Intermarriage incentive program: let's breed out the races!

Yeah. So I guess you're against all the various Bible belt states' having adopted those gay marriage bans?

Damn skippy. It's none of the governments business. I say the government should get out of the business of "marriage" altogether and go strictly with the term "civil unions". Since it seems that the bible thumpers main objection is actual use of the word "marriage". That should shut them up. The church marries, the government just recognizes civil unions for the purposes of the tax code.

Not quite the answer you were expecting, was it?

Well, since I elicited a more reasoned argument from my oppponent when I asked the question, your point has long since been moot.

Thats fine. But the point was not wrong.

Civil union would be fine. The problem and the fear of the so-called bible thumpers is the government would then declare it a violation of human rights to refuse to perform marriage ceremonies for same-sex couples.

Which is a violation of everything our constitution stands for...namely, that the state cannot dictate religion.

Huh?

That wouldn't be a violation of civil rights, even if the terminology did not change.

Churches can refuse to marry man-woman relationships now. Your post is a non-sequitor.

Churches can NOW. As soon as you make it a violation of civil rights to refuse to marry same sex couples, even done under cover of forcing the state to perform civil unions, you open to the door to force churches to comply.

That's the problem.

It's very similar to the movement of secularists to make certain phrases of the bible, and certain religious topics, deemed "hate speech". To control sermons INSIDE a church.

Churches can NOW. As soon as you make it a violation of civil rights to refuse to marry same sex couples, even done under cover of forcing the state to perform civil unions, you open to the door to force churches to comply.

That's the problem.

Yer post is still a non-sequitor. I wasn't advoctaing making anything a violation of civil rights.

Churches can refuse to marry people now, and they can refuse to marry people in the future. Big deal. No one's civil rights are being taken away, and no one is advocating taking away peoples' civil rights.

I'm confused as to how you can argue that the government stay out of marriage, and at the same time say people's civil rights aren't violated when the gov't is?

Why don't we just keep the races separate, Blacks only marrying Blacks, and Whites marrying whites.
I know many Black men and women that would not even think about marrying outside of the Black race.
Its not being racist , it just called preserving our Black culture and heritage. Just as there whites that
feel they need to preserve the White Race.
I don't want any parts of any Government interracial incentive program. Kinda reminds me of Slavery in the south , when White men were given the O.K. to rape Black women. It brings back bad memories.
It will never work.

Damn... how old are you?

I'm confused as to how you can argue that the government stay out of marriage, and at the same time say people's civil rights aren't violated when the gov't is?
uh, yes, you sure are confused

who is saying anything about civil rights?

Breed out the races ?

Hey why not .... providing I don't have to get hitched to any of them.

Never refused a fuck-fest yet.

Besides, I gotta do my bit fer race relations !!!

And, I don't mind raising their IQ .....

Come to think of it.....the IQ of our own Braindead Libs as well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back