Internet access is now a “right”?

The Phone is next on the tech endangered species list. It does not make sense to speed its demise.

When do we stop expecting the government to pay for everything?

How long before I can expect the government to start paying my mortgage? After all, I am not "rich". How long before I can ask the government to start making my car payment for me? How about just paying my cell phone bill or my broadband access?

I have no problem feeding the poor, but when it comes to cell phones, internet access, car payments or mortgages; I'm sorry people make choices and if they are not willing to work for the conveniences of life... well then, they should not have those conveniences until they are ready to put out the effort to get them.

I've had to work for my own conveniences... you know, I need a boat! It is a necessity that I have a sailboat! The government should damned well have to pay for one for me because I can't afford one.

Immie

As I've said many times before, I don't think government SHOULD pay for "everything." But I do believe it has a responsibility to level the playing field when something like access to the Internet (or health care), or lack thereof, has the potential to affect every single American.

Your analogy of helping with someone's mortgage, I presume is because of the recent government assistance to help people stay in their homes. That's an extraordinary situation, my friend. With an unprecedented number of homes in foreclosure due to job loss, and other recessionary factors, to just allow people to become homeless would have been an ever greater drain on the federal government as more and more people look to the social safety nets. THINK!!

And your further analogy of a boat as a "necessity" is just plain silly. You surprise me.

The boat analogy is no more silly than expecting the government to pay for your cell phone and your internet access.

As for the examples of mortgages and car payments, that is all they were... examples. The government should not be paying mortgages or car payments and for now they don't, but those could be next. This whole bullshit is nothing more than the attitude that Americans have fallen in to that says the government owes us everything. That is BS!

Immie

Oh please. The Internet will fast become the only communication vehicle available. Boats? C'mon, Immie. Whatever happened to that thread of common sense of yours?

You're so transparent it's hilarious. Whenever you realize you've lost the argument, you retort with one of your infamous platitudes. [Finger-wagging]
Claiming victory doesn't make it so, self-righteous sob sister.

BTW, you really ought to learn the difference between a platitude and an epithet.

"No bigger asshole than you on this board", indeed.
:lol:

plat·i·tude (plt-td, -tyd)
n.
1. A trite or banal remark or statement, especially one expressed as if it were original or significant. See Synonyms at cliché.
2. Lack of originality; triteness.

ep·i·thet (p-tht)
n.
a. A term used to characterize a person or thing, such as rosy-fingered in rosy-fingered dawn or the Great in Catherine the Great.
b. A term used as a descriptive substitute for the name or title of a person, such as The Great Emancipator for Abraham Lincoln.
2. An abusive or contemptuous word or phrase.

Yep. Calling you an asshole was an epithet. Your point? Last word? Knock yerseff out, cowboy.

As I've said many times before, I don't think government SHOULD pay for "everything." But I do believe it has a responsibility to level the playing field when something like access to the Internet (or health care), or lack thereof, has the potential to affect every single American.

Your analogy of helping with someone's mortgage, I presume is because of the recent government assistance to help people stay in their homes. That's an extraordinary situation, my friend. With an unprecedented number of homes in foreclosure due to job loss, and other recessionary factors, to just allow people to become homeless would have been an ever greater drain on the federal government as more and more people look to the social safety nets. THINK!!

And your further analogy of a boat as a "necessity" is just plain silly. You surprise me.

The boat analogy is no more silly than expecting the government to pay for your cell phone and your internet access.

As for the examples of mortgages and car payments, that is all they were... examples. The government should not be paying mortgages or car payments and for now they don't, but those could be next. This whole bullshit is nothing more than the attitude that Americans have fallen in to that says the government owes us everything. That is BS!

Immie

Oh please. The Internet will fast become the only communication vehicle available. Boats? C'mon, Immie. Whatever happened to that thread of common sense of yours?

It will never become the only communication vehicle available. Ever hear of letter writing? How about the library? Talk about the loss of common sense.

Thanks to liberals the citizens of this country (rich and poor alike) have become a bunch of lazy-assed whiners that expect the government to do everything for them and give everything to them.

Even if the internet were the only means of communications, that does not mean that the government has to supply it to us.

Immie

There is a real easy way to look at this.

Would you accept government regulating the press?

Forum List

Back