Investment Strategies

Not my biggest gain but on an 8 month $3600 play with a possible encore on what was a large cap dividend play I'll take it.

BOOOOMM.......TA DA!!!!! Market down so far I might be able to double dip on this buyout. Just made a grand on expectations of it market keeps going down could make even more on actual merger.
A grand ? Is that a significant amount of money for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct me if I'm wrong but I though it took a minimum of 50,000 to do arbitrage on a merger and given all the things that can go wrong on the way to the altar a 2% or less target strikes me as suicidal. Am I missing something?

Not my biggest gain but on an 8 month $3600 play with a possible encore on what was a large cap dividend play I'll take it.
You use the word play. As in a game??
As in he does not mention his losing plays? Like my selling ARGT puts back in August when the Fed started hinting that the discount window would be wide open to 2016 or whenever. That play lost me money in the same way an insurance premium is a dead loss until you have an insurance claim.

I'm not much investor but have done OK. Buy a subscription to Investors business Daily. Rules for selling, Rules on buying and chart reading tips chart reading tips...patterns and their meanings. Basic stuff but it can make or save you lot of trouble.

You use the word play. As in a game??
As in he does not mention his losing plays? Like my selling ARGT puts back in August when the Fed started hinting that the discount window would be wide open to 2016 or whenever. That play lost me money in the same way an insurance premium is a dead loss until you have an insurance claim.
I've found that most people that use the word "play" in reference to market transactions are gambling or speculating, not investing. There is nothing wrong with that as long as they understand their risks. Unfortunately, people that are new to market have a problem understanding degrees of risk.

Forum List

Back