Introductions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess I will feel guilty if I fail to introduce msyelf. I am fairly new to the board and have read a lot more than I have posted. I live in KY with my wife and two young sons, ages 3 and 2. Not quite twins but as close as I could get.:) I am in the thoroughbred horse business and my wife trains gun dogs and owns a boarding kennel. I have enjoyed getting to know everyone on this board, yes even you jones;) Your intelligent discussions and posts offer a lot of food for thought. My views are conservative to conservative - moderate on most everything. Mostly I dislike having the government spend my money!!!! Nice to meet you folks

Pete

Great having you here remie!!!!! Sounds like you have a very interesting job! love horses myself! just haven't gotten on one in a very long time, but feel the need to soon! Jackass, I am coming down to your Aunt's, get the horses ready! :)

Originally posted by janeeng
Great having you here remie!!!!! Sounds like you have a very interesting job! love horses myself! just haven't gotten on one in a very long time, but feel the need to soon! Jackass, I am coming down to your Aunt's, get the horses ready! :)

I am getting my Camcorder in the next few days. I will take a video and send it to ya!! :D

Originally posted by MtnBiker
That is really cool, there are no good boarding kennels in my area.

There are plenty around here.....but none as nice as ours. Its all about doing the little extras and my sweetie works her ass off. We have been open four years and like all other small businesses struggled the first year while getting our customer base. Broke even the second year and did very well in years three and four. The dogs are her passion like the horses are for me. Our boys will grow up understanding that before we open Christmas packages, the dogs and horses have to be taken care. Not the life style for everyone but it works for us. And hey dogs and horses, what more could young boys want!!!!

Remie, I can't see how anyone could ask for more. You guys must have a true love for these animals, and I think it's great. Not a lot of people do.

Remie, being honest I could see myself giving up the hustle and bustle of the metro lifestyle for a country life, I mean this sincerely !

Originally posted by eric
Remie, being honest I could see myself giving up the hustle and bustle of the metro lifestyle for a country life, I mean this sincerely !

Interesting you say that. We love to go to big cities and take the best they have to offer. Good shows, good food and as you say hustle bustle. Having said that we are always happy to get back to a quiter lifestyle. I dont want you guys to think we are hermits...we love to cook and entertain....just at a little slower pace.

Remie, I can't see how anyone could ask for more. You guys must have a true love for these animals, and I think it's great. Not a lot of people do.

We are very lucky indeed. I delivered our first baby (horse) of the year last night. No matter many hundred I have delivered, it still is a kick in the ass. Seems like we are alway tripping over puppies around the house too.

No Remie, I don't think that at all. I grew up in NYC/Long Island and have always had a love of nature and open space. Big cities and metro areas have their good points as you pointed out, but when that is all you see on a daily basis for 37 years, it gets very played out and at least I start to yearn for a quiter more family oriented lifestyle.

How rude, crude, and socially unacceptable of me to forget to intoduce myself!!

Walter, mwm,51, into bondage,light kink...oooops, wrong forum!!!

Walter, 51, married 25 years(a terrible fate, to be married alive), a son in med school in Virginia. I work night shift in the second busiest ER in the state of Jaw-ja. Glad to meet you all here and NOT where I work, where we either snatch'em back from the jaws of death or push them on in!!

If anyone has any questions of the medical variety, I'll try to answer them or find you an answer. I am a certified female groinocologist..self taught. Actually, I am an RN but before you get any funny ideas, I spent 8 years in the Army as an airborne infantryman and the last 3 years as a Drill Sgt. So there!!!

Sometimes my tang gets toungled, my merds get wixed and I can't stalk plain so if my answers appear disjointed, that's what has happened. Also, I have NEVER, EVER been accused of being "Politikally Korrect", nor do I ever plan to be so.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I hope I can contribute something constructive to the forum.

Welcome to the board AtlantaWalter!!! glad to have you here!

Remie, I missed that last post about you delivering the baby! that must have been awesome. Hey, if you have a camera, any way of taking a pic??? I would love to see it. What a feeling it must be to deliver such a precious life!

Originally posted by AtlantaWalter
How rude, crude, and socially unacceptable of me to forget to intoduce myself!!

Walter, mwm,51, into bondage,light kink...oooops, wrong forum!!!

:laugh:

Welcome, Walter, I think you'll fit right in!

Welcome to the board AtlantaWalter!!! glad to have you here!

Remie, I missed that last post about you delivering the baby! that must have been awesome. Hey, if you have a camera, any way of taking a pic??? I would love to see it. What a feeling it must be to deliver such a precious life!

I will try to remember to take the digital to the foaling unit next time I go. We have been busy lately, several more born and a bunch overdue. Sleep deprivation is kicking in and sometimes I wake up in the morning wondering if I missed a phone call from the night man summoning me to deliver another. But I will indeed try to get you some pics.

Pete

Wow, how many are due to have babies??? Yes, thank you, I would love to see some pics!!!!

Wow, how many are due to have babies??? Yes, thank you, I would love to see some pics!!!!

Janeeng

I took some digitals for you last night but the files are too big for this board. If you want to send me your email address I can send them to you direct. Of course I understand if you dont want to give that out.

P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back