Internet issues with graphics on websites...

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
I am having issues with my laptop not showing all the graphics and necessary buttons to navigate most websites. I have no idea why it does this. It does it even on this site. I find myself having to hover over where the buttons typically are to find them in order to move through the site or post/reply/whatever.

I have tried defragmenting, disk cleanup, and ran both of my virus scanners with updates. I even checked for updates with Java, and everything is running fine. I deleted most temp files, and ran through and even deleted any jpeg/bitmap files that I no longer use.

What is up with my computer?

fuzzykitten99 said:
I am having issues with my laptop not showing all the graphics and necessary buttons to navigate most websites. I have no idea why it does this. It does it even on this site. I find myself having to hover over where the buttons typically are to find them in order to move through the site or post/reply/whatever.

I have tried defragmenting, disk cleanup, and ran both of my virus scanners with updates. I even checked for updates with Java, and everything is running fine. I deleted most temp files, and ran through and even deleted any jpeg/bitmap files that I no longer use.

What is up with my computer?

How's the connection speed? You could be having a time-out issue.

fuzzykitten99 said:
its 11.0 mpbs...my wireless card signal shows 'excellent', which is the highest it will go. I have cable internet.

our desktop does not have this problem.
You try reinstalling or updating your browser?

fuzzykitten99 said:
how do I do that without erasing my 'favorites' list or deleting cookies that I want to keep?
Both are just folders you can copy to your desktop and then copy back after. A google search should tell you the exact location of them. Before you copy them back, though, see if there's a difference. If reinstalling solves the problem, but putting the cookies back breaks it again, you have your answer. I've never heard of cookies causing that problem, but you never know with those bastard things.

fuzzykitten99 said:
A while now...it's just now starting to get worse, and annoy the hell out of me. I can't even see anyone's avatars here, except mine. not that seeing them is a huge deal, it shows the problem...
Yeah I dunno, I'd try nuking your browser, or maybe trying a different one, like firefox.

The ClayTaurus said:
Yeah I dunno, I'd try nuking your browser, or maybe trying a different one, like firefox.
I know if I shut off the computer and completely restart it, it helps somewhat, but some sites still give me trouble.

I went and installed the service pack 2 for IE for XP and I really don't see a difference. I am still installing updates. Apparently, microsoft systems says I have like 35 updates needed...we'll see how that works, as it looks like it will take a few minutes.

fuzzykitten99 said:
I know if I shut off the computer and completely restart it, it helps somewhat, but some sites still give me trouble.

I went and installed the service pack 2 for IE for XP and I really don't see a difference. I am still installing updates. Apparently, microsoft systems says I have like 35 updates needed...we'll see how that works, as it looks like it will take a few minutes.

Updates are good for you :) Eat them up.

Mr. P said:
I say it’s screen resolution, make it smaller.
nope, not screen resolution. I haven't ever changed the resolution on this thing, and it worked fine before.

I did finally finish the updates. I thought I had my windows update thingy on, but I guess it wasn't, which explains the total of 35 updates needing to be done.

And...those seemed to have solved the problem. Hopefully this is permanently fixed...

fuzzykitten99 said:
nope, not screen resolution. I haven't ever changed the resolution on this thing, and it worked fine before.

I did finally finish the updates. I thought I had my windows update thingy on, but I guess it wasn't, which explains the total of 35 updates needing to be done.

And...those seemed to have solved the problem. Hopefully this is permanently fixed...
Odd, I never update and don't have problems like that.

Forum List

Back