IOA renews administrative custody of physics professor

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
NABLUS, (PIC)-- The Ofer military court has renewed the administrative detention of Dr. Essam Al-Ashqar, the physics professor at the Najah university, for three more months, the lawyer of the Tadamun institute for human rights reported.

Ahmed al-Beitawi, a researcher with Tadamun, said that Ashqar was detained since 19/3/2009 and held under administrative custody, adding that this renewal was the fifth since his detention.

Ashqar, 52, is among the cofounders of the physics department in Najah university and had written numerous valuable international research papers. He was twice before arrested and was held in Israeli occupation jails for three years.

NABLUS, (PIC)-- The Ofer military court has renewed the administrative detention of Dr. Essam Al-Ashqar, the physics professor at the Najah university, for three more months, the lawyer of the Tadamun institute for human rights reported.

Ahmed al-Beitawi, a researcher with Tadamun, said that Ashqar was detained since 19/3/2009 and held under administrative custody, adding that this renewal was the fifth since his detention.

Ashqar, 52, is among the cofounders of the physics department in Najah university and had written numerous valuable international research papers. He was twice before arrested and was held in Israeli occupation jails for three years.

Defective link. And since I couldn't link into the article, I don't know why he was jailed and detained. Arabs often use their education to destroy rather than produce. Perhaps he was using his physics knowledge to create bombs.

Defective link. And since I couldn't link into the article, I don't know why he was jailed and detained. Arabs often use their education to destroy rather than produce. Perhaps he was using his physics knowledge to create bombs.

Yeah, they are hacked regularly.

Administrative detention is the excuse they use to detain someone who has broken no law.

Forum List

Back