Investment skeletons hiding inside Mitt’s closets

Dick Tuck

Board Troll
Aug 29, 2009
Hey, Mr. Etch-a-Sketch, you know what they say about people who live in glass houses.

Investment skeletons hiding inside Mitt’s closets

GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney has hammered President Obama for his administration’s tax-funded investment blunders — but when Romney was governor, the state handed out $4.5 million in loans to two firms run by his campaign donors that have since defaulted, leaving taxpayers holding the bag.

The two companies — Acusphere and Spherics Inc. — stiffed the state on nearly $2.1 million in loans provided through the state’s Emerging Technology Fund, a $25 million investment program created while Romney was governor in 2003 that benefitted 13 local firms.

Acusphere, a biotechnology firm headed by a Romney campaign donor, got $2 million in 2004 that it was supposed to put toward a $20 million manufacturing facility in Tewksbury, which never became fully operational. Calls to Acusphere’s headquarters in Lexington were not returned.

So what your saying is Obama is going to justify his actions by pointing at Romney and claiming he did it too?

That's really the campaign tactic you want to use?

I'm no fan of Romney but what he said at the Solyndra Speech will resonate with a lot of voters (and I paraphrase here):

"My success rate at Bain Capital was about 80%. Mr President, what's your success rate with the Stimulus? Zero".

If the Obama people are expecting Mittens to just roll over and play dead like McCain did they're in serious trouble.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back