Interesting Near Death Experience.

[youtube]XvxFXkv7L24[/youtube]

Ar around 4:27 it gets really interesting.

I find it interesting you would chose Penn (Not sure which one is Penn and Teller but I think it is Penn) to argue against Near Death Experiences. He is a well known Atheist. I must admit he makes a compelling argument and I don't trust those wacky ones that out their pushing books. I believe that is why Dr. Polo really hit home with me. She is not pushing any sort of a book. She has risked her reputation to report what she experienced. Her experience was well beyond that of the light. I believe the woman at the very least believes she has experienced this and is doing what God instructed her to do.

I posted this on this board because I knew there would be plenty of skeptics. I wanted to hear from another point of view. The Catholic Church does not recognize these experience to the best of knowledge. You can search the internet and find doctors and scientist that believe these experiences are unexplainable. You can find several doctors that have had their own. You can also find plenty of doctors and scientists that go with the dying brain theory. That Dr. Moody Penn and Teller rolled out sounded like someone just in it for the money and I find his story highly suspect.

"I believe the woman at the very least believes she has experienced this and is doing what God instructed her to do."
It seems really preachy, I''m a little suspect, I think she either had an nde and is exaggerating some of the details or is making chunks of it up (I hate to sound mean).
I know Penn's an atheist and he admits that their show is biased but I thought it was interesting.
I haven't done much research on NDEs and all so I might not be the one to debate this with.

"I believe the woman at the very least believes she has experienced this and is doing what God instructed her to do."
It seems really preachy, I''m a little suspect, I think she either had an nde and is exaggerating some of the details or is making chunks of it up (I hate to sound mean).
I know Penn's an atheist and he admits that their show is biased but I thought it was interesting.
I haven't done much research on NDEs and all so I might not be the one to debate this with.

No your not being mean at all. My question is why on Earth would she be making any of it up? She was struck by lightning and should have died like I believe it was her nephew. She is not out pimping a book or anything I can find. Mrs. Dr. Gloria Polo. Mystic Testimony. Columbia. The folks on one of the Catholic boards do not believe her story. They mainly don't believe it because the Church has said nothing other than her parish priest giving her the okay to tell her story. I'm biased because I am Christian. As a Catholic we have been taught miracles like the one at Fatima so maybe I'm predisposed to believe Dr. Polo. If you don't know about Fatima it is a pretty impressive event with thousands of witnesses some being reporters sent to debunk it. I give more credence to her as opposed to some of Penn and Teller examples because it doesn't appear she has an angle she is working. That is what I meant that she must actually believe this happened. She is doing what she believe God told her to do. Sorry if that sounds preachy. I appreciated your input and like I said Penn and Teller presented their case well.

As a believer in God I have to be honest. I'm not one to judge or to say if one that has had a Near Death Experience (NDE) is from God or not. That is up to the individual who has had that experience to decide. I think some can be explained with the simple fact that our bodies hold a lot of energy therefore perhaps this triggers brain impulse/images or both and people Interpret them as from God.

If it were me, I probably would believe it was from God. What gets me is how anyone can diminish someone for saying it was from GOD or even that they had a NDE, so what if people do, they become much better people and live life to its fullest so what in the SAM HELL is wrong with that?

Last edited:
I think she's making some of it up because it seems very long and very specific as if God himself chose her to spread specifics about his message. I haven't heard a ton of NDE stories but I bet this is extraordinary even for an nde.

Forum List

Back