Interesting Statistic

The NYC Police need to go to Front Sight.

This is my 50 shots at 50 feet

crusaderfrank-albums-usmb-members-picture5452-50-at-50.jpg

Last edited:
I heard a radio show caller say that when police discharge their firearms while on duty, the rate at which they hit their target is less than 1 in 3.

I researched and found data on NYC that puts it at 34%.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/08/nyregion/08nypd.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I found that to be interesting and relevant to a discussion of arming teachers in schools.

The Study is Bogus as it does not consider that Cops, Often fire a warning shot. It simply counted the number of Shots fired, to number of perps hit, and did not consider at all warning shots.

They do the same shit when they say if you own a gun you are more likely to be killed by it, than you are to use it in self defense. In that case, they include suicide by guns in their stats, and they only count it as used in self defense if the gun is actually discharged, if you just brandish it and don't have to shoot, they didn't count that.

The Left has real issues with the actual facts on this issue.

I heard a radio show caller say that when police discharge their firearms while on duty, the rate at which they hit their target is less than 1 in 3.

I found that to be interesting and relevant to a discussion of arming teachers in schools.

I read a statistic that when an armed coward runs into a school and starts shooting at unarmed helpless targets, he kills many of his victims without fear of retaliation and the rest of the country mourns and ask the simple question WHY!

Do cops fire warning shots? They don't around here. When they draw their weapons, they fire at a target. That's how they're trained.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

The Study is Bogus as it does not consider that Cops, Often fire a warning shot. It simply counted the number of Shots fired, to number of perps hit, and did not consider at all warning shots.

They do the same shit when they say if you own a gun you are more likely to be killed by it, than you are to use it in self defense. In that case, they include suicide by guns in their stats, and they only count it as used in self defense if the gun is actually discharged, if you just brandish it and don't have to shoot, they didn't count that.

Please tell me where you got the idea that cops often fire warning shots? A link would be nice... Last I checked every cop I've ever known was taught to shoot to kill.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WalZfJJyUsI]Bruce Springsteen: American Skin (41 Shots) - YouTube[/ame]

Bruce Springsteen- American Skin(41 Shots)

The police do NOT fire warning shots.

What goes up...must come down. And it comes down at the same speed it went up.

Last edited:
They would fire a warning shot when there is violence and no guns, imo. To try to break it up or what-not

They would fire a warning shot when there is violence and no guns, imo. To try to break it up or what-not

NYPD are trained to NOT fire a warning shot and they are trained to NOT fire to wound. They are trained to fire to kill or dont fire at all.

I always wondered how many of those Al-queda types die when they shoot hundreds of rounds in the air during a celebration.

here's a stat: No white person has run the hundred meter under 10 flat

that makes white people athletically disadvantaged....

And using the "womens exam vs mens exam for fiew departments" premise.....

White men should be given a head start in the olympics.

I always wondered how many of those Al-queda types die when they shoot hundreds of rounds in the air during a celebration.

Yeah. Whenever I see a bunch of yahoos shooting their guns in the air in the Middle East, I always wonder where those rounds are landing.

cops never fire a warning shot

Yeah. Whenever I see a bunch of yahoos shooting their guns in the air in the Middle East, I always wonder where those rounds are landing.

Israel?

Forum List

Back