Invest In Yourself and Your Family!

TruthSeeker56

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2011
New Hampshire
All of the paper wealth you accumulate will not feed your family, provide your family with water, provide your family with basic medical care, make your family safe from desperate people and criminals, and allow you to barter with people for basic necessities and life-saving items.

WHEN the U.S. dollar crashes, and WHEN all world currencies collapse, you and your family will be left holding a bunch of really scratchy TOILET PAPER that you are accustomed to using as "legal tender".

If you lost "public" services tomorrow (electricity, water, sewer, gas), and suddenly the entire transportation infrastructure of the United States came to a grinding halt, how prepared are YOU and your family?

How much food do you have in your home?

How much water do you have available for your family?

What sort of safety measures do you have available, to protect your home and your family from desperate people and criminals?

Do you have any means of communication with the outside world besides the internet, satellite or cable TV, and your cell phone or home phone?

Do you have any extra life-saving/life-prolonging medications that you usually need on a daily basis (for diabetes, heart conditions, hypertension, etc.)?

It's time for EVERYBODY to re-think their "American dream" and come to grips with the dire economic straits the United States is in, not to mention most of the rest of the civilized world.

Think very seriously about these questions. They could be the difference between life and death for you and your loved ones.

Last edited:
Wrong, sounds like an opinion of a scared 15 year old.The masters of the universe need consumers and while we may be a small percentage of the population we are by far the best consumers in the world.We in the u.s. are a valuable commodity.

All of the paper wealth you accumulate will not feed your family, provide your family with water, provide your family with basic medical care, make your family safe from desperate people and criminals, and allow you to barter with people for basic necessities and life-saving items.

WHEN the U.S. dollar crashes, and WHEN all world currencies collapse, you and your family will be left holding a bunch of really scratchy TOILET PAPER that you are accustomed to using as "legal tender".

If you lost "public" services tomorrow (electricity, water, sewer, gas), and suddenly the entire transportation infrastructure of the United States came to a grinding halt, how prepared are YOU and your family?

How much food do you have in your home?

How much water do you have available for your family?

What sort of safety measures do you have available, to protect your home and your family from desperate people and criminals?

Do you have any means of communication with the outside world besides the internet, satellite or cable TV, and your cell phone or home phone?

Do you have any extra life-saving/life-prolonging medications that you usually need on a daily basis (for diabetes, heart conditions, hypertension, etc.)?

It's time for EVERYBODY to re-think their "American dream" and come to grips with the dire economic straits the United States is in, not to mention most of the rest of the civilized world.

Think very seriously about these questions. They could be the difference between life and death for you and your loved ones.

:clap2: Great message. I fully agree with you. If people have not already prepared themselves there is no time like the present to get started. It is using wisdom to be prepared.

:clap2: Great message. I fully agree with you. If people have not already prepared themselves there is no time like the present to get started. It is using wisdom to be prepared.

and do what exactly, make sure you have change for the coke machine, own gold and silver?

Love your message. I fully agree with you. If people have not already prepared themselves there is no time like the present to get started.

Wrong, sounds like an opinion of a scared 15 year old.The masters of the universe need consumers and while we may be a small percentage of the population we are by far the best consumers in the world.We in the u.s. are a valuable commodity.

Same message but in money.

While sitting in our safe room with impatient critters and waiting for the tornadoes to pass the other day, we had this very discussion. Its simply smart to have enough liquid assets put aside to be able to get along for whatever period of times suits your particular set of beliefs.

Whether you're trading in cigarettes, dollars, Glenny Beck's phony gold or ... ?

Needless to say, some forms will likely be worth more than others.

If, and that's a BIG IF, the shit really hits the fan, I don't want to be here. From what the tin foil hat wearing fear mongers say, people will be starving, stealing, pilaging, robbing, killing, suffering every minute of every day. I honestly wouldn't care if I went in the first few months. I don't want to live for 20 years in a bunker underground with the same people eating rice and water, going insane. Not worth it. If my neighbors are desparate enough to kill me for my 6 cans of pork and beans, fine with me. I will be happy one the "other side".

Good thread. Most people I presume don't like to think about life getting any harder, and thus don't weather even simple challenges very well, when they could have been only bumps in the road.

In the end, I would put your money on yourself.

After a lot of experiences in life, and one travelling extensively on a regular basis overseas in places less than nice, your own skills will feed you.

I don't mean a degree, although that is great and will give you the monetary gains to help better prepare you and yours for the hard times, but once in the hard times, your office job and the money it pays may not fair well.

I have always believed in raising your sons and daughters up for a trade. Don't laugh, but I insisted on my girls, as highly educated as they are, to wait tables in high school and college. I consider that a trade. Even in bad times people go out to eat to escape, and waitresses are needed. For me, I am good at many aspects of the construction trade, and can do fair carpentry. My friend has a plumbing business here in Stockholm, and I help him out just for a couple of drinks once in a while. People will need to still crap in a disaster, and they will fork it out to keep the water running in their flat.

A good skill in the trades is what I would invest in more than anything else. Just think about what people need in good times and bad, and train yourself for it. You can barter for payment later if money is worthless, whether that be guns, cigarettes, or alcohol, all of which I see as the primary currency should normalcy decline to a state of utter anarchy.

Just some thoughts.

Last edited:
Good thread. Most people I presume don't like to think about life getting any harder, and thus don't weather even simple challenges very well, when they could have been only bumps in the road.

In the end, I would put your money on yourself.

After a lot of experiences in life, and one travelling extensively on a regular basis overseas in places less than nice, your own skills will feed you.

I don't mean a degree, although that is great and will give you the monetary gains to help better prepare you and yours for the hard times, but once in the hard times, your office job and the money it pays may not fair well.

I have always believed in raising your sons and daughters up for a trade. Don't laugh, but I insisted on my girls, as highly educated as they are, to wait tables in high school and college. I consider that a trade. Even in bad times people go out to eat to escape, and waitresses are needed. For me, I am good at many aspects of the construction trade, and can do fair carpentry. My friend has a plumbing business here in Stockholm, and I help him out just for a couple of drinks once in a while. People will need to still crap in a disaster, and they will fork it out to keep the water running in their flat.

A good skill in the trades is what I would invest in more than anything else. Just think about what people need in good times and bad, and train yourself for it. You can barter for payment later if money is worthless, whether that be guns, cigarettes, or alcohol, all of which I see as the primary currency should normalcy decline to a state of utter anarchy.

Just some thoughts.

Here's a series of vids from an outfit that teaches those kinds of skills.

Check out ALL their other vids, too.

BTW, great sig!

Sounds like he might have said it this past week rather than over a decade ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
The concept that the "preppers" fail to understand is that in the event of the doomsday scenario the best laid plans will fall apart in five years or less when bunker supplies are exhausted and human endurance falls apart. The only hope is to educate yourself and get involved now to prevent the scenario that you seem to look forward to. In the event of the collapse of society the people in power will still have the big guns and the pitiful shotguns and rifles and tins full of ammo preppers hoard will be wiped away like pea shooters. Don't fall for the doomsday crap. Spend your time and effort and money trying to make the political system in the freeist Country in the world work better.

Don't worry, there are plenty of bullets to go around. You are more likely to choke on your chicken than see the apocalypse. Is that any consolation? I have enough to retire on, and I trust my advisors and the future in the next ten years or so to get me by. But I don't think the future is as bleak as some would have it here.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back