Interesting early 2008 poll numbers

Kathianne said:
I'd vote for Guilliani over nearly any Democrat I can think of.

I'd love to see him run. He cleaned up New York when everyone else had given it up as a lost cause. To bad he wasn't in charge of New Orleans! :tank:

Trigg said:
I'd love to see him run. He cleaned up New York when everyone else had given it up as a lost cause. To bad he wasn't in charge of New Orleans! :tank:

Absolutely!!!!

Mariner said:
more conservative types here feel about a moderate/liberal Republican like Guiliani. Would you vote for him?

Mariner.
He's going to have to move a little more to the right if he expects to win the nomination - depending on who else runs.

Kathianne said:
Thank you. Anyone want to argue that terrorism is NOT job1?

To me, it's a toss up between terrorism and illegal immigration. The two are connected in that terrorists could easily enter America through our porous boaders.

Although I believe the author of this to be a liberal, she still does a pretty good job of trashing the democrats and their ambition to see Hitlery as President...

Hillary for President?

Jesus H. Christ—what the hell are top Dems doing playing footsy with Hillary? Do Democrats have a secret death pact we don’t know about? If they want to lose a third general election in a row, go ahead, run Hillary for President of the United States of America.

The reasons not to do such a thing are obvious to anyone not drinking the Clintonite Kool-Aid. Let me list just the ones that roll off the top of my not-so-bright head:

Hillary Moonies cite recent polls showing that likely Democrat voters would vote for Hillary if she ran. Yes, this is true—but why? The answer is not reassuring. It is because the less voters see and hear of Hillary the more they like her. Which means the converse is true as well. Just get her out on the national campaign trail, on the news every night, in dozens of ads on TV, and in nationally televised debates and watch those poll numbers plummet. I will bet my firstborn on it. Hillary grates on people. Maybe that’s unfair. But it’s still true.

Hillary has triangulated herself into irrelevance with her hawkish support for the war in Iraq. She did this in order to show she could be tough, just like a man. All she really proved was that she could be a conniving politician, just like men.

All’s fair in love, war and politics. So expect all that Kenneth Starr variety crap about the Clintons to make a big comeback. I know that Starr and his Dark Side minions failed to prove most of the allegations against the Clintons. But the Clintons’ own sloppy ethics provided the very fuel on which the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy ran. If Hillary runs for president the Swift Boat Veterans will be back in a new form, but in full form. They will pound her relentlessly. Unfair? You bet. Go tell it to John Kerry.

Finally, there’s Bill. Imagine Bill as First Husband, rambling around the East Wing of the White House with nothing but time on his hands. How long would it be—days, weeks, a month?—before the stories about White House maids getting made began? That’s not just a possibility, or even a probability. It’s a certainty. Then the nation and the world will be again treated to four years of “Live From the White House—The Jerry Springer Show!”

I could go on. There are many more reasons not to encourage Hillary to run for president.

Look, I loved Clinton’s domestic policies. Hell, I profited from them. They were the best years of my life, financially. They were the best years the nation had seen in decades. The trouble was that Bill Clinton is not one person, but three.

There’s Bill the Brilliant, who balanced the federal budget, built a giant surplus that could have been used to repair Social Security, reformed welfare and kept us out of stupid-ass wars.

There’s Bill the Self-Indulgent who could not resist exploiting the aphrodisiac of power on female targets of opportunity. The Bill that played with the truth, like a cat plays with a mouse. The Bill who faced the world on TV as the bad little boy making lame excuses after being caught red-handed misbehaving.

Finally—and more to the point—there’s Bill/Hillary, the package deal. They are co-dependants and mutual enablers. Bill has been president, and Hillary is not a bit interested in vying against Laura Bush and Nancy Reagan for the top slot at the former First Lady Hall of Fame. She wants to be America’s first woman president. Even serial marital infidelity, exposed in fine detail to the entire world, could not break the bonds of this union. It’s a Bonnie and Clyde quality relationship—Bill & Hillary vs. (Fill in the blank). Right or wrong, they will go down together, fighting. And they always attract a fight.

As I said, I loved the policies, but by the time the Clintons’ eight years were up I was so glad to see them leave. I was exhausted, as were millions of other Americans. Clinton fatigue. Bill and Hillary bring too much baggage along with them.

Memo to Democrats

So, don’t do it. I understand why you are tempted. A lot of you top Dems are members of the Clinton White House Diaspora. You got that first taste of power during your days in the Clinton administration. And it was something else—like sticking your tongue into a 220v socket, the rush of your life, and you miss it. Oh, how you miss it. Now you want it back. And you figure that the car that got you there the first time might be able to get you back again. That’s why you’re furiously squirting starter fluid into the old Clinton jalopy.

Also, you are still listening to the wrong people—like political consultant (and habitual loser) Bob Schrum. I suspect that Karl Rove keeps a photo of Schrum in his bible and prays for his health every night. Why do you even let the guy in the building? He, and those of his ilk in the party, are the political equivalent of Typhoid Mary. Get rid of them and bring in grassroots people from outside DC. Unlike Schrum et al., they actually know what’s going on out here.

Instead of wasting time on Hillary, the Democratic Party, or what’s left of it, should be searching right now for inspirational candidates. By the time the ‘08 general election rolls around, Bush’s policies will have created such ruin, pain and embarrassment that voters will be starved for a real statesman. Someone who can do for post-Bush America what Roosevelt did for post-Hoover America.

I don’t know who that might be. But the party might want to dip back into its past, since there are so few Democrats in power today that inspire more than a groan. Former senators George Mitchell and Sam Nunn come to mind. Diane Feinstein. Even Gary Hart, who, since his lap-dance with Donna Rice, has become one of the world’s top experts on international and domestic terrorism.

There must be others who can rise to this critical occasion. After all, we have nothing less than a nation to save. But if the best the Democratic Party has to offer voters in ‘08 turns out to be Hillary, they deserve to lose—again.

http://judy.gnn.tv/blogs/6574/Say_No_to_Hillary_In_08

Mariner said:
I was struck by your quote, AA:

"A civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself." Jean-Francois Revel

I guess I would answer that a civilization that feels guilty for nothing it is and does will have become monstrous. The ancient Greeks, the ancient Hindus, and the ancient Chinese (yin/yang) had it right: balance.

So a little real wisdom bugs you, does it, Mariner? I did notice that you did not dispute the truth of what Revel said. Of course, you pseudo-intellectuals (liberals) always like to put your spin on things. After all, you are the font of all wisdom and knowledge, right?

I think whats ironic about these polls is the fact that I dont think any of those four will get the nomination. so the poll is basically useless.

I think whats ironic about these polls is the fact that I dont think any of those four will get the nomination. so the poll is basically useless.

who are your four?

manu1959 said:
who are your four?

Not sure yet. Id like to wait to see who is running before i make such a decision. But out of the four up there id choose Guiliani. But like I said I dont think He can get the nomination. Might be a good vice presidential candidate though.

Forum List

Back