Introductions, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
The other thread was getting old and I thought with some new members around since we started that thread we can update again and get to know one another.

Here's a few things to get us started:

Name
Sex
Background info
What brought you here?
Picture?

Name - Jim, Jimmy, James, Jimnyc

Sex - Male

Age - 37 (7/1/68)

Occupation/school - Graduated Cittone Institute 1991, attended Kean College & St. Johns University. Work as computer technician, desktop support & network administration.

Background info - Born and raised in Central NJ. Married in 1994 and have a 5 year old son. Currently separated...

What brought you here? - In early 2003, as the impending election started to heat up, I participated in a few boards discussing terrorism and our future elections. I was disturbed by the views of so many but enjoyed the debate. It was hard to find a place that was moderated fairly and allowed for open and free debate. A few of us participating then decided to open our own board...

Picture? Sure, see below. My son, Jordan, and myself.

Attachments

• $100_0239.JPG
    $100_0239.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 132
Name - Doug
Sex - Yes, I like sex.
Age - 34
Occupation/school - Switch engineer/DU Pioneers
Background info - Native Coloradoan, spent 4 years in the Navy
What brought you here? - I'm addicted to politics.
Picture? - In the picture thread.

Name: Dan

Sex: male

Occupation/school: I work at The UPS Store and I have 2 classes to go until I graduate from the University of South Carolina - Aiken with a degree in English.

Background info: Lived in Colonia, NJ until I was 11, then my parents and I moved to Orangeburg, SC. Stayed there until I graduated high school, then went to college in Aiken. And I'm still here.

What brought you here? I'm Jimnyc's brother.

Picture? Not right now, no.

Name - Lea (That's PRINCESS Lea to you! or you can call me fuzzykitten)
Sex - Um, I'm not in the mood. Next time, try something called "foreplay".
Age - 25
Occupation - FT mom, wife, and office grunt, soon to be a bank grunt
Background info - I'm an ice fishin', hot-dishin', deer killin', beer-swillin', bona fide Minnesota redneck.
What brought you here? - I like to get the smack-down on the liberal commies!
Picture? - Sorry, none on this computer at this time. I may update later.

Name- Eddie
Sex- didn't have any for a long while, making up for lost time now
Age- 22
Occupation- sailor forward deployed in Japan, "conservative" human rights activist: full-time pain in the ass to dictators in North Korea, Burma, Sudan, Zimbabwe, etc etc.
Background- Army brat, college dropout, regular all around loser
What brought you here?- got bored on a duty day, went spastic after a week on the board, Jimnyc gave me a second chance and i've been good ever since. lots of smart folks on the board to learn from and debate with, kind of like a second family on the internet.
Picture- I don't feel like crashing the board...

Name: Jeff

Sex: Not recently...

Occupation/school: Graduated from West Point. Currently an analyst for DoD.

Background info: Born in TX, now live in Puyallup, WA (near Seattle). Married for three years. Have a (step)daughter, 12, and a son, almost one month old. My interests include football, reading, history, and theology. I've been a born again Christian since 1995.

What brought you here?: A former member of the board posted a link on Yahoo Boards, where I used to attempt to have mature discussions about politics.

Picture? Attached.

Attachments

• $jeff marley shirt.JPG
    $jeff marley shirt.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 122
Name: Darin

Sex: two nights ago

Occupation/school: DoD Program Analyst/Masters in BS from HardNox U.

Background info: Born in WA, now live in WA. Lived in Germany and Korea w/ the Army. Married, two kids -that didn't work out so I married a grown woman. Have two children, a girl 6 and boy 3. My interests include football, reading periodicals, driving, watching TV about history and theology. I've been a born again Christian since 1978.

What brought you here?: gop_jeff sent me an email with a link to the site.

Picture? Attached.

Attachments

• $darintruck.jpg
    $darintruck.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 124
Name: James in the "real world", but Jimmy does fine for the board.

Sex: Male.

Occupation/school: Quality Assurance for an airplane seat manufacturer.

Background info: Born in Dallas, raised in a small North Texas town. Served in the Air Force for four years. I've had my ups and downs financially, but am on an upswing at the moment (knocks wood).

What brought you here?: Google search. Actually, I just planned on blowing through while I was trying to stir up interest in a poll. Took a look around and decided to take off my coat for awhile. It was a welcome change from the increasing madness of Yahoo.

Picture?: Oh, you don't want to see my ugly mug again. Let's look at her instead.

Attachments

• $pretty.jpg
    $pretty.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 148
Name - James....or "Hawk".
Sex - Male
Age - 30
Occupation/school - Network Admin/Tech
Background info - Was born in Phoenix but my dad was in the Navy at the time and ended up in Oxnard, CA for most of my childhood (early grade school though High School). Went back to AZ for college at a community college then Arizona State. Although I wasn't a liberal back then by today's standards I certainly wasn't a conservative. I was ill informed and didn't care much about politics, so I definitely leaned left on social issues at the time, but was always pro-military.
After college I joined the Air Force. I learned more in the military then I ever did at college, thats for sure. Got out a few years ago and now working for the AF as a civilian.
Needless to say I'm a bit more conservative these days :beer:
What brought you here? - l'm one of the mazda guys ^^
Picture - me at a car show last year. I'm the 'Tool' in the middle :)

Attachments

• $ME001.JPG
    $ME001.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 155
Name: John, Johnney, hey you
Sex: sure?
Occupation/school: cable technician
Background info: mean, ugly, bad attitude
What brought you here? if i remember correct, Janeeng was spamming the yahoo boards and i surfed in
Picture? someplace

Name : Julien

Sex : Male

Occupation/school : Law student, 3rd year

Background info : I like history, Music, bass-guitar playing, reading, laws...I live in Aix-en-Provence, south of France. I voted YES to the referendum of the 05/29/05 about the Euro Constitution and i'm disappointed by the results.... ;)

What brought you here? I came here when 8236, a british member, contact me by e-mail about this board, we meet together on an other board, really worse than this one. I post first about the WWII commemorations, and i'm the french of the board, irritating, but giving an other point of view, sometimes wrong, sometimes right, about world's event and give an other vision of France, France's history and French (not well considered often here ;) ;) ). i'm enjoying to be here, the members are nice, even if sometimes there is some fights...Jim was particularly fair with me when i arrived, I thank him very much, and Kathianne nice with me too (plus USViking and some others). And I particularly appreciate the USViking's thread about History Quizz. Hope I give something plus on this board.

Picture? me (with the costume and the bass) and my band in one of our live show.

julien6cr.jpg

I figured this is the perfect thread in which to post my first post.

Name: Gary (you can call me Gary or Nightwish, I don't care)

Sex: As often as I can (seriously, male)

Occupation/school: BA in Psychology from University of Missouri Saint Louis; currently own my own company performing field work for various mortgage and insurance companies.

Background info: Not much to tell, really. I guess it'll develop as discussions ensue.

What brought you here? Someone posted a link to the site over at the ChiefsPlanet forums (a gathering place for KC Chiefs fans).

Picture? I don't have any of myself at the moment.

Nightwish said:

Occupation/school: BA in Psychology from University of Missouri Saint Louis; currently own my own company performing field work for various mortgage and insurance companies.

Background info: Not much to tell, really. I guess it'll develop as discussions ensue.

What brought you here? Someone posted a link to the site over at the ChiefsPlanet forums (a gathering place for KC Chiefs fans).

Welcome aboard. You can bet it will be a wild ride!

Nightwish said:

Welcome, Gary! Jump right in...

Name: Josie

Sex: female

Occupation/school: SAHM/ 3 yrs @ U of CIncinnati, BS in Marketing/ graphic design from Northern KY U

Background info: Married, four kids (2 girls, 2 boys). Born Rolla, MO. Grew up & reside in rural OH.
What brought you here? Member Trinity had been telling me to check out this site for a long time, and I finally did.

Picture? Sorry.

Nightwish said:

Welcome Gary.... Don't be shy :)

Nightwish said:

Hey, what part of St. Louis are you from? My family is all there! They're in Sappington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back