Invisible users?

The server times out after a set time. The default is 900 seconds. So, if you do nothing on the site for a certain amount of time set by Jim or Darin it times out your session.

If you do not log out you have a cookie that keeps your information and automatically logs you in when you revisit the site.

I am still curious why people(other than Mr P) would choice to be invisible.

I like my privacy (as limited as it is). Kinda goes back to the idea that if people know I'm online, some end up pestering me rather than allow me to join the conversation in my own good time.

I like my privacy (as limited as it is). Kinda goes back to the idea that if people know I'm online, some end up pestering me rather than allow me to join the conversation in my own good time.

Interesting, especially considering that you are not an invisible user.

The server times out after a set time. The default is 900 seconds. So, if you do nothing on the site for a certain amount of time set by Jim or Darin it times out your session.

If you do not log out you have a cookie that keeps your information and automatically logs you in when you revisit the site.

OK, that makes sense, I always check the "remember me" box whenever I do log on....

There are several at the USMB, why?

I have a tendency to use this if it's available on a message board, only because I've had trouble with a few people on other boards when they see you're "active"... I try to fly under the radar if at all possible... especially if I'm lurking and not in a posting mood...

bike.jpg

Forum List

Back