Internet freedom under attack

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
A Marion County judge has ruled, for the first time in Indiana, that news media outlets can be ordered by the court to reveal identifying information about posters to their online forums.

In rulings this week and last week, Marion Superior Court Judge S.K. Reid became the first judge in Indiana to rule on whether the state journalism shield law protects media outlets from being forced to disclose names of anonymous posters on their websites or other identifying information about those posters, said Kevin Betz, an attorney for Jeffrey Miller, former chief executive of Junior Achievement of Central Indiana.

Star must identify anonymous posters to website, judge rules | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

A Marion County judge has ruled, for the first time in Indiana, that news media outlets can be ordered by the court to reveal identifying information about posters to their online forums.

In rulings this week and last week, Marion Superior Court Judge S.K. Reid became the first judge in Indiana to rule on whether the state journalism shield law protects media outlets from being forced to disclose names of anonymous posters on their websites or other identifying information about those posters, said Kevin Betz, an attorney for Jeffrey Miller, former chief executive of Junior Achievement of Central Indiana.

Star must identify anonymous posters to website, judge rules | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

I sense another attack on the Constitution...

I cannot REP you as board rules prohibit...but this is a nice find. KUDOS!

Like here? You up in arms about this, too?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...eciting-pledge-of-allegiance.html#post3384957

I cannot REP you as board rules prohibit...but this is a nice find. KUDOS!

:cool:

It is an attack on Individual Rights. I say Fuck the Collective.

This is a result of a law passed under the former administration that made it a crime to anonymously defame a known person on the internet.

I forget how many Republicans voted for it...but they were in the majority at the time.

This is a result of a law passed under the former administration that made it a crime to anonymously defame a known person on the internet.

I forget how many Republicans voted for it...but they were in the majority at the time.

Yeah that sounds right.
Does everything have to be a party line split with you?

Yeah that sounds right.
Does everything have to be a party line split with you?
If it is a party line split, yeah, I think it is good to be informed.

Interesting read. I must say that it looks like an attempt to close a loophole in a law that predates the internet. Unfortunately, it seems that it was written by people that do not understand the internet and have no clue as to why there is a difference from calling someone on the phone and badgering them versus posting a note over the internet. If you remember some of the questions that were asked by the SCOTUS on the first texting case I believe that illustrates very well the ignorance of technology from the government.

Like here? You up in arms about this, too?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...eciting-pledge-of-allegiance.html#post3384957

What is the price of TEA in China For $1,000 Alex...

They may officially and legally want the names of those posting but the bottom line is big brother knows who you are.

Forum List

Back