Interesting PBS poll on gun control

More than just conservatives are against gun control.
Attacking the polls (a well known political trick from both sides) is not going to change the facts.
All of the polls support more gun ownership
How current events might play into America s shift in favor of gun rights - Yahoo News
For the first time, a Pew survey found more support for gun ownership than gun control among Americans.
48% Pew
The shift in views makes for grim reading for gun control advocates, who, according to Pew, have lost support among every demographic except Hispanics and liberal Democrats.
Among African-Americans, Pew found a dramatic shift in opinion. A majority of blacks, 54 percent, now say gun ownership does more to protect people than to endanger personal safety. Two years ago, only 29 percent of black Americans held that view.

58% Rassmussen
53 Oppose Stricter Gun Control Laws - Rasmussen Reports trade
Gallup 73% Handguns Should Not Be Banned
53 Oppose Stricter Gun Control Laws - Rasmussen Reports trade

Rasmussen and Gallup have a verified rightwing bias.

Rasmussen 8217 s 2012 Polling Has Had A Republican Bias All Year

Most Accurate Polls Of 2012 Election - Business Insider

Meanwhile, near the bottom of the list is the poll that we've been tracking for a while nowGallup. It came in 24th out of 27 polls in the rankings.

Also notable: YouGov and Reuters/Ipsos, which rank an impressive third and fourth in the list, are conducted online.

Here's the full list (polls with an asterisk were more favorable to Obama, and polls without were more favorable to Romney):

1. PPP (D)*

1. Daily Kos/SEIU/PPP*

3. YouGov*

4. Ipsos/Reuters*

5. Purple Strategies

6. NBC/WSJ

6. CBS/NYT

6. YouGov/Economist

9. UPI/CVOTER

10. IBD/TIPP

11. Angus-Reid*

12. ABC/WP*

13. Pew Research*

13. Hartford Courant/UConn*

15. CNN/ORC

15. Monmouth/SurveyUSA

15. Politico/GWU/Battleground

15. FOX News

15. Washington Times/JZ Analytics

15. Newsmax/JZ Analytics

15. American Research Group

15. Gravis Marketing

23. Democracy Corps (D)*

24. Rasmussen

24. Gallup

26. NPR

27. National Journal*

28. AP/GfK

Read more: Most Accurate Polls Of 2012 Election - Business Insider

Gun control is the losingest issue in nationl politics. Every time the Dems try to run it, they end up losing elections.

No, balancing the budget is the losingest issue in national politics. Unfortunately. But gun control is a close second.
I dont know any politician who ran on balancing the budget and lost because of it.

And that's why it's an even bigger loser. Gun control is a loser because nobody supports it. But balancing the budget is a bigger loser because those who "support" it end up abandoning it.
Obviously people support it because politicians run on it and people vote for them.
Balancing the budget is a tough thing because it's pretty general while spending is always specific. So the constituency for this or that program is more vocal than those who want balance.

So which is a bigger loser? An issue that has virtually no support? Or an issue that has substantial support, but still can't find a way to fruition?

Clinton not only balanced the budget but he managed to run a surplus that reduced the national debt.

Then Bush and the Republicans gave massive taxcuts to the 1% and started wars that they never paid for.

Actually, this shows two things. One, PBS viewers aren't all a bunch of far left liberals, as evident by the poll's results. This points to the second thing, PBS must not be as liberal as the far right has been led to believe by their favorite talking head dispenser's of Kool-aid, again based on the poll results.

That is an interesting theory but the real truth is that a couple of the big gun forums like ARFCOM discovered the polls and the members went to spam it. Just like DU does sometimes with their Liberal bias.

Actually, I like theory better than yours.
Let's look at the numbers, 87,235 votes to 3,379. ARFCOM must have a ton of active posters or the voters did the despicable and voted multiple times! :eek-52: Per their website "The Most Users Online Was 11,383 On 11/24/2014 10:09:51 PM EST". That means each poster at ARFCOM forum one-time peak would have to vote about 8 times! :disbelief:
I did a lot of deep, deep, deep thinking before I posted earlier. :alcoholic: And I plan to stay with my thought process. :biggrin:

The link to the PBS website went viral on the gun fetish websites.

Clinton not only balanced the budget but he managed to run a surplus that reduced the national debt.

Then Bush and the Republicans gave massive taxcuts to the 1% and started wars that they never paid for.
What a clueless doof. Republicans took over congress and held Clinton's feet to the fire. Democrats took over during the last Bush years and the outcome was predictable. obama and the Dems spent much more than Bush with Republicans controlling the national pocketbook so your reasoning is a bit skewed, to say the least.

You do understand that an assault weapons ban is "taking guns away" don't you?

I understand that you are an asshole. I understand that you suffer from irrational fear.
And I understand that the 14 guns in my house are in no danger from being taken away by anybody in government.
I understand that NO ONE who had a legal right to own a gun had their guns taken away from them since Obama was elected. I understand that Ronnie St Reagan himself was opposed to having assault weapons on the streets of America.

What I don't understand is why you gun nutters are so fucking whacked out claiming repeatedly that your guns are being taken away.from you. When you know that is a lie.

So then, a question. If Pelosi, Boxer, or Obama was suddenly made king, with unlimited power, do you believe they would take Americas guns away?

Mark
This fails as a loaded question fallacy.
No, it's a legitimate question.
You want to deflect because the obvious answer is Yes, they would move to confiscate guns in an instant.
This from someone who wants to deny disabled citizens the right to vote.

No you are confused. Newt balanced the budget. That scumbag Clinton just had the good sense not to get in his way after the midterm elections where Clinton's party got their ass kicked. It is a lesson that dumbshit Obama is not smart enough to learn.

By the way, Clinton signed every item in Newt's Contract for America except the item on requiring the Federal government to balance the budget.

No you are confused. Newt balanced the budget. That scumbag Clinton just had the good sense not to get in his way after the midterm elections where Clinton's party got their ass kicked. It is a lesson that dumbshit Obama is not smart enough to learn.

By the way, Clinton signed every item in Newt's Contract for America except the item on requiring the Federal government to balance the budget.

Your ignorance is palpable.

http://www.senate.gov/reference/Legislation/Vetoes/Presidents/ClintonW.pdf

Clinton actually issued 37 vetoes of which the majority were spending bills. In addition he vetoed the extreme right partial birth abortion bills (both of them) and the attempt to eliminate the Estate tax which was part of Gingrich's Contract ON America (that caused the 2000 economic collapse and the Enron/Arthur Anderson scandal).

Your ignorance is palpable.

http://www.senate.gov/reference/Legislation/Vetoes/Presidents/ClintonW.pdf

Clinton actually issued 37 vetoes of which the majority were spending bills. In addition he vetoed the extreme right partial birth abortion bills (both of them) and the attempt to eliminate the Estate tax which was part of Gingrich's Contract ON America (that caused the 2000 economic collapse and the Enron/Arthur Anderson scandal).

You are confused once again. You dumbass Libtards stay confused most of the time, don't you? Of course since you voted for that idiot Obama then it is not expected that you get much right. You simply are not that smart as you have proven.

The word abortion doesn't even appear in the Contract for America and neither does the estate tax.

http://gvpt.umd.edu/jgloekler/documents/contract.pdf

What you are confused about is the exchanges that took place in the government over the bills that were initiated by the Contract for America, which were extensive and included many other things. Clinton sign many of the items in the bills because of the Contract. He also was a piece of shit for not protecting the unborn and for not stopping the filthy government from stealing more money from the American people when he had the opportunity.

However, in totality Clinton had the good sense to jump on Newt;s bandwagon for most of the four years that Newt was in power and that is probably the reason the sonofoabitch was not impeached when he should have been. Newt saved Clinton's ass with more responsible government than Clinton was able to produce.

Dumb fuck, that is not at all what gun control is about. What it is about is the fact that in this nation, if the present trend continues, there will be more deaths in the US from guns than from autos in 2015.

There are 8-9,000 gun murders each year....there are an average of 1.6 million times a year that guns are used to stop violent criminal attack and save lives...so no....guns aren't the problem and 1.6 million times a year they are a solution to violent crime....

And gun crime is going down, not up....
yep

So the NRA had trusted members like you all (how many times did the OP complete the poll) take this poll over and over and over to skew the results and make you all proud to be Americans. LMAO.

32k out of 34k Americans all agreeing on this issue eh.

You all do know that there is no monitoring of how many times someone answers the question. Right?
Had the poll said the opposite, you would have touted it as fact.

Obama should get the "Firearm Salesman of the Decade" award for his part in encouraging millions of Americans to buy firearms by threatening to take them away.
Obama threatened to take my guns away? When did this happen? Why don't you post up a credible link showing me where Obama threatened to take away my guns. I want to read about that.
You aren't aware that The Obama supports banning shotguns, handguns and rifles?
Allow me to ease your ignorance:
Obama Administration Pushes For Assault Weapons Ban Vote But Says No National Gun Registry Needed - ABC News
Obama calls for assault-weapons ban background checks
There you go. Glad I could help.

Forum List

Back