Interesting family developments...

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
I just learned last night that my hubby's cousin and his wife ("Jake" & Abigail")are getting divorced. This is the couple that are Kerry-level liberal, and had the hippie wedding (complete with skinny dipping-if you want me to spill the details of it, let me know)

This comes as kind of a surprise. But the reason isn't. She cheated on him twice. I was 5months pregnant with my son when we were told that she was 2 months prego, they didn't want kids at the time, and were totally panicking on what to do. Then she had a miscarriage. Or so we were told. Something didn't seem right about their mannerisms when we were told about it. I can tell 95% of the time that someone is lying. Being is that I had a miscarriage of an unplanned (not so much unwanted) pregnancy myself, I know what you go through. Even if you didn't want the child in the first place, it still affects you. Both me and my husband's parents think she had an abortion, but thought it might upset some of the family members, especially the older relatives who don't believe in abortion, especially AFTER marriage.

Well, last night when my MIL called to tell us what is going on, she said that Abigail did not want to go through the pregnancy, and thought that it would be the ruin of their lives to have a child that soon, but Jake was more optimistic and wanted the baby. Abigail went and got an abortion without his input. She wanted to play it into having a miscarriage, but there was no way, because usually you go to the hospital when that happens, or an infection could result, and tests are usually run to try to determine the cause, but mostly it is natural causes.

But of course, they could not tell the whole family what she had done. Why not? She is BIG on pro-choice...why shouldn't she be proud of what she CHOSE to do? So they lied and told us, and the rest of the family that she had a miscarriage. I knew it. I knew she lied. I could just tell something was not right.

What's really funny, is that they were on a trial separation earlier this year, and we were lied to on her whereabouts at Easter. I was told by Jake that she was going to some music/art festival, and that it was something she did every year. Can we say selfish? But then, I found out at my son's baptism (that neither of them or Tim's aunt and uncle attended) that she was supposedly working. I got 2 conflicting stories. Tim's aunt and uncle declined our invitation to the baptism, saying they had something else planned, but we had sent the invites out 3 weeks beforehand, and their other event was they were going to dinner to celebrate all their kids' birthdays at once. None of the kids had birthdays in May. They are all in Nov & Dec. So we know that his aunt and uncle lied to us then too.

Now they declined my son's invite to his 1yr birthday. They apparently had plans to go up th Canada to fish. They live on a lake. Auntie-poo doesn't fish.

So tonight, my FIL called a family meeting to find out what the HELL is going on with these people. And to add another note---They are ALL liberal.

So, they're divorcing for the 'no kids' reason or has something else crept in?

I don't like to judge people but damn she sounds like a selfish person ! I feel sorry for people who cannot have children and then someone like her used this proceedure as birth control ! It just burns me up ! :blowup:

Sorry FuzzyKitten didn't mean to blast your in laws ! Forgive me please ! Just can't help myself !

Sandy73 said:
I don't like to judge people but damn she sounds like a selfish person ! I feel sorry for people who cannot have children and then someone like her used this proceedure as birth control ! It just burns me up ! :blowup:

Sorry FuzzyKitten didn't mean to blast your in laws ! Forgive me please ! Just can't help myself !

I flame them all the time. They are pompous eliteists who hate anything conservative, and expect others to pick up the tab on social issues. So it's no wonder that the little issue that we had at Easter (Jake's mom said that my and my husband's salaries were below poverty level-yet we have 2 nice cars we are still paying for, a son who is in daycare, and we just bought a $183k house-her kids still mooch off them, and all have U of M educations paid for by mommy & daddy, but NONE of them can hold a job)...we haven't borrowed any money from relatives to pay for anything of ours. Anything we do get monetarily is usually for birthdays or holidays.

fuzzykitten99 said:
I flame them all the time. They are pompous eliteists who hate anything conservative, and expect others to pick up the tab on social issues. So it's no wonder that the little issue that we had at Easter (Jake's mom said that my and my husband's salaries were below poverty level-yet we have 2 nice cars we are still paying for, a son who is in daycare, and we just bought a $183k house-her kids still mooch off them, and all have U of M educations paid for by mommy & daddy, but NONE of them can hold a job)...we haven't borrowed any money from relatives to pay for anything of ours. Anything we do get monetarily is usually for birthdays or holidays.
There is nothing wrong with poopooing the status quo, as long as you can afford to do it. Most who do, can't. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back