Internet is too costly for many.

We take for granted somethings that others can't afford. We have basic TV, no premium channels and internet. Our bill just went up to 160... a month for basic TV, high speed internet, no phone on it, no DVR, and I got to thinking how many do not have internet due to not being able to afford it.

Most people do everything on the net, pay bills, shop, banking, read news, read about candidates for office, there is much free info on the net, socialization, kindle, many free pdfs books. Also SOS stuff, since very few SOS offices are around anymore, and less and less poor people can get photo ids to vote now days, as planned by the GOP controlled states.

If you don't think people are disadvantaged due to no internet think again. Its a must in todays world and those who are disabled or living on fixed income or low income can't afford it.

Its time to do something about the cost of internet. I think its time to Trump to do something about this.

bundled TV/internet/telephone plus equipment only runs me $194 under contract with comcast;. Add about $20 if you want no contract.

Been with the same service (or its predecessors) since 1984. Cable bill is the same as 10 years ago.

Internet with them since 2001. Price has doubled in that time, but I have top-of-the-line service/speed. No contract for either.

We take for granted somethings that others can't afford. We have basic TV, no premium channels and internet. Our bill just went up to 160... a month for basic TV, high speed internet, no phone on it, no DVR, and I got to thinking how many do not have internet due to not being able to afford it.

Most people do everything on the net, pay bills, shop, banking, read news, read about candidates for office, there is much free info on the net, socialization, kindle, many free pdfs books. Also SOS stuff, since very few SOS offices are around anymore, and less and less poor people can get photo ids to vote now days, as planned by the GOP controlled states.

If you don't think people are disadvantaged due to no internet think again. Its a must in todays world and those who are disabled or living on fixed income or low income can't afford it.

Its time to do something about the cost of internet. I think its time to Trump to do something about this.

$160 a month to have TV and and internet - what a bargain to be able to do everything on the internet.

And most telecoms have low income packages that are below that. There is no need for Trump to do anything.

Truly "basic tv" is free as long as you have rabbit ears. Cut the cable and you can get internet for about 20 bucks a month.

If you think internet service is too expensive, invest in a cheaper alternative or go without.

There is nothing Trump can or should do about it. That's unconstitutional. If congresses in the states or Washington have enacted laws that grant near monopolies to internet providers who charge too much, fire those politicians.

Where do you get internet for 20 bucks?

A quick google search revealed the following:

The Best Cheap Internet Providers | Speeds start at $20/mo.
The 7 Best Cheap Internet Service Providers
None of them are cheap and if they are chances they are not in your service area.

Just get off your butt and get wi-fi for free.

How??

Seriously?

Just go about anywhere..

Where do you get internet for 20 bucks?

A quick google search revealed the following:

The Best Cheap Internet Providers | Speeds start at $20/mo.
The 7 Best Cheap Internet Service Providers
None of them are cheap and if they are chances they are not in your service area.

Just get off your butt and get wi-fi for free.

How??

Seriously?

Just go about anywhere..

Nothing free if worthwhile.

bundled TV/internet/telephone plus equipment only runs me $194 under contract with comcast;. Add about $20 if you want no contract.

I just signed a 2 year contract and got it for 141. I have been with them since 1987. I should be a commercial for them and free internet for life. 32 years and I get nothing, except : you have had Comcast longer than I've been alive, some say.

I just signed a 2 year contract and got it for 141. I have been with them since 1987. I should be a commercial for them and free internet for life. 32 years and I get nothing, except : you have had Comcast longer than I've been alive, some say.
If they look up your search history they will probably drop you.

The same can be said about cars.
Should taxpayers be expected to buy everyone a car? How about their insurance? Gas? Repairs on the car?

People have more than others because they made smart decisions and worked for it!

Well, now that you mention it :banana:

I really dislike that companies reward new customers and screw over long-term customers with these teaser rates. I refused to resign a contract with comcast so I pay a little more. In the end, I plan on doing some shifting around. Will likely do away with phone and cable and just keep internet. We will see. I need to test drive some of the things like hulu and netflix first.

The lowest price I see for Comcast is $50/mo.

Not sure how that is unless you are in a very large market or a market with lots of competition. Unfortunately, until they finish fiber in my area, it is comcast, webtiv or nothing

So you want US to pay for your internet? GET A FUCKING JOB.... Go to Cuba and see how much of an internet you get there, dumbass. Stop making US pay for shit you're to lazy to work for. I am sick and tired of people like you, worthless fuck.

Many need the internet to get jobs now. We all need to start boycotting the internet companies, and force them to lower their prices.

Without the internet I wouldn't be able to work, much less look for work. Only thing worse than losing the internet is perhaps losing my life. Maybe I got that backwards.

Internet access should be a basic human right!!!

This was an aspect of the net neutrality hullabaloo that the internet got wrong. The obama rule was reversed because it had a chilling effect on expanding access into rural/small markets. Reddit's parent company just ran an extensive misinformation campaign for fear they would have to pay more for their streaming business, proclaimed it a censorship issue, and that spread like a cancer through the discussion spheres.

Forum List

Back