Interesting post fom another board...

AVAILABLE NOW FROM $101,500* OR $1658/MO LEASE** WITH $9,900 DEPOSIT *Includes $7,500 Tax Incentive
My 2004 Doge Ram, which is paid for, gets about 18 mpg and I fill it up about 5-6 times a month. It usually takes a bout 20-22 gallons each fill up, that's about 60 bucks. Multiply that by 6, $360 a month, $4,320 a year.

That Tesla is $101,500 (Cars.com says 109,000 to 128,500) so with that money I would be able to fill up my truck, at todays' gas prices, for at least 23.5 years. Plus, I can haul and tow almost anything with my truck. :D Try that with that little Tesla suicide machine.

I think I'll wait for ten years or so for the technology to mature and prices to drop.

Crash-test Ratings, Recalls & Consumer Reviews for the 2010 Tesla Roadster

[youtube]R2b9aW1qE9E[/youtube]
The roadster is an expensive toy. It's a proof-of-concept platform. It'll be years before solely-electric vehicles are practical and affordable.

Which science is that? The science that says the electricity in your wall socket that you plug your electric car into doesn't magically appear there, that it has to be generated somewhere else, with a 50/50 chance that it's derived from burning coal?

At the momment that may be true but alternatives exsist and will continue to be developed.

In the future you willl be able to plug your car into a meter in every parking place instead of a parking meter.

Charge while you park at work and at home.

If every house had solar and wind capability things would be VERY different.

Here is Covered Parking and a Recharger

solar.png

How much does that cost? Plus, you will still have to pull power from the grid during bad weather.

At the momment that may be true but alternatives exsist and will continue to be developed.

In the future you willl be able to plug your car into a meter in every parking place instead of a parking meter.

solar.png

How much does that cost? Plus, you will still have to pull power from the grid during bad weather.

Not to mention you still have a car that is useless to most of the Population because of its limited range, and utility.

I recently got an estimate to put Solar panels on my roof. Going off that I would bet that Car port charger there cost about 10 to 12 GRAND. To put panels on just one side of my roof, and install everything else you need to make it work. 16,560 Bucks.

Needless to say I am currently still with out Solar power.

Last edited:

solar.png

Not to mention you still have a car that is useless to most of the Population because of its limited range, and utility.

I think that describes most high end luxury sports cars.

Really, the Tesla seems to be on par with other, gasoline powered, cars of the same genre.

An expensive toy.

I recently got an estimate to put Solar panels on my roof. Going off that I would bet that Car port charger there cost about 10 to 12 GRAND. To put panels on just one side of my roof, and install everything else you need to make it work. 16,560 Bucks.

Needless to say I am currently still with out Solar power.
There are all kinds of websites out there showing you how to make hot water with solar. Much easier and cheaper than making electricity. Return on investment far sooner.

It's pretty clear that the goal isn't just to get us off fossil fuels...the goal is to get us out of our cars.

Only the rich will be able afford an automobile.

This may sound like a conspiracy but at this point an time in my life things that are happening have not changed my mind. They want the American people to stay put. They want to stop us from being able to congregate together. You cannot believe the news media, so to keep people in the dark as to what is going on they want to restrict our travel.

your insane

Right of course you're insane. But anyway what is incorrect with what I said? When I say restrict I mean make it more costly or incovenat for people to travel

I swear to the fucking kangaroo gods that the funniest damn thing you can do is ask an enviro-lib how the fuck electric cars help cut down on co2.

Huh...wha? electricity comes from a plug not ... uh ... you know what I mean .. uh ... oh fuck I dropped my one hitter... :cuckoo:

:lol::lol::lol:

Electric vehicles don't eliminate pollution; they merely relocate it. And given the toxic materials used to make the batteries, they're more hazardous to the environment than fuel-burning engines.

That's not entirely true. It is true that even in an emission free strictly electric vehicle, you are most likely consuming electric made from fossil fuels. However, the grid does not work as simplistically as that. More power used does not necessarily mean more fuel being burned - It's more of a plateau. Moreover the power plant is far more efficient per U/M than an internal combustion engine that only powers one vehicle.

Ever had to rent a commercial generator to provide power to a home or building? If you had you'd see what I mean...

While a zero-emission vehicle is not really so due to the source of power, you will save money and reduce your carbon footprint if you can stand the rather short running time between charges.

I am sane enough to admitt a mistake.

Now link us up to any time you admitted to making a mistake.

you only admitted it right here.....i was in that thread..... you disappeared......

and Dive has admitted before when he was wrong.....the difference between him and you.....he did it in the thread he made the mistake in....not a week later in another thread.....

I am sane enough to admitt a mistake.

Now link us up to any time you admitted to making a mistake.

you only admitted it right here.....i was in that thread..... you disappeared......

and Dive has admitted before when he was wrong.....the difference between him and you.....he did it in the thread he made the mistake in....not a week later in another thread.....
and in the POST i made the mistake

I swear to the fucking kangaroo gods that the funniest damn thing you can do is ask an enviro-lib how the fuck electric cars help cut down on co2.

Huh...wha? electricity comes from a plug not ... uh ... you know what I mean .. uh ... oh fuck I dropped my one hitter... :cuckoo:

:lol::lol::lol:

^^ Post 89.

Do I need to get supporting documentation or will you just take my word for it? (take my word for it)

I have always admitted mistakes on here and have done it several times.

You people just pretend I dont.

I have yet to see a con on here own up to their mistakes.

no you havent.....and there have been many righties here who admit mistakes when it happens.....maybe your problem is YOU pretend they didnt...

There they go denying science

Which science is that? The science that says the electricity in your wall socket that you plug your electric car into doesn't magically appear there, that it has to be generated somewhere else, with a 50/50 chance that it's derived from burning coal?

But, but, but the poor people (and in California the middle class) mainly live in apartments.
How prey tell do you get windmills and solar power to them? Also most neighborhoods do not allow windmills unless you have at least an acre and the setback even then is usually around 50-60 feet. Also who's going to spend the BILLIONS of dollars to wire all those parking lots? Paying the bill will be interesting as well.

Hate to tell you truthiness but you are the uninformed here.

As an ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, I can tell you that electric cars are not viable

Either short term or long term, electric cars are a pipe dream. Conversion of electrical energy to mechanical energy in an automobile is highly inefficient.

How does he explain this?

models_bythenumbers.png

Model S | Tesla Motors

It hasn't been built yet. Not expected till 2012. Even then the electricity still comes from fossil fuels so while the tailpipe might not emit it still pollutes more than a well maintained ICE automobile. Oh yeah that 50K price tag puts it out of the reach of 90% of the population of the US. And don't forget the 30K battery replacement charge if the vehicle actually lasts that long.

There are dozens of vehicles that use an ICE and pollute LESS than a Tesla and cost around 20K or less.

101,000 dollars and as stated before a well maintined vehicle with an ICE pollutes less. Oh yeah that price tag puts it out of reach of 99% of the population of the US. Power to the PEOPLE!

Riiiiight!

So's a Ferrari.

As I stated earlier, the Tesla vehicles seem to be down the line comparable to high end luxury sports cars. Price, range, luxury....well, the Tesla's DO outperform when it comes to acceleration though.

It is the right who constantly denies science.

From global warming to evolution.

You rewrite history and spew hate on higher education all the time.

Meanwhile the righties on this thread are actually discussing the science and the impacts of different energy options while you prattle on about how they deny and don't like science.

Reality doesn't intrude into your worldview very often, does it?
she is totally oblivious to reality

totally.....unless....she twists the hell out of it....and makes it a....."Truthwillbeonlyifigettodothetwistingmatters".....

Forum List

Back