interesting teachers, your choice

Sep 12, 2008
One of the weird and wonderful facts of literature is the that Stephen King used to teach High school English. I wonder what it would have been like to study English in his class. I am sure the kids in that classroom would have learned a lot about Lovecraft.

What brought this on, is I am reading Pratchett's Hogfather. Death's Granddaughter, Susan, is a nursery governess. She has an interesting style of education

She also showed up in "A thief of Time" where she taught primary grades. Again, a unique teaching style.

What fictional or real life teachers do you find most interesting?

One of the weird and wonderful facts of literature is the that Stephen King used to teach High school English. I wonder what it would have been like to study English in his class. I am sure the kids in that classroom would have learned a lot about Lovecraft.

What brought this on, is I am reading Pratchett's Hogfather. Death's Granddaughter, Susan, is a nursery governess. She has an interesting style of education

She also showed up in "A thief of Time" where she taught primary grades. Again, a unique teaching style.

What fictional or real life teachers do you find most interesting?

Surprisingly when it comes to attitude I like "Mr. Chips", "To Sir, With Love", and "The Dead Poets Society".

Real life methods: Harry Wong and my best friend, Sandy.

Oh, I forgot Ecchi Onizuka from GTO and Kumiko Yamaguchi from Gokusen.

They are both pretty much the anti Mr Chips. I think the kids learned more useful stuff in GTO than than they did in Mr Chips.

Oh, I forgot Ecchi Onizuka from GTO and Kumiko Yamaguchi from Gokusen.

They are both pretty much the anti Mr Chips. I think the kids learned more useful stuff in GTO than than they did in Mr Chips.

Ah but when it comes to teachers and how they teach, that is the deal. It's personal, what works for one, will not work for another.

Forum List

Back