CDZ Interesting

From what I've read, his brother strikes me as a bit of nutjob too. For instance, the man stated, "There's absolutely no way I could conceive that my brother would shoot a bunch of people that he didn't know." How many would have have shot were he to have known his victims?

I could say the same thing about my brother!

:eusa_think:
So about which of you should we concerned that you might "flip out" and start shooting masses of people? And will whichever of you it is be gunning for people whom you know or whom you don't know?

The bigger question is: would it be "a bunch of people" or a "small number of people"?
That is not a "bigger" question insofar as you or he must thus be pondering unlawfully killing any of them.

How do you know it would be unlawful? Maybe they are all in my house trying to steal my prized possessions.

(Or in my brother's house trying to steal his.)
Because the context of the conversation here is unlawful gun use and individuals using guns to involuntary kill/injure "mass" quantities of others. If it's not unlawful gun use, I wouldn't be party to the conversation and the thread wouldn't exist.

Who's home is invaded by hordes of people, or at least four at a time to steal someone's "prized possessions?" Moreover, do you really consider your "prized possessions" worth killing over? Seriously?

I suppose it could happen. If my prized possession was my children, yes.

Seriously? No. I don't have a gun and have no interest in owning one.
If my prized possession was my children, yes.

Hypothesis contrary to fact. Children, people, are not possessions.

You know, when I wrote the prior post, I thought, surely he's evolved enough not going to broach the odious and irrational "people as possessions" line. Sure as God made little green apples, that is precisely where you went.

That really doesn't answer the question I posed. Yes or no alone does. The gun qualifier pales by comparison for it establishes for yourself the option that you might consider your "prized possessions" worth killing for, albeit using an implement other than a gun.

With all of the noise put out by the gun control cultists since Vegas I thought it a good idea to point out some of the many errors in this debate:

Flashless, low noise weapons that do not set off alarms are available online assembled or in kit form.

Modifying the rounds to be KEWs is easy and doing so will take out light and some medium tanks.

That adds up to Paddock getting the wrong armament, what say you?
Low noise bullets are much reduced in powder charge and thus range is affected.

The Vegas sniper was going for volume of fire rather than accuracy.

This got him into 3rd place behind Bin Laden and McVeigh for mass murder in the USA.

3rd place is like kissing your sister.

No points for 2nd place either.

With all of the noise put out by the gun control cultists since Vegas I thought it a good idea to point out some of the many errors in this debate:

Flashless, low noise weapons that do not set off alarms are available online assembled or in kit form.

Modifying the rounds to be KEWs is easy and doing so will take out light and some medium tanks.

That adds up to Paddock getting the wrong armament, what say you?
I have a very efficient flashless, low-noise weapon.

BowStand2.jpg

It works real good.
... rather difficult to conceal it or reach out several hundred yards with it though.

From what I've read, his brother strikes me as a bit of nutjob too. For instance, the man stated, "There's absolutely no way I could conceive that my brother would shoot a bunch of people that he didn't know." How many would have have shot were he to have known his victims?

I could say the same thing about my brother!

:eusa_think:
So about which of you should we concerned that you might "flip out" and start shooting masses of people? And will whichever of you it is be gunning for people whom you know or whom you don't know?

The bigger question is: would it be "a bunch of people" or a "small number of people"?
That is not a "bigger" question insofar as you or he must thus be pondering unlawfully killing any of them.

How do you know it would be unlawful? Maybe they are all in my house trying to steal my prized possessions.

(Or in my brother's house trying to steal his.)
Because the context of the conversation here is unlawful gun use and individuals using guns to involuntary kill/injure "mass" quantities of others. If it's not unlawful gun use, I wouldn't be party to the conversation and the thread wouldn't exist.

Who's home is invaded by hordes of people, or at least four at a time to steal someone's "prized possessions?" Moreover, do you really consider your "prized possessions" worth killing over? Seriously?

I suppose it could happen. If my prized possession was my children, yes.

If my prized possession was my children, yes.

Hypothesis contrary to fact. Children, people, are not possessions.

You know, when I wrote the prior post, I thought, surely he's evolved enough not going to broach the odious and irrational "people as possessions" line. Sure as God made little green apples, that is precisely where you went.

That really doesn't answer the question I posed. Yes or no alone does. The gun qualifier pales by comparison for it establishes for yourself the option that you might consider your "prized possessions" worth killing for, albeit using an implement other than a gun.

Correct. Thanks.

Low noise bullets are much reduced in powder charge and thus range is affected.

The Vegas sniper was going for volume of fire rather than accuracy.

Loosely, yes; he bothered to do the bullet drop calculations and test firings over that range to the crowds to make sure he had his sights aligned correctly for the loads he was firing, so he had a general concern for accuracy. He also knew to spread his pattern out enough to hit close to 600 people.

This whole story is getting stranger day by day. The start and end of the shooting spree was in the hotel.

This whole story is getting stranger day by day. The start and end of the shooting spree was in the hotel.

True. This morning on the news, I heard that a security guard had gone up to his room, and he shot the guard in the leg a full SIX MINUTES BEFORE he broke out the windows and started shooting at the concert goers.

Then, he has a full 10 to 15 min. of free fire into the crowd, killing and injuring a lot of people.

It was a full 72 min after the initial 911 call from the concert goers before they breached the door and entered the room to find him dead.

My question is, if the security guard knew there was a shooter in that room (he had been shot in the leg), then why did it take so long for them to get to the room? You would think that within 10 min. of the guard being shot that the whole floor would have been crawling with cops.

True. This morning on the news, I heard that a security guard had gone up to his room, and he shot the guard in the leg a full SIX MINUTES BEFORE he broke out the windows and started shooting at the concert goers.

Then, he has a full 10 to 15 min. of free fire into the crowd, killing and injuring a lot of people.

It was a full 72 min after the initial 911 call from the concert goers before they breached the door and entered the room to find him dead.

My question is, if the security guard knew there was a shooter in that room (he had been shot in the leg), then why did it take so long for them to get to the room? You would think that within 10 min. of the guard being shot that the whole floor would have been crawling with cops.

Great question and I wish I had a great answer.

Because there is a lot more to this story than being told.

Because there is a lot more to this story than being told.

That's why I usually wait a while after these tragedies to start forming opinions; apparently the Mandalay's security force isn't large, or a swarm of the guard's buddies would have been crawling all over that floor.. LV, and Nevada, is a fairly close knit state politically, and they tread carefully on stuff like this. they aren't like other places, where they start throwing out stuff left and right without weighing consequences.

Forum List

Back