Investing Resources What's Good for Who?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
There are numerous resource centers for investing and I did not see a thread much less a pinned thread for different types of investors and what resources are available to them in this section. As for me I am primarily a fat tail/black swan speculator who likes to be hedged that means I accumulate a lot of small losses waiting for the big score. I am also a big believer in asset allocation to limit the losses in my stash/portfolio while waiting for the next meltdown or meltup. In asset allocation there are at least four different models, two different reallocation triggers and an unknown set of bells and whistles.

The resources I have used include:

The NAIC/"Better Investing"

AAII

"The DRIP Newsletter" (Mostly covers Direct Stock purchase plans [DSPs])

"The Moneypaper" covers mostly Dividend ReInvestment Plans (DRIPs)

"Stock Trader's Almanac" published once a year and it covers basic market probabilities .

I was wondering what resources are used by other posters and whether they are right for me.

There are numerous resource centers for investing and I did not see a thread much less a pinned thread for different types of investors and what resources are available to them in this section. As for me I am primarily a fat tail/black swan speculator who likes to be hedged that means I accumulate a lot of small losses waiting for the big score. I am also a big believer in asset allocation to limit the losses in my stash/portfolio while waiting for the next meltdown or meltup. In asset allocation there are at least four different models, two different reallocation triggers and an unknown set of bells and whistles.

The resources I have used include:

The NAIC/"Better Investing"

AAII

"The DRIP Newsletter" (Mostly covers Direct Stock purchase plans [DSPs])

"The Moneypaper" covers mostly Dividend ReInvestment Plans (DRIPs)

"Stock Trader's Almanac" published once a year and it covers basic market probabilities .

I was wondering what resources are used by other posters and whether they are right for me.

I wish that I could help you Wie. I took the entrepreneurial route a few years ago and haven't looked back.....well, just to buy a few bags of silver. I'd rather launch companies and sell them.

Forum List

Back