Internet Comments Posted By Hasan Raised Concerns

After doing a bit more reading about this fellow, I suspect he had less of a problem with war in general, than war against Moslems...

Suspect reportedly upset about deployment

Hasan is a devout Muslim born in Arlington, Va., to Palestinian parents from the West Bank,

Hasan was promoted to major in July 2008, despite what military officials familiar with his confidential service record said was a poor performance evaluation, and was then told this year to report to Texas for duty. The call to serve in Iraq followed and, according to U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison — based on a briefing she received about the killings — Hasan "appeared to be upset about that."

In light of Thursday's events, Hutchison said, "There is a lot of investigation going on into his background and what he was doing that was not known before."

According to The Associated Press, Hasan had drawn law enforcement attention about six months ago with troubling Internet postings discussing suicide bombings and other threats.

Col. Terry Lee, who says he worked with Hasan, told Fox that Hasan had turned against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"He said maybe the Muslims should stand up and fight against the aggressor; at first we thought he was talking about how Muslims should stand up and help the armed forces in Iraq and in Afghanistan, but apparently that wasn't the case," Lee said. "He would make comments to other individuals about how we should not be in the war in the first place."

"He was hoping that President Obama would pull troops out," Lee said. "When things weren't going that way, he became more agitated, more frustrated with the conflicts over there."

I suspect in the coming days we will learn (albeit the MSM will be quite resistant) that Hassan's motive was religious in nature, rather than his being some kind of conscientious objector.

IOW, for Hassan, it was all about Big Mo---he fragged American soliders and civilians, on an American Army Base, all for Big Mo.

Disgusting.

Excellent investigative reporting, Jenny!

You must be proud! I bet that you could get a job for CNSNews or WorldNetDaily.

More troubling info on Hassan:

Troubling portrait emerges of Fort Hood suspect

WASHINGTON — His name appears on radical Internet postings. A fellow officer says he fought his deployment to Iraq and argued with soldiers who supported U.S. wars. He required counseling as a medical student because of problems with patients.

There are many unknowns about Nidal Malik Hasan, the man authorities say is responsible for the worst mass killing on a U.S. military base. Most of all, his motive. But details of his life and mindset, emerging from official sources and personal acquaintances from officials, and are troubling.

And this is quite interesting:

On a form filled out by those seeking spouses through a program at the mosque, Hasan listed his birthplace as Arlington, Va., but his nationality as Palestinian, Khan said.

"I don't know why he listed Palestinian," Khan said, "He was not born in Palestine."

It is becoming clear (to me) that Maj. Hassan knew exactly what he was doing.

And it is entirely possible he did not act alone, but that remains to be seen. At this point he is in the hospital, unconcious, on a respirator and not talking. I hope he lives...dying would be the easy way out on this. If he lives, we get (hopefully) some answers.....although I suspect we're not gonna like the answers too much.

After doing a bit more reading about this fellow, I suspect he had less of a problem with war in general, than war against Moslems...

Hasan is a devout Muslim born in Arlington, Va., to Palestinian parents from the West Bank,

Col. Terry Lee, who says he worked with Hasan, told Fox that Hasan had turned against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"He said maybe the Muslims should stand up and fight against the aggressor; at first we thought he was talking about how Muslims should stand up and help the armed forces in Iraq and in Afghanistan, but apparently that wasn't the case," Lee said. "He would make comments to other individuals about how we should not be in the war in the first place."

"He was hoping that President Obama would pull troops out," Lee said. "When things weren't going that way, he became more agitated, more frustrated with the conflicts over there."

I suspect in the coming days we will learn (albeit the MSM will be quite resistant) that Hassan's motive was religious in nature, rather than his being some kind of conscientious objector.

IOW, for Hassan, it was all about Big Mo---he fragged American soliders and civilians, on an American Army Base, all for Big Mo.

Disgusting.

It's better than anything I've seen YOU put up on this story. :D

Disgusting.

It's better than anything I've seen YOU put up on this story. :D

I'm letting you do the work on this as I'm not as proficient as you at jumping to conclusions.

the comments are on what he wrote....that is all....and the suggestion that ideas vented on the net should be given how much merit...

a group of friends and i plotted for almost a year....on the perfect way to rob an brink's car...hey we all have odd hobbies...should we have been reported?

Are you serious? Did you really plot a Brinks heist?

yes

Were your plans serious?

serious in that it was a plan that could be done and would be successfull

If they were real plans, hell yes you should have been reported.

why, it was simply no more than a 'book club' with a special topic

one thing this may bring into public eye...the number of non war deaths suffered by the military...accidental and training deaths etc

the comments are on what he wrote....that is all....and the suggestion that ideas vented on the net should be given how much merit...

a group of friends and i plotted for almost a year....on the perfect way to rob an brink's car...hey we all have odd hobbies...should we have been reported?

Are you serious? Did you really plot a Brinks heist?

yes

Were your plans serious?

serious in that it was a plan that could be done and would be successfull

If they were real plans, hell yes you should have been reported.

why, it was simply no more than a 'book club' with a special topic

Gotchya! ;)

*sits back and watches the sane try to figure out the motiviates of the insane*

Quite so. Interesting to see it rationalized by the parallel with the guy throwing himself on the grenade. Big difference in my book between giving your own life to save others and giving your own life to kill others. But then again I have problems with what he said and did on so many levels that it's pointless to consider them any further.

If he was the author it could show premeditation and treason. The military hasn't executed anyone in 30 yrs. Texas executes every week. Let him be tried in TX courts.

Nobody knows what this insane person meant in his writings, except he himself. To kill so many people, people who are suppose to be comrades of yours, is an act that can not be accurately explained. This can, and will be spun a million different ways by the media, and people alike. But the truth is, nobody owns the context of what this man said. Nobody can truly dictate what he meant when he wrote it. Finally, nobody will really know why he committed this terrible tragedy, no matter what he, or anyone else says. While the media scrambles for answers, let's remember that the acts of an insane man, are the acts without true reason!

Apparently, Mr. Hassan posted these comments online approximately 6 months ago. Certainly these comments are of concern (to me), especially in light of today's events, and they should have been of concern to his chain of command (if they were aware of them).

According to the article, these comments were brought to the attention of some un-named "authorities", but apparently no action was taken. Not sure what "action" could have been taken--absent inappropriate behavior/actions on Hassan's part at that point.

Having an unpopular geo-political view isn't a crime when one is a civilian--but having said view while being an active (and set to be deployed) member of the US military might be a separate issue that needs to be addressed. Somehow we need to find a way to stop these kinds of fraggings before more of them happen. This one is not the first carried out by a Moslem on active duty in the US military.

Internet Comments Posted By Hasan Raised Concerns - KTXL

By: Matthew Keys FOX40 News
The following are Internet comments reportedly made by Fort Hood gunman Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, which caught the eye of authorities and raised concerns as early as six months ago:

---

"There was a grenade thrown amongs [sic] a group of American soldiers. One of the soldiers, feeling that it was to late for everyone to flee jumped on the grave with the intention of saving his comrades. Indeed he saved them. He inentionally [sic] took his life (suicide) for a noble cause i.e. saving the lives of his soldier. To say that this soldier committed suicide is inappropriate. Its more appropriate to say he is a brave hero that sacrificed his life for a more noble cause. Scholars have paralled [sic] this to suicide bombers whose intention, by sacrificing their lives, is to help save Muslims by killing enemy soldiers. If one suicide bomber can kill 100 enemy soldiers because they were caught off guard that would be considered a strategic victory. Their intention is not to die because of some despair. The same can be said for the Kamikazees in Japan. They died (via crashing their planes into ships) to kill the enemies for the homeland. You can call them crazy i you want but their act was not one of suicide that is despised by Islam. So the scholars main point is that "IT SEEMS AS THOUGH YOUR INTENTION IS THE MAIN ISSUE" and Allah (SWT) knows best."

- Nidal Hasan's online comment

Anyone care to share their thoughts on this?

He points out that the SCHOLAR's main point is.... It would have been helpful to see the whole conversation. I have also heard American Jews say the same--these people should not be called "suicide" bombers--that they are murderers. But, as he rightly pointed out, they feel they are doing something honorable. I don't see that he is necessarily agreeing with this--just stating a fact.

Nobody knows what this insane person meant in his writings, except he himself. To kill so many people, people who are suppose to be comrades of yours, is an act that can not be accurately explained. This can, and will be spun a million different ways by the media, and people alike. But the truth is, nobody owns the context of what this man said. Nobody can truly dictate what he meant when he wrote it. Finally, nobody will really know why he committed this terrible tragedy, no matter what he, or anyone else says. While the media scrambles for answers, let's remember that the acts of an insane man, are the acts without true reason!

This insane man is still alive--and expected to live.

I have a feeling we'll get *some* kind of explanation for his writings. Even if its a pack of lies.

This insane man is still alive--and expected to live.

I have a feeling we'll get *some* kind of explanation for his writings. Even if its a pack of lies.
An explanation doesn't equal the truth, most of the time.

None of us, especially the media, can look at what this guy wrote and begin to even remotely translate it.

Forum List

Back