Investigation against Rush ends

GunnyL said:
One-sided. Liberals do the EXACT same thing.

Chicken or the egg...I think the genesis goes squarely to the doorsteps of Rush and Annie-girl Coulter and the like.

And I have to agree with a comment I saw -- just don't recall who made it -- if Rush was a Democrap he'd be doing the talk show circuit beign held up as a courageous individual addicted to painkillers because they were prescribed to him, and being unjustly singled out for his celebrity and politics.

I do believe you meant "Democrat". Thanks :)

And might be, but as I said earlier...had it been a dem, they wouldn't have spent their careers spouting off about putting addicts in jail. So they wouldn't have been asking for a different standard to be applied to them than would have been applied to anyone else.

You do see the hypocrisy in Rush's position, right?

jillian said:
Chicken or the egg...I think the genesis goes squarely to the doorsteps of Rush and Annie-girl Coulter and the like.

I do believe you meant "Democrat". Thanks :)

And might be, but as I said earlier...had it been a dem, they wouldn't have spent their careers spouting off about putting addicts in jail. So they wouldn't have been asking for a different standard to be applied to them than would have been applied to anyone else.

You do see the hypocrisy in Rush's position, right?

Jillian--it's like when you were part of the anti-gun crowd and now you are part of the pro-gun crowd. Should we all frolic over your hypocrisy. Why do you insist on continuing to perpetrate hate ?

Well I didn't bother reading four pages of responses.

I am glad that Rush is not in further trouble for now.

I hope it will teach him to watch his mouth in the future.

I wish we could decriminalize all drugs. Make em legal. Regulate and Tax em.

Then let the newly unburdened DOJ (and state equivalents) go to work on violent crime.

pegwinn said:
Well I didn't bother reading four pages of responses.

I am glad that Rush is not in further trouble for now.

I hope it will teach him to watch his mouth in the future.

I wish we could decriminalize all drugs. Make em legal. Regulate and Tax em.

Then let the newly unburdened DOJ (and state equivalents) go to work on violent crime.

I'd agree with ya Peg if I didn't think that the criminal element everywhere would switch to another form of crime to get rich off of. Cartels aren't gonna just start going to Sunday School. A hell of a lot of bad ass murders, kid-nappers, rapists, etc. are caught in the net used to catch smugglers.

dilloduck said:
Jillian--it's like when you were part of the anti-gun crowd and now you are part of the pro-gun crowd. Should we all frolic over your hypocrisy. Why do you insist on continuing to perpetrate hate ?

I was never really part of the "Anti" gun crowd (though I didn't like them much). Being married to a gun guy, I always kind of understood that the regs didn't affect the bad guys, only the good guys. But I was convinced by a right-wing buddy that the AWB was a really stupid mess. It's also when I drew the conclusion that the Second is the Second and if people don't like it, they should repeal it or just get off the subject. :)

Perpetuate hate? Moi? :tank:

dilloduck said:
I'd agree with ya Peg if I didn't think that the criminal element everywhere would switch to another form of crime to get rich off of. Cartels aren't gonna just start going to Sunday School. A hell of a lot of bad ass murders, kid-nappers, rapists, etc. are caught in the net used to catch smugglers.

I understand where you are coming from. But, the cartels are businessmen first and foremost. If we legalize drugs it won't be long before the cartel goes mainstream. And, notice I didn't make smuggling legal. I said taxed, and regulated. I think the DEA and Customs would still have a job. But we'd be whamie-ing the suppliers and smugglers, not the users and addicts.

pegwinn said:
I understand where you are coming from. But, the cartels are businessmen first and foremost. If we legalize drugs it won't be long before the cartel goes mainstream. And, notice I didn't make smuggling legal. I said taxed, and regulated. I think the DEA and Customs would still have a job. But we'd be whamie-ing the suppliers and smugglers, not the users and addicts.

I imagine even if we taxed and regulated it, the profit margin would plunge and move the "business" on to more lucrative enterprises but who knows. Maybe they wanna be legit :dunno:

dilloduck said:
I imagine even if we taxed and regulated it, the profit margin would plunge and move the "business" on to more lucrative enterprises but who knows. Maybe they wanna be legit :dunno:

Which is why the cartels don't want the drug trade to be legalized. Much easier to employ folks you control from cradle to grave than deal with OSHA. Much easier to employ folks you control from cradle to grave than deal with Workmans Comp. Much easier to employ folks you control from cradle to grave than deal with Payroll Taxes. Much easier to employ folks you control from cradle to grave than deal with .gov inspectors.

My insidious plan is becomeing clearer now. We must not speak of this to anyone :clap1:

pegwinn said:
Which is why the cartels don't want the drug trade to be legalized. Much easier to employ folks you control from cradle to grave than deal with OSHA. Much easier to employ folks you control from cradle to grave than deal with Workmans Comp. Much easier to employ folks you control from cradle to grave than deal with Payroll Taxes. Much easier to employ folks you control from cradle to grave than deal with .gov inspectors.

My insidious plan is becomeing clearer now. We must not speak of this to anyone :clap1:

Sure thing, why not legalize ALL the "sin trades" (they're all pretty much intertwined anyway)....society must accept garbage and live in garbage in order to "control" garbage? :scratch:

Regarding Rush, if the libs spent one iota of the effort they spent on Rush against real drug problems, society would be on the path to recovery.

ScreamingEagle said:
Sure thing, why not legalize ALL the "sin trades" (they're all pretty much intertwined anyway)....society must accept garbage and live in garbage in order to "control" garbage? :scratch:

Sin is a problem for churches...not government. :scratch:

jillian said:
First: The investigation did not end. He arranged a plea deal. Seems it will be ACD'd if he stays a good boy. You need to look at real news, not "Rush News".

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12536446/

Second: Never accept Rush's version of anything as accurate, including his own words. To that end, Rush on the subject of drugs and alcohol:

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/entertainers/pundits/rush-limbaugh/

Note that he talked about people addicted to alcohol, too, and not just people addicted to illegal drugs. And even if he had, the guy still sent his housekeeper to score drugs for him. Not exactly on the up and up.

And just a little about Hillbilly Heroin:

http://csmonitor.com/cgi-bin/durableRedirect.pl?/durable/2001/07/12/p1s3.htm

According to the Palm Beach Paper, Rush's addiction began in 1998. He came clean with his addiction, went through detox.

Im still awaiting Hillary's atonement for illegal activities??
How about you??

Dr Grump said:
Was she found guilty of them?

Of course not. This is the same type of stuff they were talking about six years ago. If there had been any *there* there, Ken Starr would have been all over it. You're just seeing some more of that famous conservative *tolerance* ... not.

Not sure what it has to do with Rush being a hypocritial junkie, though.

Forum List

Back