Interesting Statistic

Under extreme stress finer motor skills like aiming go out the window. A 90% shooter on the line becomes a 10% shooter under fire. I am surprised their hit rate is as good as it is.
Now, so what? How is this relevant at all to anything?

do you really need it explained to you, numbnuts?

do you want a *10% shooter* opening up in a roomful of kids?

What is your alternative, shit-for-brains?

Under extreme stress finer motor skills like aiming go out the window. A 90% shooter on the line becomes a 10% shooter under fire. I am surprised their hit rate is as good as it is.
Now, so what? How is this relevant at all to anything?

Isn't it remarkable?

And we never get the satisfaction of a gentlemanly retraction.

That's because you're too stupid to know you're wrong.

What is your solution to school shootings? Bigger "no guns" signs?

Isn't it remarkable?

I'm fine with heightened security at the doors at all times and having the doors getting into the school locked at all times with a key code required to enter.

Both of those things are much better ways to alleviate the problem than to arm people whose job it is to educate and charge them with the defense of the school.

Isn't it remarkable?

I'm fine with heightened security at the doors at all times and having the doors getting into the school locked at all times with a key code required to enter.

Both of those things are much better ways to alleviate the problem than to arm people whose job it is to educate and charge them with the defense of the school.

I believe the doors were locked at Sandy Hook. What is that going to do with someone determined to get in? A guy with a shotgun and slugs would have no problem getting in.
Anotehr failed solution.

I believe the doors were locked at Sandy Hook. What is that going to do with someone determined to get in? A guy with a shotgun and slugs would have no problem getting in.
Anotehr failed solution.

Not if there is an armed guard or two inside the school in charge of letting people in.

Your shotgun armed assailant who has to blow out locks and then pull the door down would be killed before he could step 3 feet inside the school.

Anotehr failed solution.

Not if there is an armed guard or two inside the school in charge of letting people in.

Your shotgun armed assailant who has to blow out locks and then pull the door down would be killed before he could step 3 feet inside the school.
Not if he got in first.
But nice to see you supporting the NRA.

Anotehr failed solution.

Not if he got in first.

He's not getting in first......

He's not blowing out locks, tearing down the door, and getting inside when there are armed guards on the other side of the door without getting killed.

You've seen too many movies.

Not if he got in first.

He's not blowing out locks, tearing down the door, and getting inside when there are armed guards on the other side of the door without getting killed.

Me.
Yeah. He's just going to announce himself and come strolling up to the door with a shotgun while Rambo the underpaid security guard whips out his 68 Magnum and blows him away.
And I've been seeing too many movies.

Not if he got in first.

Me.
Yeah. He's just going to announce himself and come strolling up to the door with a shotgun while Rambo the underpaid security guard whips out his 68 Magnum and blows him away.

Yeah ... pretty much, you have.

Go find a building with a heavy key code entry door and your shotgun with slugs and tell me how long it takes you to get in blasting thru it.

Me.

Go find a building with a heavy key code entry door and your shotgun with slugs and tell me how long it takes you to get in blasting thru it.

No need to. I can get into any building by following the crowd. I dont even need to get in. Just start shooting at pick up time.

Me.

No need to. I can get into any building by following the crowd. I dont even need to get in. Just start shooting at pick up time.

No, you can't get in "by following the crowd" ... you're going to look awfully suspicious among a bunch of teenages walking in but yes, if you want to post up somewhere outside and just start shooting you can kill a lot of people at the beginning and end of the day.

An armed teacher will be just as useful as an armed guard in that scenario.

You are never going to prevent it from ever happening, you can only take measures that make it more difficult.

A heavy locked door with a key code and armed guards inside in charge of letting people in or out is a much better preventative measure than arming Miss Davis. By the time it comes down to Miss Davis to save the day the assailant is already inside shooting the place up.

No, you can't get in "by following the crowd" ... you're going to look awfully suspicious among a bunch of teenages walking in but yes, if you want to post up somewhere outside and just start shooting you can kill a lot of people at the beginning and end of the day.

You are never going to prevent it from ever happening, you can only take measures that make it more difficult.

A heavy locked door with a key code and armed guards inside in charge of letting people in or out is a much better preventative measure than arming Miss Davis. By the time it comes down to Miss Davis to save the day the assailant is already inside shooting the place up.

You haven't thought about this very hard, have you? How did Dylan Klebold manage to get inside his school?

You haven't thought about this very hard, have you? How did Dylan Klebold manage to get inside his school?

No, I've thought it thru just fine. Like I said there is no perfect solution, only preventative measures.

Did Columbine have a heavy key code locked door with armed guards controlling entry?

I heard a radio show caller say that when police discharge their firearms while on duty, the rate at which they hit their target is less than 1 in 3.

I researched and found data on NYC that puts it at 34%.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/08/nyregion/08nypd.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I found that to be interesting and relevant to a discussion of arming teachers in schools.

The Study is Bogus as it does not consider that Cops, Often fire a warning shot. It simply counted the number of Shots fired, to number of perps hit, and did not consider at all warning shots.
Wrong, it is against EVERY regulation in the NYPD to fire a warning shot. You do NOT discharge your weapon unless you are firing at a target, period. My dad was a 25yr veteran of the NYPD and I grew up surrounded by NYC Cops. Who would think NYPD officers fire waring shots in a city filed with hundreds skyscapers, thousands of buildings and millions of people? Where exaclty would you fire this waring shot at? Up in the sky, where it can go through granny's window and hit her in the head while she's drinking her tea, or come back down 6 blocks away and hit some hot dog vendor in the head? Into the ground, so that it can ricochet off the concrete and hit some kid two blocks away? No, The NYPD does not fire "warning" shots.

They do the same shit when they say if you own a gun you are more likely to be killed by it, than you are to use it in self defense. In that case, they include suicide by guns in their stats, and they only count it as used in self defense if the gun is actually discharged, if you just brandish it and don't have to shoot, they didn't count that.

The Left has real issues with the actual facts on this issue. The left is not interested in facts, just propoganda but I would be willing to guess a 34% hit rate is probably average in police officer shootouts. Shooting in combat condtions is not the same as a day at the range, or plinking at bottle in your back yard, and most police officers have never fired their weapons other than on the range. We will see a much higher hit rate as the Iraq/Afghanistsan vets start to populate the PD's around the nation, as they ARE used to firing under combat condtions.

Last edited:
They would fire a warning shot when there is violence and no guns, imo. To try to break it up or what-not

Wrong. What do you think happens to those bullets they fire as warning shots? A .22 can go about 2,000 yards, that's 20 football fields, and if fired straight up, means it comes back down with enough velocity to kill someone it hit, and cops used .38's, now .40's and 9mm's, all heavier and higher velocity rounds. You do NOT fire a 'warning" shot in any built up area because that warning shot has the potential of coming down if fired up into the sky and killing or wounding someone a mile away, or if fired into the gound in a city, of ricocheting off the sidewalk, and again, killing or wounding an innocent bystander maybe blocks away, or if fired straight ahead of hitting someone blocks away. Cops anywhere but maybe out in the most unpopulate, rural areas are forbidden to fire "warning" shots for this very reason. If their life, or the life of an innocent is not being threatened, they will not fire any shots, and if they feel either is threatened, they are trained to fire AT THE TARGET, until the target no longer poses a threat. This ain't Matt Dillon and the wild west, warning shots aren't fired, and you never shoot to "wound". Multiple rounds to center of mass, period.

The NYC Police need to go to Front Sight.

This is my 50 shots at 50 feet

crusaderfrank-albums-usmb-members-picture5452-50-at-50.jpg

Whoa! You are really, really cool!

Cool? I would have said proficient, much like a good carpenter is proficient with their hammer, or a good mechanic is proficient with their wrench. Liberals have some really screwy ideas when it comes to firearms. They think they're "cool" they think they're extensions of their penises, and on and on. when they're just another tool that takes some decent eye to hand co-ordination and a good amount of practice to become proficient with.

The NYC Police need to go to Front Sight.

This is my 50 shots at 50 feet

crusaderfrank-albums-usmb-members-picture5452-50-at-50.jpg

Whoa! You are really, really cool!

Cool? I would have said proficient, much like a good carpenter is proficient with their hammer, or a good mechanic is proficient with their wrench. Liberals have some really screwy ideas when it comes to firearms. They think they're "cool" they think they're extensions of their penises, and on and on. when they're just another tool that takes some decent eye to hand co-ordination and a good amount of practice to become proficient with.

Sarcasm meter broken? Never had one?

Forum List

Back