International Travels

Okay I know you can't drink beer in the US until you're 21 but doesn't the US have its own naked women? :eusa_angel:

I think it's illegal in some of these here Southern states.:tongue:

I had a horrible experience in Kentucky.....I drove the rental car into....a dry county! I didn't realise it until the bloke at the motel apologised for not having a bar. Dry! I was horrified! I had to drive to the next county to get supplies. It was worse than being mugged on the New York subway! :eek:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha! I lived in a Dry city before....we used to have to drive over a causeway over the Bay in to the next town, where there was an appropriately placed liquor store right after crossing... on the round about (circle), to get any liquor of any kind.

And these were my formative college years so that was a pretty tragic situation back then, for my room mate and me!!!! MY, how life has changed for me!!! Thank God....or i would probably be dead honestly.... reminiscing is fun anyway.... :)

Care

Last edited:
hahahahahahahahahahahaha! I lived in a Dry city before....we used to have to drive over a causeway over the Bay in to the next town, where there was an appropriately placed liquor store right after crossing... on the round about (circle), to get any liquor of any kind.

And these were my formative college years so that was a pretty tragic situation back then, for my room mate and me!!!! MY, how life has changed for me!!! Thank God....or i would probably be dead honestly.... reminiscing is fun anyway.... :)

Care

When I got to the county line there were liquor stores lined up one after the other, it was like a production line. I went into the first one (I was worried in case they were going to close) and I got a b ottle of domestic champagne - I remember it still, it was Great Western from New York (I remember it because Great Western is a winery that produces champagne-style wine here in Australia). But my mission was good, it was our wedding anniversary....12 years later we were divorced but at least I didn't fail my mission back then on that anniversary! :lol:

Here is the offendng location - Carter County, Kentucky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Travel

New Zealand
United Kingdom (not Northern Ireland)
Republic of Ireland
France
Belgium
The Netherlands
Germany
Switzerland
Lichtenstein
Austria
Czechoslovakia (as it then was, the bit I visited is now Slovakia)
Hungary
Yugoslavia (now Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia (Kosovo), Montenegro and Macedonia)
Greece
Italy
France
Monaco
United States
Canada
Singapore
Thailand
Cuba

I won't count Mexico cos I only went across the border into Tijuana for beer and nekkid women :D

I forgot yugoslavia....we traveled there as well....mainly to buy our beef....the region of Italy where we lived had good pork but not beef...back then, before mad cow! :eek:

Forum List

Back