Into the Badlands…..pretty good if you can get past the initial setting of the story...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yeah, the action is really good…..think Chinese movie martial arts with western actors…..set in a future without guns so everyone has to use swords and knives to fight……

The setting is an American plantation style society with 5 Barons who control everything and use an army of trained swordsmen…..

Get past that oddity and the story is interesting…..

The one thing I immediately thought when I saw the guys with swords….this shows that the Wheel of Time series could be done for t.v……….

I liked it until I realized they cast a Russian to play a southern guy. I turned it off after that. That accent was terrible.

I liked it until I realized they cast a Russian to play a southern guy. I turned it off after that. That accent was terrible.

It is funny the way all these shows use Brits and other foreigners over American Actors…..it is even funnier when the stars and studios support tax increases on everyone else..then film their movies and shows in Canada…..

Just finished Jessica Jones.

Darker than most Marvel to date, and David (Dr Who) Tennant gets top honors as the villain.

I'll keep watching for a while, the fighting is great. Hopefully the story will improve as they go along, but I'm not all that hopeful.....this was created by the same guys who made Smallville.

Forum List

Back