Internet troll jailed

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Internet troll jailed after “unbelievable callousness"

An internet troll who targeted the family of a man from Leicester over his death has been jailed for 14 months.

Paul Hind left comments on social media which mocked and insulted the family of Joe Tilley, who was found dead in Colombia.

The body of Joe Tilley was found near the bottom of the Fin Del Mundo waterfalls Mocoa city in the South American country after he had been missing for a week.

38-year-old Hind also insulted and trolled other people who had passed away and caused their families more heartache.

Hind admitted he carried out his crimes when he was “bored" and confessed after an earlier court hearing "I targeted dead people because perhaps I knew that deceased people could not fight back, which is a really cowardly thing to do.

I think we might see a lot more of this. What a piece of shit.

An internet troll who targeted the family of a man from Leicester over his death has been jailed for 14 months.

Paul Hind left comments on social media which mocked and insulted the family of Joe Tilley, who was found dead in Colombia.

The body of Joe Tilley was found near the bottom of the Fin Del Mundo waterfalls Mocoa city in the South American country after he had been missing for a week.

38-year-old Hind also insulted and trolled other people who had passed away and caused their families more heartache.

Hind admitted he carried out his crimes when he was “bored" and confessed after an earlier court hearing "I targeted dead people because perhaps I knew that deceased people could not fight back, which is a really cowardly thing to do.

It's not our business, but since you left it on US Message Board:

First, this is despicable and the man is a sociopath

Second, I will never understand the penal system in England, where you will be coddled and maybe, MAYBE kept for 15 years if you murder someone, but will be jailed for over a year for internet crimes.

But whatever. Not my circus, not my monkeys. Thank God.

Is this a bad time to bring up the Darwin awards.....???
darwin-awards-we-have-a-winner-31273918.png

Second, I will never understand the penal system in England, where you will be coddled and maybe, MAYBE kept for 15 years if you murder someone, but will be jailed for over a year for internet crimes.

By “internet crimes”, of course, what you mean is speech that some find disagreeable or offensive. Covered here in the U.S. as “freedom of speech”, and affirmed by our Constitution as a basic human right.

Suppression of speech was one of the reasons that we kicked the British out of our country more than two centuries ago.

Yes, the “troll” described in the article is a piece of shit, but so is anyone who would deny him his basic freedom of speech, to the extent of throwing him in jail for it.

By “internet crimes”, of course, what you mean is speech that some find disagreeable or offensive. Covered here in the U.S. as “freedom of speech”, and affirmed by our Constitution as a basic human right.

Suppression of speech was one of the reasons that we kicked the British out of our country more than two centuries ago.

Yes, the “troll” described in the article is a piece of shit, but so is anyone who would deny him his basic freedom of speech, to the extent of throwing him in jail for it.

In Florida, where I live, what the man did would be considered cyberstalking which is a crime. Here is the essence of the Florida Statutes on the subject:

"Cyberstalk" means to engage in a course of conduct to communicate, or to cause to be communicated, words, images, or language by or through the use of electronic mail or electronic communication, directed at a specific person, causing substantial emotional distress to that person and serving no legitimate purpose.”

'A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.”

“A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person and makes a credible and makes a credible threat to that person commits the offense of aggravated stalking, a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.”

The circumstances of the present case would make the stalking a misdemeanor in my State. The following link provides the general stalking laws for the various states.

Criminal Stalking Laws by State

`
Internet trolls are a problem everywhere, including this forum...especially.

You have a choice if you want to be here or not and trolling here is usually not going any further than here.

Once in awhile it does and the staff bans the troll usually.

I agree. Progressives love their Fascism. The more Progressive, the more Fascist

Forum List

Back