Introductions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by jimnyc
That was Farley, wasn't it?

1028e.jpg

:D

Now that I've been on here for about three months, maybe I should also introduce myself formally! :D

I'm Jeff (duh), I'm a 27-year old guy from Puyallup, WA (outside of Seattle). I have a hot babe of a wife named Angela, and we have a ten-year-old daughter (actually not mine biologically, but mine nonetheless) named Kayla. Angela and I were married in July of 2002.
I was born and raised in Houston, TX, then lived in Honolulu, HI for a couple of years before we moved up to the Seattle area. I went to West Point after high school, partially because I wanted to serve my country, partially because it was free, and partially because it was as far as I could get from home! I spent five years on active duty, almost all at Ft. Lewis, WA (south of Seattle, lucky me), attaining the rank of captain. I left the military in March and went to work for DoD as a budget analyst on Ft. Lewis.
I have a younger sister, Spring, who got married just a few weeks after me. My dad and stepmom live in Gig Harbor, WA, where I went to high school at. My mother lives in Houston still.
My hobbies include reading books about politics, religion, history, and military subjects; music, both listening (my favorite groups ar Bob Marley, the Supertones, Offspring, Linkin Park, and Peter Tosh) and playing - I play the guitar and bass. I also stay involved politically - I'm the chair of the Pierce County Young Republicans and the 1st vice-chair for the state YR's. Someday I would love to be an elected official, maybe as high as Congressman or even Governor. But one step at a time! :)
I also consider myself a born-again Christian. I was raised in the Church, but didn't go as a teenager, but then recommited my life to Christ at West Point. I play guitar/bass at our church twice a week.

Anyway, that's me! See you around!

Oh no, SafeCo Field! :)

Damn glad to meet ya, Jeff. I'm glad you stuck around these parts, it's been enjoyable reading your contributions to the board.

Well, it's about time we got a nice pic like that Jeff! hehe! What a great pic it is too! You and your Wife make such a cute couple too! Yes, we are glad your here at the board with us, you have contributed plenty here, and have some good laughs too!!!!!! keep it up!!! otherwise I will send you a FATTY PIC! :)

Well, I suppose it has a been months since I've been on here, so I might as well tell y'all who I am.

My name is James and as most of you can figure out I live in Canada in a city called Winnipeg. Winnipeg is about 2 1/2 hours north of Grand Forks, ND. I'm a 5th year student in environmental engineering and a competitive rower for our province.

I've been around the world quite a bit because of parents and because of my rowing and have seen the beautiful and the well desperate. I've worked a year up in the Canadian Arctic designing water and sewage treatment facilities for Northern communities. I've also worked a few years on a farm and well pretty much any other place you can expect.

The big time consumer in my life is my rowing. I compete for the Winnipeg Rowing Club and our provincial rowing team. I've competed quite a bit around Canada, the US and a few competitions around the world. I was on the national team in 2000, but i've eased off since. I also was Canada's youth ambassador to the 2000 Sydney Olympics and met amazing people from around the world there... plus the girls rather, say, worldy :D.

Hobbies? Baking, cooking, play shinny out on the ice, ultimate frisbee, read, i play tuba in a folk-rock band (yup i said Tuba), love computer games, nights out on the town, coaching high school rowing and well... anything that tickles my fancy really. I'm quite open to new stuff.

I love this board, because I don't agree with half of what you guys say and I believe plurality is the spice of life. I'm quite centrist (well for Canadian standards I guess), but I don't profess to be "liberal" per say. I don't know more than i profess, and i don't profess more than I know.

It has been a pleasure.

I love this board, because I don't agree with half of what you guys say and I believe plurality is the spice of life.

You gotta love your honesty Isaac!! it is a pleasure to have you around here. Hey, I do believe where you live is where an ex of mine, his cousin lives, last name Gianotta. Italians, the girl got married and a custom that Daddy buy them a BRAND new house!! nice!!!!!! I missed that wedding in Canada, but I really did want to go.

Glad to, another guy that likes cooking! good for you! again, glad to have you on the board.

Hey Isaac!

You get brownie points just for having a great name :D

Shoot, sounds like you're pretty close to the US border, we'll consider you an honorary American. :)

What's "shinny"? Anything like hockey?

I love this board, because I don't agree with half of what you guys say and I believe plurality is the spice of life.

Then that means you do believe in the other half! We'll chop you down to size, give us time! LOL

It has been a pleasure.

Likewise. :)

Originally posted by jimnyc
Hey Isaac!

You get brownie points just for having a great name :D

Shoot, sounds like you're pretty close to the US border, we'll consider you an honorary American. :)

What's "shinny"? Anything like hockey?

Then that means you do believe in the other half! We'll chop you down to size, give us time! LOL

Likewise. :)

Shinny is just playing hockey the way it should be. A bunch of guys and gals on a lake or river, no hitting, no boards, all pick up.

And yes, I live very close to the border. We used to do lots of shopping there before your dollar was so strong. Now things are a bit better with the dollar, but we have all the same stores now so.... :D

As for getting chopped down... we'll see :) I think i've held my own at least so far. I need some well-spoken reinforcements... i see some promising new talent though. (I think I watch hockey too much).

Cheers! :beer:

Hey, you can never watch too much hockey. Unless of course your are a NY Rangers fan, than it could lead to suicide.

You've more than held your own so far. We'll have to try some new tactics. Maybe like the old Flyers, we'll have one hit you low while the other crosschecks you across your forehead. Can't beat your opponent, kill 'em. I just remembered how much I hate the Flyers, almost as much as the Devils and Islanders!

Hi There! My name is Ana and I am 28 years old. I served 6 years in the Marine Corps and got out in 2001. I moved down to San Diego where I knew nothing and no one and bought myself a computer, set up a yahoo account and met the man of my dreams online! :D Of course, I found out that he lived in England so I decided to take a chance and go there to meet him! We became best of friends and he came over on holiday 6 months later and we married in Vegas! Needless to say that we had no family or friends present and Elvis was unable to walk me down the aisle...I have never been happier!:D I am currently taking courses to become a paralegal or perhaps more one day! Hope to chat with you all from time to time!
Smiles...Zac:p:

ps...this is me!

Now that is some story ladyzac!!! And as another person who served in the military, a thank you to you too!!!!!

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Welcome Ladyzac, hope classes are going well for you. And your husband married a pretty lady.

Umm, yeah, that's what I meant to say! My little sister typed my previous message. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back