Internet Schooling for K-12

Why not?

Already there are a number of accredited private internet school options that fall under the the umbrella of homeschooling. But why not expand it to the public domain? I'm well aware of the 'socialization' arguments for assembled education, but in many ways sending children to school socializes them into either assholes or victims. And I have to believe it would drive down costs considerably.

So why not public internet schooling for K-12?
Whose going to stay home to take care of the kids while this internet school is in session?

We live in an economy where most families have to have TWO BREADWINNERS to keep their heads above water.

So why weren't educators saying that double-entry accounting should be mandatory for EVERYONE decades ago? Double-entry accounting is 700 years old. Every household should have been managed like a business, increasing NET WORTH. Instead we are brainwashed into being worker-consumers. Charge up those credit cards.

The mis-educational system helped create this economic problem. The US should have been on a 3-day work week by the 80s. Most Americans should have homes paid for by now. But our nitwit economists can't even tell us what we lose on cars designed to become obsolete every year.

Economic Wargames

The Accounting Game: Basic Accounting Fresh From the Lemonade Stand
Foolish Book Review: "The Accounting Game"

Cost of Living by Sheckley Robert
"Cost of Living" by Sheckley Robert Free Download. The book is added by Weavrmom (California) Read online books at OnRead.com.

psik

Why not?

Already there are a number of accredited private internet school options that fall under the the umbrella of homeschooling. But why not expand it to the public domain? I'm well aware of the 'socialization' arguments for assembled education, but in many ways sending children to school socializes them into either assholes or victims. And I have to believe it would drive down costs considerably.

Whose going to stay home to take care of the kids while this internet school is in session?

We live in an economy where most families have to have TWO BREADWINNERS to keep their heads above water.

So why weren't educators saying that double-entry accounting should be mandatory for EVERYONE decades ago? Double-entry accounting is 700 years old. Every household should have been managed like a business, increasing NET WORTH. Instead we are brainwashed into being worker-consumers. Charge up those credit cards.

The mis-educational system helped create this economic problem. The US should have been on a 3-day work week by the 80s. Most Americans should have homes paid for by now. But our nitwit economists can't even tell us what we lose on cars designed to become obsolete every year.

Economic Wargames

"Cost of Living" by Sheckley Robert Free Download. The book is added by Weavrmom (California) Read online books at OnRead.com.

psik

Has anyone ever sat down with you and had an honest discussion about what a remarkably huge fucking bore you are?

Don't feel alone.

Whenever a group has a discussion, there's always one that seems to contribute some highly personal blurb that has nothing to do with any particular portion of the thread, or has no general relationship to the conversation: I mean seriously, "educators" promoting "double entry accounting????"

:eusa_hand:

I hope that by posting on a message board you can somehow sharpen what appears to be one of the astonishingly dullest wits I've ever witnessed.

Economic Wargames

psik

Has anyone ever sat down with you and had an honest discussion about what a remarkably huge fucking bore you are?

Don't feel alone.

Whenever a group has a discussion, there's always one that seems to contribute some highly personal blurb that has nothing to do with any particular portion of the thread, or has no general relationship to the conversation: I mean seriously, "educators" promoting "double entry accounting????"

:eusa_hand:

I hope that by posting on a message board you can somehow sharpen what appears to be one of the astonishingly dullest wits I've ever witnessed.

YAWN

You have a long way to go to be as witty as your avatar.

Babylon 5 was great.

psik

GA has it, it's called GVA here. We homeschool but we don't use GVA, for the same reason we pulled them out of public school -math program stinks. We use Seton Homeschool because they're accredited, use Saxon Math and we're Catholic. As far as activities go, we're lucky to live in an area with an active homeschool community. The boys play league soccer, homeschool soccer, scouts and our whole family takes Tae Kwon Do, it's a lot of work but we're happy and the boys are thriving.

As I said in another thread about education, my three grandsons are in public school and have internet school each day. Their father learns what subjects the children are working on in school and ties their lessons to reinforce what lessons are done with more practice and testing for mastery.

I believe there are so many opportunities for parents to take the initiative to find how internet studies can enhance sometimes poor teaching in schools.

In addition to the reinforcement lessons, their father and they have an opportunity to learn about history of the US and the world. It's amazing to hear their conversations on what they have learned. Their grades are 1st grade, 4th grade and 6th grade. Middle school does not believe in giving homework., believe it or not.

The boys are also involved with baseball, football and travel ball. They never miss game night at home and new G movies coming to town. There's always more opportunities parents could use to make up for the downfalls of our society. The internet education is $15 a month!

Why not?

it may have kind of advantages like drice down costs, or something, but at the same time, it may stopping child to realize the real society and does not do good to their communication ability.

Why not?

it may have kind of advantages like drice down costs, or something, but at the same time, it may stopping child to realize the real society and does not do good to their communication ability.

:eusa_eh:

Um....how would internet schooling "does not do good to their communication ability?"

This proves that children do not need teachers to learn and do not need to be forced to learn with supervision. IF a child is old enough to be left home alone then internet schooling should work. Home schooling is usually done not by a teacher.

Last edited:
Let's face it, there are probably months of useless internet subjects mandated by federal, state and local agencies taught in schools. The biggest enemy of the liberal agenda is real education. A properly supervised home schooled kid can get ten times the education value of union schools.

Forum List

Back