International Students

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
The ever-growing number of international students coming to the US to study are having an impact on education in largely positive ways. If nothing else, their presence may help some American students learn personally and directly about people they might otherwise not have met. This might help prevent some of the stupid stereotyping and generalizing that is seen here too often by posters who feel the futile need to defend their own ignorance.

Oh, and you can see in the article that more and more of these students are coming here to study in earlier grades than was previously the case, as I've said here a few times.

How international students are changing the 'rich Asian' narrative

They study how to fly jumbo jets without wanting to know how to land. And go to strip clubs. And try not the blend in.

Whats wrong with there education systems that they are leaving there own families and countries

Whats wrong with there education systems that they are leaving there own families and countries
I know in Japan they have to TEST just to get into Jr High and High School. Here they just need a good TOEFL score and money.

How do I know this? My wife a Student Counselor.

By the way the school in the article is for grades 9-12.

I know in Japan they have to TEST just to get into Jr High and High School. Here they just need a good TOEFL score and money.

How do I know this? My wife a Student Counselor.

By the way the school in the article is for grades 9-12.

Not always so simple.

All Asians should be taught to make sushi... or Toyotas.

Forum List

Back