Intolerance: The San Francisco Treat

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
How proud Nancy Pelosi must be of her constituency! Must be great to serve (with energy and commitment!) as the elected representative of such people in Washington, D.C.

Intolerance, A San Francisco Treat
By Debra J. Saunders, San Francisco Chronicle
October 17, 2006

SAN FRANCISCANS may think of their town as a haven for tolerance, but once again, S.F. supervisors are showing the rest of America how intolerant "The Special City" can be. Forget a flower in your hair. If you come to San Francisco, be sure to wear a muzzle on your brain.

For full article:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/artic...ive/2006/10/17/EDG6PKDVMM1.DTL&type=printable

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Thanks for the ugly generalizations. And Apple, you are way off base to imply that all San Franciscans are like those in the article. Has there never been an example of intolerence in your community? Pale, I am sure that living in the state that is home to Clark County, the immorality rock that you threw at San Francisco was not difficult to find.

... you are way off base to imply that all San Franciscans are like those in the article. Has there never been an example of intolerence in your community?
until we see differently from the Land of Fruits, Nuts, & Flakes, how are we supposed to think otherwise? Why don't we see them or hear from them?

I am sure that living in the state that is home to Clark County, the immorality rock that you threw at San Francisco was not difficult to find.

I haven't heard the residents of Clark County run their mouths off and think they're experts just because they are on TV.

until we see differently from the Land of Fruits, Nuts, & Flakes, how are we supposed to think otherwise? Why don't we see them or hear from them?

I haven't heard the residents of Clark County run their mouths off and think they're experts just because they are on TV.
I was born and raised in San Francisco. You hear from me frequently. Anyway, thanks for the insult and your ridiculous generalization. Very thoughtful. And Nevada? Are you serious? Home of Reno, Las Vegas, and legal prostitution. Have you forgotten where Harry Reid is from? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Where are you from Fuzzy? Nevermind. I'm sure there has never been any intolerance in your home town.

I was born and raised in San Francisco. You hear from me frequently. Anyway, thanks for the insult and your ridiculous generalization. Very thoughtful. And Nevada? Are you serious? Home of Reno, Las Vegas, and legal prostitution. Have you forgotten where Harry Reid is from? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Where are you from Fuzzy? Nevermind. I'm sure there has never been any intolerance in your home town.
Um...I live (also born and raised) in the midwest equivalent of CA... Minnesota-the land where nothing is allowed. Though we hope to change that with more republicans elected to office. I have settled in a 98% conservative city of Anoka, 22 miles NW of Murder-apolis.

Thanks for the ugly generalizations. And Apple, you are way off base to imply that all San Franciscans are like those in the article. Has there never been an example of intolerence in your community? Pale, I am sure that living in the state that is home to Clark County, the immorality rock that you threw at San Francisco was not difficult to find.

We generalize because it's easy. Not all San Franciscans are haughty know-it-alls who refuse to tolerate opposing views, but from the way they vote and from what is seen, those kinds of people seem to be in the majority. Remember, San Francisco is the single largest source of smug in America, rivaling even Paris.

Thanks for the ugly generalizations. And Apple, you are way off base to imply that all San Franciscans are like those in the article. Has there never been an example of intolerence in your community?

San Francisco's Democrat liberal/secular reputation precedes itself, so intolerance is just one of the normal "virtues" expected from its overwhelming liberal majority, represented by their star in Washington, Nancy Pelosi. If you are offended by generalizations, you are free to refute Saunder's article or my comments about Nancy Pelosi with specifics.

And as far as intolerance in my own community goes, we have a large liberal university here. Every time they invite a conservative to campus to speak (very few and very far in between)that conservative is treated worse than dirt, not even as well as one would treat swine. And this is how they treat invited guests! If you happen to disagree with the "community" liberals here, they are just as bad as those at the university. But no one is really surprised by this--that's how liberals normally treat people with views opposed to theirs.

BTW, what do you think of San Francisco’s ballot initiative in the upcoming election to impeach President Bush and Vice-President Cheney? Who was responsible for that ballot initiative if it were not the city's overwhelming Democrat lib majority? My money says the ballot initiative will pass with flying colors. After all, isn't that what Nancy Pelosi and her lib cohorts in Washington have been preaching for quite some time now?

San Francisco's Democrat liberal/secular reputation precedes itself, so intolerance is just one of the normal "virtues" expected from its overwhelming liberal majority, represented by their star in Washington, Nancy Pelosi. If you are offended by generalizations, you are free to refute Saunder's article or my comments about Nancy Pelosi with specifics.

And as far as intolerance in my own community goes, we have a large liberal university here. Every time they invite a conservative to campus to speak (very few and very far in between)that conservative is treated worse than dirt, not even as well as one would treat swine. And this is how they treat invited guests! If you happen to disagree with the "community" liberals here, they are just as bad as those at the university. But no one is really surprised by this--that's how liberals normally treat people with views opposed to theirs.

BTW, what do you think of San Francisco’s ballot initiative in the upcoming election to impeach President Bush and Vice-President Cheney? Who was responsible for that ballot initiative if it were not the city's overwhelming Democrat lib majority? My money says the ballot initiative will pass with flying colors. After all, isn't that what Nancy Pelosi and her lib cohorts in Washington have been preaching for quite some time now?
No one is disputing Pelosi, just your nasty and outrageous generalization and sterotyping of the people of SF. I am conservative. I am from SF and I resent your statement. I do not appreciate the insult. Although, it does match well with the obnoxious tone of your most recent post. You said this: "Must be great to serve (with energy and commitment!) as the elected representative of such people in Washington, D.C." That is an ignorant generalization that demonizes all the people of San Francisco. Perhaps you are unaware of it, but there are many people in SF who did not vote for Pelosi, and we really dislike being sterotyped by people like you.

Well, in case you haven't noticed, politically the ultra left owns San Francisco lock, stock and barrel. They ARE the people who sent Nancy Pelosi to Washington, and they ARE the people she represents in Washington. I am totally aware that there may be a few conservatives--like yourself--who live in San Francisco, but there's not enough of them to buck the liberal machine. Even if you don't like it, Nancy Pelosi represents YOU in Washington; and for that, I am very, very sorry for you.

San Francisco has worked hard for the reputation they have, and its well deserved.

I lived in the North Bay for 30 plus years, and stood in awe of the goings on in that city.:bong420:

We generalize because it's easy. Not all San Franciscans are haughty know-it-alls who refuse to tolerate opposing views, but from the way they vote and from what is seen, those kinds of people seem to be in the majority. Remember, San Francisco is the single largest source of smug in America, rivaling even Paris.

and George Clooney. ;)

No one is disputing Pelosi, just your nasty and outrageous generalization and sterotyping of the people of SF. I am conservative. I am from SF and I resent your statement. I do not appreciate the insult. Although, it does match well with the obnoxious tone of your most recent post. You said this: "Must be great to serve (with energy and commitment!) as the elected representative of such people in Washington, D.C." That is an ignorant generalization that demonizes all the people of San Francisco. Perhaps you are unaware of it, but there are many people in SF who did not vote for Pelosi, and we really dislike being sterotyped by people like you.

Here's an idea, if you so detest being lumped in with the homo loving liberal majority in S.F., MOVE!

Forum List

Back