structures were steel that should have been padded at that level. Heartbreaking for his family, and all of us.

I don't think that padding would have done anything.

A higher wall might have helped.

This track is 6 MPH faster than any previous luge track

It is an accident waiting to happen......SLOW DOWN

Many luge tracks are not safe. These guys fly on a sheet of ice.
Who invented "curling" and why is that nonsense an Olympic sport?

Who cares...Curling chicks are hot hot hot..:lol: We need to have Curling in bikini's!!!!
curling.jpg

Dani_2009_sm.jpg

curlnews.blogspot.com

Last edited:

Forum List

Back