Interesting Poll

Let's put on out 'rational choice' hat and think about this for a minute. Did Iraq have WMDs as advertised by the war spin ministers, No. Why, because there were many blockades of material, knowledge, and it was not in Saddam's interest (RC). He lost the Gulf War badly and his conflict with Iran was a disaster as well. Did Saddam want to lose power, again we have on our RC hat. No. He was actually controlled and the wiser descison would have been to leave him alone so long as he did not engage in mass murder.

So move over to Iran, does anyone in their right mind want to be blown to kingdom come over WMDs, nuclear this time, surely not, Israel would smoke them. So I think the 18% have it right.

As far Bush/Cheney, they lost credibility long ago, debating that seems senseless at this point.

Sorry, I'm with the other than the tinfoil 18%.

Bush's problem is that he's trying so desperately to save himself.
He broadly hinted at WW III.
He knew about the sixteen unanimous intel agencies' agreement on Iran and nuclear weapon development BEFORE meeting with ME delegates at Annapolis. I'd like to know whom he pressured with false information at that meeting; put in a way that some of you might prefer...what did he say and to whom did he say what we now know is FALSE? For those with more delicate ears, what we now know is misleading?
I don't call it a lie. I call it the same thing he said about Iraq. "I go with what I had." (When he knows damned well he had nothing.)
That's why his credibility and the credibility of this country are gone. It's gone amongst our perceived enemies and it's gone amongst our used-to-be allies.

And this alleged false information is .....?

Let's put on out 'rational choice' hat and think about this for a minute. Did Iraq have WMDs as advertised by the war spin ministers, No. Why, because there were many blockades of material, knowledge, and it was not in Saddam's interest (RC). He lost the Gulf War badly and his conflict with Iran was a disaster as well. Did Saddam want to lose power, again we have on our RC hat. No. He was actually controlled and the wiser descison would have been to leave him alone so long as he did not engage in mass murder.

So move over to Iran, does anyone in their right mind want to be blown to kingdom come over WMDs, nuclear this time, surely not, Israel would smoke them. So I think the 18% have it right.

As far Bush/Cheney, they lost credibility long ago, debating that seems senseless at this point.

Speaking of spinmeisters .... Saddam produced, possessed and used WMDs. He ran weapons inspectors ragged, kicked them out of Iraq frequently, only allowed them to inspect where and when he wanted ....

Either he WAS hiding something, or he sure played a STUPID hand acting as if he was. Add that to the aforementioned, the only rational conclusion is that he possessed and was willing to use WMDs.

Nothing but political partisanship would bring a rational person to any other conclusion.

of course not! ;)

you are a lovely and talented educator, who just happens to be a rabidly partisan republican!

LOL! Nowhere near the rabid partisan of yourself. Dang, I can't come up with one of the blokes to vote for. Sheesh!

LOL! Nowhere near the rabid partisan of yourself. Dang, I can't come up with one of the blokes to vote for. Sheesh!

see...but I admit it.

Let go.... just admit that you'd vote for a dog with an (R) after his name before you'd vote for a democrat for president. go ahead. you'll feel better - liberated - after you do!

see...but I admit it.

Let go.... just admit that you'd vote for a dog with an (R) after his name before you'd vote for a democrat for president. go ahead. you'll feel better - liberated - after you do!

Actually you don't know how damn made that the Libertarians are not running someone that is reasonable. I guess there is no one, but damn, this really is there opening. It pisses me off to no end, that Ron Paul is running with (R), when he is not close to such and is in fact a crazy anti-semite too boot!

I think the Libertarian is the party in the wings, too many of both parties truly despise both parties.

see...but I admit it.

So you'll just vote for the (D) no matter what, huh? That's a pretty sad statement.

So you'll just vote for the (D) no matter what, huh? That's a pretty sad statement.

as long as the platform of the democratic party encompasses a majority of my principles and the republican platform does not, why is that so sad?

as long as the platform of the democratic party encompasses a majority of my principles and the republican platform does not, why is that so sad?

That wasn't the question. You made the statement to the effect that Kathianne would just vote for the "R" no matter what, even though to my knowledge, Kathianne isn't even a Republican.

You further made the statement that you do the same.

That has nothing to do with platforms or principles.

That wasn't the question. You made the statement to the effect that Kathianne would just vote for the "R" no matter what, even though to my knowledge, Kathianne isn't even a Republican.

I'll say he has reasons to put me in (R) column, though I don't fit or vote as comfortably as he does in (D). Truth is, I'm closer philosophically with Libertarians, but thanks to that party the best I can do is libertarian. Weird case, I can't fit the, so they never 'left' me. LOL!

Bush's problem is that he's trying so desperately to save himself.
He broadly hinted at WW III.
He knew about the sixteen unanimous intel agencies' agreement on Iran and nuclear weapon development BEFORE meeting with ME delegates at Annapolis. I'd like to know whom he pressured with false information at that meeting; put in a way that some of you might prefer...what did he say and to whom did he say what we now know is FALSE? For those with more delicate ears, what we now know is misleading?
I don't call it a lie. I call it the same thing he said about Iraq. "I go with what I had." (When he knows damned well he had nothing.)
That's why his credibility and the credibility of this country are gone. It's gone amongst our perceived enemies and it's gone amongst our used-to-be allies.

Is it any wonder?

As a foreigner, I can assure you we are fucking-well dumfounded that a reputed technically advanced people could so regress to their fruitcake religious roots as to elect such a flagrant fuckwit - TWICE.

When we listen to this monosyllabic missing link's malapropisms, his pitiful attempts at imparting gravitas and/or sincerity in his "idiot sheet" prompted speeches, and are forced yet again to watch his farcical swagger, reminiscent of Benito Mussolini at his comic opera best, on our TV's. we have to ask ourselves what sort of people, apart from Dances With Rattlers retards from rural Arkansas, could possibly vote for such a blatant buffoon. :rolleyes:

Is it any wonder?

As a foreigner, I can assure you we are fucking-well dumfounded that a reputed technically advanced people could so regress to their fruitcake religious roots as to elect such a flagrant fuckwit - TWICE.

When we listen to this monosyllabic missing link's malapropisms, his pitiful attempts at imparting gravitas and/or sincerity in his "idiot sheet" prompted speeches, and are forced yet again to watch his farcical swagger, reminiscent of Benito Mussolini at his comic opera best, on our TV's. we have to ask ourselves what sort of people, apart from Dances With Rattlers retards from rural Arkansas, could possibly vote for such a blatant buffoon. :rolleyes:

And yet the enlightened Australians voted for a " clone" of Bush 3 times. The second longest serving leader of your country. Ya, you go girl . Lecture us on Bush.

And yet the enlightened Australians voted for a " clone" of Bush 3 times. The second longest serving leader of your country. Ya, you go girl . Lecture us on Bush.

You won't get an argument from me on that one, Uncle Remus!

Australians are no different from all of the Proddie run western "democrcies" when it come to fear generated politics.

And we are even a fucking side worse when it comes to obsequiously sucking, first Pommie arse, then, from 1942 onwards, for our pollies firmly ensconcing us in the first fetid Seppo Presidunce's arse who said, "Jump!"

Which is why I seriously considered migrating to New Zealand a while back. They had the guts to tell you to get fucked and to stick your threats up your big-noting arse!

I'm one of the few left that still remembers the meaning behind his forefathers solemn oath,

.....for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

(with apologies to any of my lower class Pommie mates here, who were equally oppressed by their Proddapitalist overlords as my plaid wearing progenitors)

You won't get an argument from me on that one, Uncle Remus!

Australians are no different from all of the Proddie run western "democrcies" when it come to fear generated politics.

And we are even a fucking side worse when it comes to obsequiously sucking, first Pommie arse, then, from 1942 onwards, for our pollies firmly ensconcing us in the first fetid Seppo Presidunce's arse who said, "Jump!"

Which is why I seriously considered migrating to New Zealand a while back. They had the guts to tell you to get fucked and to stick your threats up your big-noting arse!

I'm one of the few left that still remembers the meaning behind his forefathers solemn oath,

(with apologies to any of my lower class Pommie mates here, who were equally oppressed by their Proddapitalist overlords as my plaid wearing progenitors)

Pretty easy to sit back and talk all that crap when you live where kicking you butt upside your shoulders isn't worth the inconvenient trip to nowhere.

Next time you "tough guys" have a natural disaster or an invading army on your doorstep, do us "big-noting asses" a favor and take care of yourselves. Better yet, go snivelling to France or China for help.

of course it does. If the platform of the democratic party did not closely approximate my beliefs, or if another party's platform MORE closely approximated my beliefs, I would not be a democrat and I would not vote for a democrat.

Pretty easy to sit back and talk all that crap when you live where kicking you butt upside your shoulders isn't worth the inconvenient trip to nowhere.

Next time you "tough guys" have a natural disaster or an invading army on your doorstep, do us "big-noting asses" a favor and take care of yourselves. Better yet, go snivelling to France or China for help.

G-e-e-zus Wept, Gunny! How many times do I have to put the self-serving myth of American altruism to rest?

We owe you?!! What a fucking farce! You owe US for using our country as an indispensable base of operations and getting thousands of our boys killed in a war that YOU goaded the Japanese into.

Should we thank you for the loan of those useless troops, that ran like rabbits at the sight of the starving, dispirited remnants of the Japanese Moresby invasion force, that WE had whupped and driven into your prepared killing field?

I refer to the lily-livered US 32nd Division rabble, that had to be stiffened by the sick, decimated Aussie militia to make them fight. The same poor totally untrained scratch force of our last reserves, that had held the Japs long enough for our veterans* to get home from Africa, in the nick of time, to stop them.

Meanwhile, your troops “trained” (i.e. hid in Australia with the kids, womenfolk, 4F's, and the four-white-feather jobs) unrtil the cost was clear, and bragged to them all the while about what they would do to the Japs when they finally completed what was already their second year of “training.”

When are you gonna face up to the fact that, from the moment your fascistic, universally despised Puritan progenitors set foot in America, your country has been little more than a Hyena nation, skulking in like mangy curs after the life and death struggle of other empires to steal the braver beast's kills. That you are mere pawn of a parasitic and racist hegemon that fills it's self-centred citizens Christian rent-a-minds, and thus the ranks of it's Imperial legions, with a Nazi-like divine-right-to-rule idealogy, borrowed from the Bible's master race narrative, to feed to naif cannon fodder like you.

It is you who ought to be thanking the atheistic Russian and Chinese communists, for crippling and otherwise occupying the majority of the Japanese forces, well before you got into the war. :eusa_whistle:

*The Aussie veterans that the scheming imperialists LBJ and Churchill threatened our LABOR leader with leaving Australia to the tender mercies of the Japanese, if he disobeyed them and bought these troops home to defend Oz.

G-e-e-zus Wept, Gunny! How many times do I have to put the self-serving myth of American altruism to rest?

We owe you?!! What a fucking farce! You owe US for using our country as an indispensable base of operations and getting thousands of our boys killed in a war that YOU goaded the Japanese into.

Should we thank you for the loan of those useless troops, that ran like rabbits at the sight of the starving, dispirited remnants of the Japanese Moresby invasion force, that WE had whupped and driven into your prepared killing field?

I refer to the lily-livered US 32nd Division rabble, that had to be stiffened by the sick, decimated Aussie militia to make them fight. The same poor totally untrained scratch force of our last reserves, that had held the Japs long enough for our veterans* to get home from Africa, in the nick of time, to stop them.

Meanwhile, your troops “trained” (i.e. hid in Australia with the kids, womenfolk, 4F's, and the four-white-feather jobs) unrtil the cost was clear, and bragged to them all the while about what they would do to the Japs when they finally completed what was already their second year of “training.”

When are you gonna face up to the fact that, from the moment your fascistic, universally despised Puritan progenitors set foot in America, your country has been little more than a Hyena nation, skulking in like mangy curs after the life and death struggle of other empires to steal the braver beast's kills. That you are mere pawn of a parasitic and racist hegemon that fills it's self-centred citizens Christian rent-a-minds, and thus the ranks of it's Imperial legions, with a Nazi-like divine-right-to-rule idealogy, borrowed from the Bible's master race narrative, to feed to naif cannon fodder like you.

It is you who ought to be thanking the atheistic Russian and Chinese communists, for crippling and otherwise occupying the majority of the Japanese forces, well before you got into the war. :eusa_whistle:

*The Aussie veterans that the scheming imperialists LBJ and Churchill threatened our LABOR leader with leaving Australia to the tender mercies of the Japanese, if he disobeyed them and bought these troops home to defend Oz.

Sure thing you fucking Moron. Remind us how YOR navy and Airforce destroyed the Japanese. Remind us how all we had to do to avoid war with Japan was agree to sell them the oil and metal they needed to conquer the British and Netherland forces in SRA and leave you to what ever fate they planned for you after that.

Your ignorant rants are pathetic. Your lack of history is appalling. Remind us how Your Country was gonna fight off the Japanese single handed you stupid shit for brains.

All we had to do was give the Japanese what they wanted to continue their wars and we would have been sitting pretty. Remind me how we supposedly sold Saddam Hussein weapons and that was bad, but we should have continued to sell Japan oil and metal for Pacific and Asian conquest and that was good, you kiwi fucking goat herder.

Forum List

Back