Internet/e-mail wiretaps, more big brother?

zzzz

Just a regular American
Jul 24, 2010
Yountsville
The Obama admin is seeking to impliment new regs making it easier to eavesdrop on e-mail and social websites (and USMB) and encrypted messages. All in the name of national security and public safety. While the aim may be good it is another example of the governments intrusion into the personal lives of it citizens and can lead, without protections, to a police state like power. Something to watch for people.

Report: US would make Internet wiretaps easier | Top AP Stories | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

This story can't be true. Only George Bush would attempt fascist stunts like this.

Where's TM to debunk this?

Being on line is technically being in public, privacy is not guaranteed. E-mail on the other hand is technically private in so much as snail mail is considered private so the same rules and laws should apply.

Being on line is technically being in public, privacy is not guaranteed. E-mail on the other hand is technically private in so much as snail mail is considered private so the same rules and laws should apply.

So being online is public, Talking on a phone is private?

Strange.

The Obama admin is seeking to impliment new regs making it easier to eavesdrop on e-mail and social websites (and USMB) and encrypted messages. All in the name of national security and public safety. While the aim may be good it is another example of the governments intrusion into the personal lives of it citizens and can lead, without protections, to a police state like power. Something to watch for people.

Report: US would make Internet wiretaps easier | Top AP Stories | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

I wouldn't trust any power to this corrupt president who wants control of the airwaves and everything else. His goals do not include traditional American values. He only wants to see government controlled NPR as the only source of news his slaves can have access to. He would love to turn the First Amendment upside down and will search for a more indirect way to accomplish that goal and the demise of conservative talk radio. I am of the opinion he would find a way to implement the Fairness Doctrine, which during his fledgling days in office, said he would never do. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing...:eek:

Last edited:

you never should have posted this, you're on the list now pal.

Sirs; I denounce ZZZZZ as a provocateur , spreading misleading and hateful speech about our great leader.

JBeukema is also verbalizing counter-revolutionary dogma and proletariat sympathies.. ...

( that should cover me ..right?)

Last edited:

So being online is public, Talking on a phone is private?

Strange.

Phones are supposed to be inherently private since we no longer need operators to connect us. The internet is like walking outside your home on a virtual stroll or to run errands in "public" cyberspace. Like I said it's a technicality. While there are some similarities, once you pass the gateway (your provider) into the cyber world you're technically in public, anyone can see what you post or where you go unless you have private browsing capability and even that's limited.

you never should have posted this, you're on the list now pal.

Sirs; I denounce ZZZZZ as a provocateur , spreading misleading and hateful speech about our great leader.

JBeukema is also verbalizing counter-revolutionary dogma and proletariat sympathies.. ...

( that should cover me ..right?)

Buzzz! Wrong! You post on USMB and therefore you are labeled a provocateur!

This is bullshit. It was bullshit when Bush did it, it is bullshit now. I said so then, I'll say so now.

I won't be holding my breath waiting for all those Bush haters who screamed to the rafters when Bush did it to drop by and do the same now...

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
This one needs to be round filed.

I bet it will be the first bipartisan approved measure though.

Both sides working hand in hand on this one.
Dems can't say no because the head of the party wants it, repubs can't say no because it would bring back 9/11.

Time to think about living off the grid.

Dumb.

Personal liberty infringment: It's not just for republicans anymore.

Anymore? Hmmm... Who was the POTUS in 1994?

In the United States, phone and broadband networks are already required to have interception capabilities, under a 1994 law called the Communications Assistance to Law Enforcement Act. It aimed to ensure that government surveillance abilities would remain intact during the evolution from a copper-wire phone system to digital networks and cellphones.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/27/us/27wiretap.html?_r=2

Dumb.

Maybe so but I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the premise, just posting fact.
You have a problem with that take it up with the courts, not me bozo.

This what generations of sheep to the government has got us. anything for freedumb!

I can't wait for this country to fall apart and all the pussies that wanted the patriot act, fisa updates, dhs, tsa, and everything other piece big government legislation passed, just so they cold sleep a little better, get bombed to hell by some foreign country or shot by roving street gangs

The government can monitor what xotoxi says as much as they want to.

As long as Gunny protects my real identity, then I'm all set.

I'm counting on you, Gunnyboy!!!

Forum List

Back