Interracial Marriages Surge Across U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
its stupid to claim that any historical figure that no one has an image of was anything
you can use the words to discribe them if there is actually a record like that available

Be very afraud of the word stupid.

It's called "forensic science."

There is no mystery .. no magic required.

If they found your bones, do you think they would need magic to determine you were white?

The difficulty with the knowledge of the human journey is in the truth .. and minds resistant to that truth will find all kinds of detours and escapes from dealing with that truth. Religion does a real good job of it.

However, looking at it from the christian perspective .. if God made Man in his image .. then surely God must enjoy warm summer evenings sitting outside with his feet up eating some barbeque and grooving to Marvin Gaye.

Science is so cool.

Most likely due to the simple fact that the rest of us can't stand their kind so we just choose not to move there. Let em have the whole state so long as they leave the rest alone.

I see you're from Seattle .. the American capital of interracial marriages and relationships.

The list goes ..

1. Seattle
2. Seattle
3. Minneapolis
4. Los Angeles
5. Seattle

Most likely due to the simple fact that the rest of us can't stand their kind so we just choose not to move there. Let em have the whole state so long as they leave the rest alone.

Its very hard living here if your not mormon and like diversity...ha ha

Be very afraud of the word stupid.

It's called "forensic science."

There is no mystery .. no magic required.

If they found your bones, do you think they would need magic to determine you were white?

The difficulty with the knowledge of the human journey is in the truth .. and minds resistant to that truth will find all kinds of detours and escapes from dealing with that truth. Religion does a real good job of it.

However, looking at it from the christian perspective .. if God made Man in his image .. then surely God must enjoy warm summer evenings sitting outside with his feet up eating some barbeque and grooving to Marvin Gaye.

Science is so cool.
yes, science is cool
but this isn't an exact science

Then I feel sorry for you, perhaps you should ponder moving from that wicked state to something a little more tolerant.

Im doing more then pondering I have been actively looking into other states for relocation. The plan is next fall. So far we checked out Austin texas, colorado springs, colorado, Also on the list are North Carolina, California, Oregon. I am not sure where it will be yet. But I think it will probably be better then utah, Ive been in utah so long I dont even know what diversity is anymore. I feel out of touch with the rest of the world.:cool:

Unfortunately utah has no diversity on race, religion or politics

Utah - DP-1. Profile of General Demographic Characteristics:**2000

Actually, sections of Utah are quite diverse. Salt Lake City is a refugee resettlement point for Catholic Community Services, so there are refugees of every hue under the sun, and from all corners of the world: Somalia, Tibet, Afghanistan, Serbia, etc.

Salt Lake has the largest population of polynesians on the mainland, and a growing Latino population, as well as large populations of Thai, Viet, and Laotian people.

What it doesn't have is many African Americans. But, there is tons of diversity.

You just have to look for it. ;)

One of my favorite places to eat in Utah is a tiny little Tibetan restaurant on 13th south and State.

Last edited:
Actually, sections of Utah are quite diverse. Salt Lake City is a refugee resettlement point for Catholic Community Services, so there are refugees of every hue under the sun, and from all corners of the world: Somalia, Tibet, Afghanistan, Serbia, etc.

Salt Lake has the largest population of polynesians on the mainland, and a growing Latino population, as well as large populations of Thai, Viet, and Laotian people.

What it doesn't have is many African Americans. But, there is tons of diversity.

You just have to look for it. ;)

One of my favorite places to eat in Utah is a tiny little Tibetan restaurant on 13th south and State.

well where I live it is not diverse at all, its all white mormons in my neighborhood with a church and stake on every corner. :doubt:

the sugarhouse area has been torn apart with unfinished repairs and its where the gay community reside I very familiar with 13th & state but now all the shops are going out of business.

well where I live it is not diverse at all, its all white mormons in my neighborhood with a church and stake on every corner. :doubt:

If you don't mind me asking, what town do you live in? I used to live in Layton, Midvale, and SLC proper.

I live near provo lehi area and I own a house I dont rent so when i move i want to move out of state, I want my kids to see that other places are alot different.

the sugarhouse area has been torn apart with unfinished repairs and its where the gay community reside I very familiar with 13th & state but now all the shops are going out of business.

I'm pretty sure that House of Tibet is still in operation. I just looked it up online. There is also Cafe Trang for yummy Viet food, and Baba Afghan for Afghani food, and Koko Kitchen for yummy japanese. And, omg, chilequiles at Red Iguana.

It isn't all chuck-a-rama you know. ;)

I live near provo lehi area and I own a house I dont rent so when i move i want to move out of state, I want my kids to see that other places are alot different.

Lehi Roller Mill is where Footloose was filmed!!!! :)

Not the most diverse place on earth, though, you're right. Utah County is wonder bread country.

I'm pretty sure that House of Tibet is still in operation. I just looked it up online. There is also Cafe Trang for yummy Viet food, and Baba Afghan for Afghani food, and Koko Kitchen for yummy japanese. And, omg, chilequiles at Red Iguana.

It isn't all chuck-a-rama you know. ;)

yeah I know what your saying but Im talkling about everything , not just take a day and drive to the gateway or go to sugarhouse, Im just saying the schools and work environment everything out here, its just different then any other place ive ever lived. I want to move out of utah.

yeah I know what your saying but Im talkling about everything , not just take a day and drive to the gateway or go to sugarhouse, Im just saying the schools and work environment everything out here, its just different then any other place ive ever lived. I want to move out of utah.

I really miss Utah. But I think that it is the mormon thing that is so overbearing. Where I live, it is about 60% white and 40% black in my neighborhood, so there is actually more diversity here than in Utah, percentage-wise. But there are almost no other population groups: very few asians, hispanics, middle easterners, etc. So, to me at least, it actually feels LESS diverse than SLC did.

If you want more than just ethnic diversity, but also religious diversity, don't move to Colorado Springs. You'll be surrounded by fundy Christians. That's Focus on the Family country.

I do want religious diversity, since Im no religion it would be fun to live around a bunch of different religions.

I do want religious diversity, since Im no religion it would be fun to live around a bunch of different religions.
of the places you listed, only california meets that goal
and then it would depends on where in Cali

of the places you listed, only california meets that goal
and then it would depends on where in Cali

Yeah I just dont know where yet, maybe mount shasta some friend said its a cool place. Anyhow Im getting off the topic of the thread I suppose, Sorry. :cool:

Perhaps it's because most of us here just don't notice such minor differences.

I've lived in Seattle and I absolutely loved it. Not just for its scenic and natural beauty (Puget Sound, Mt. Ranier, 3 lakes within the city limits, every home with a spectacular view) .. but also because of its people. Part of the reason for its diversity .. true diversity, not just tolerance .. is because of the number of Canadians who live there. Canadians doi not come with the same phobias Americans have. Toronto, Montreal, and British Columbia are prime examples of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back